PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 September 2022

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Arsenal played very well but we showed fantastic tenacity and mental strength to hang in there and win it.

In recent seasons we would have crumbled and probably lost that game by a hefty margin.

ETH takes all the credit.

avgp_1

Eriksen what a player. His passing through the lines is what we've been missing

cyberman

Arsenal win 5 in a row after playing nobody, look how great they are
We have now won 4 in a row after beating Arsenal and Liverpool, let’s see how that’s received

Siorac

All due respect to Rashford (two goals and an assist, hard to argue with that!), this game was won by a couple of amazing passes by Bruno and above all, Eriksen.

It's really concerning how hard we found to get any sort of foothold in midfield for a good hour or so. The defence held firm under immense pressure and that's a good thing but we really need to improve massively in terms of controlling a game. Arsenal found it way too easy to play through us for long periods.

And in light of that, the Casemiro situation is a bit baffling though admittedly he wasn't great after coming on - but McTominay was fading badly and needed help earlier. On the bright side, we have massive counter-attacking potential when Eriksen and Bruno both get their passing right which they definitely did.

Lovely debut goal from Antony and a couple of nice touches but he'll shine more once we have a bit more midfield control.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Lovely stuff.

We've got a team of fighters for the first time in god knows how long

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I am so proud of everyone. Did not expect a 3-1 win. Super happy

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Four wins in a row with two of them being against Liverpool and Arsenal. There have been many false dawns but not like this. Not with players who look like a team.

But still plenty of work to be done.

Superunknown

McTominay and Eriksen played very well. There were large portions of the match where Arsenal had more of the ball and kept us very deep, but I generally thought we made the most out of the chances we created. Dare I say it, we were clinical.

Delighted with Antony and Rashford for getting their goals, for different reasons. Rashford should take loads of confidence from this game.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Very positive signs today for us against a team who are a year or two ahead of us in their development. Definitely seeing signs of the work on the training ground coming out on the pitch and you’d imagine there’s plenty more to come. Very satisfying win. Get in!

podurban2

What a player we have in Erikson. I will relish every match he plays for us.
Same goes for Antony.

Haven't been this happy and enjoy watching some of our players as I have like this in ages.
Eriksen* as someone named SirAnderson should know.. :)

Skills

Snitch
Arsenal played very well but we showed fantastic tenacity and mental strength to hang in there and win it.

In recent seasons we would have crumbled and probably lost that game by a hefty margin.

ETH takes all the credit.
*last season

We won this type of game many times the season before

mancan92

People need to big up the defence they were playing against a very potent attack with half the match having no midfield as support. Yes arsenal scored but the defence was awesome

lex talionis

Several candidates for MOTM, but I went with Rashford. Fantastic finishing. The match winner plus one for insurance.

SirAnderson

Liverpool a few weeks ago?
While I will also LOVE a win against Liverpool. This one felt very different.

That one could have been down to a fluke result maybe. Then we had those 1-0 close shaves, and this has just given us a different feeling about what our season can really look like if all our players buy in to EtH's football.

troylocker

Great result! Hopefully that wasn’t a muscle injury on Rashford. 4 wins in a row now without really clicking into gear is a healthy sign.

Cloud7

After Liverpool there's no team in world football I love beating more than Arsenal. So so happy today

Tarrou

Maguire managed to be the worst player on the pitch in a few minutes.
there was a moment when he tried to join in with the new fist-pumping/chest-bumping thing but nobody really reciprocated, bless :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
feck Arsenal and their hype train.

Absolutely over the moon with that. We are a work in progress but you cant help but feel proud of the players. They weren't all having a good day but they reacted brilliantly to adversity (better than their opponents). Loved it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He is clearly not ready. Glad that TH didn't start him, may be using the Europa game to give him 90min
Indeed. You'd think the armchair experts in the matchday thread would allow ETH to make the right call on Casemiro. Once again the manager was right.

Vapor trail

Great result multitude of goals, Ronaldo factor fading but the newer recruits offering great contributions

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Love beating the Arsenal

A little concerning how they were the better side for long periods but I'll put that down to us still not being able to field what will be our best XI

Glideman

What a game! We rode our luck at times but the mentality was great and we deserved the win!! Glazers out as always

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal