PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sat, 25 September 2021

justsomebloke

Worst perfomance today: The OT crowd, who only seemed able to raise themselves to mild engagement when AV delayed.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

All the ole out comments are reported. Sad how delusional fans are to a goal in 1999 and don't see him as a fraud.
I’m pissed off todsy, but to boil Ole’s playing career down to that one goal is unfair. He was fantastic for us.

Von Mistelroum

What will it take for Ole to go? I am thinking relegation fight but even then his fans won't really be that bothered.
Honestly I’m so certain of this that I’m happy to be quoted. Come the end of the season we’ll be out of every competition and I suspect out of the top four too. We’ll also be fully backing Ole for another season and talking about progress.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think many of us feel the same way.

I believe Redcafe staff warned us all recently that 'excess negativity' about the manager would result in quality control warnings...
can't say I've seen that - and it amazes me

Houdini

Not for De Gea it could have been more and a complete humiliation at home.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Bare in mind that we threw the carling cup game against west ham for todays game.

:mad:

Roosney

I don't know how you spin it on Ole, every pass, shot, effort was a bit off, stupid or soft.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Thongs generally become stale in football, its why managers don't tend to stick around the same places for too long, it's why Fergie was such an anomaly, he kept things fresh by bringing in new faces, be it coaches or players with the added bonus of winning.

Ole as manager has simply just ran its course, without a single trophy.

He may well have made the atmosphere better from Mou, but there's only so much goodwill that will give you until you become part of the problem yourself.

Time for a fresh face.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Irrelevant to my response, it’s being implied Ole was a United legend because of one goal.

See this bollocks spouted by our own “fans” all the time.
He is a legend because he gave us a lot of good moments, with lots of goals. Doesn't mean he is a good manager.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
We are not a functional team and never look like one.

That's on manager and coaches

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can’t fault the boys. Just beaten by a better team. Fair play, fair play.
You say this but surely inside of you your piss is boiling. Defeated and outwitted by a team consisting of Ings and Mings. I can accept defeat but not like this. Even a draw would have been a horrible result.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So I got a mod warning for posting "time to go"... Absolutely ridiculous and surely again the spirit of the forum which should be to allow fans to vent their thought either positive or negative, nothing in my post was offensive.

So to add more to my thoughts in the hope of it being deemed as allowed.

Ole has to go. The tactical discipline of the squad is shocking, on Wednesday it was Lingard shooting in site, today Greenwood forgot how to pass, why aren't the players being berated for this!?

McFred in midfield, has never worked and every man and his dog know they aren't a title winning midfield, yet we continue to try nothing new. How one of them wasn't subbed was criminal.

We have no consistent pattern of play and after 3 years at the wheel things aren't getting better.

We now how the best squad we have had in a decade and it is being absolutely wasted with this manager and coaching setup. Who in the club is demanding success? Someone should be, if not because of our history then sheerly based on the investment made in the team.
Really. People say some of the posts are like RAWK. Maybe we are actually turning into that no criticism ever forum.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You say this but surely inside of you your piss is boiling. Defeated and outwitted by a team consisting of Ings and Mings. I can accept defeat but not like this. Even a draw would have been a horrible result.
I was laughing at the end tbf. At least they made me laugh.

LoneStar

Villa played their hearts out and came away the with a deserved win. You would think they are the ones playing at home.

I'm out of words to say at this point. We are not winning anything with Ole and his coaches. Some people on here were happy with us going out of the Carabao cup this week, it was our best chance of winning something.

Out of all the squads that haven't achieved anything, this one would be the worst, since it's such a talented one.

NK86

Honestly I’m so certain of this that I’m happy to be quoted. Come the end of the season we’ll be out of every competition and I suspect out of the top four too. We’ll also be fully backing Ole for another season and talking about progress.
Very possible that scenario. Still expect his fans to come out and spout nonsense defending him.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ole totally deserve this and really hope someone make the decision for him to go. Ole won't stop down, it is his dream job. All team knows how Utd plays, week in week out. McTominay and Fred protecting the back. Greenwood on the left will always want to score with his left. AWB doesn't put in a early cross. Pogba doesn't take on defenders. As long as team stay compact, there is always a chance to score for the counter and set pieces. Not rocket science to play Utd. Just get it over with and sack Ole. He isn't the man, he stabilise the team but that's all. We can sign 10 best players in the world, we will still this way under Ole.
Yes indeed.
We are so incredibly predictable. We the fans know it and the opposition know it. Beaten yet again by a very average team.
And that keeps happening.
Extremely poor.

OrcaFat

Even a draw would have been bad, yes. But it’s silly to pretend Villa are cannon fodder. They will finish top 8 and games against any of the top half teams are not gimmes at all, never were.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Nobody will be firing Ole anytime soon. Decisions at this club are only made when manager is mathematically out of top 4.

In any case, we have a problem at midfield, but we keep playing Mac-Fred and Pogba. Ole seems unable to bring in VDB, perhaps he doesn’t even know how to get the best of him. We ran out of substitutions today, and was the only reason we didn’t see Lindgard for Ronaldo today. Ole’s got the wheel, but he’s like a blind drunk driver at times.
Then we will miss top 4 (if we are lucky, we finish 4th) and kick out in group stages (Maybe last 16). Then find a replacement. Looks at Chelsea, they brought in Tuchel and they won the champion league. Ole has no idea to use squad, we need someone who knows.

NK86

So the loss is the refs fault according to Ole.
Wtf did he say? We didn't get the decisions our way? The corner obviously shouldn't have been given but we were awful throughout the game. Even without the goal, we still only get a point. How is he fecking defending any of that!

Becks00

Even if Ole where to be sacked, i hope he stays in place with the player recruitment process, he might not be able to coach but can identify the required player quality.

TrueRed79

The whole coaching ticket is a big, big problem in my opinion. None of them are proven to any degree. I feel like it's never going to be successful. Sorry but they all need to go. Today was pretty dreadful. Three defeats in four games. Not good enough.

Foritfied

I never want us to do anything but win. but we've now gone three years pretending a guy who wasn't up to it at Cardiff is good enough for the most famous club in the world
Hot take. WE haven't done anything as supporters but throw fits at the slightest wobble - hardly pretending he's not fit for the job.

I certainly get why Ole was hired and why he was kept on to manage a season without supporters. He'll get another half a season for me, maybe less. As I said in a previous post, our fixtures in Oct will be make or break IMO.

But if he comes out the better from those fixtures, he won't get nearly the credit for it as he does the vitriol for these losses.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I hated that McTominay for Cavani substitute when it was made.

Before the change, United were on top and had Villa largely in their own half, making a lot of good chances. We had control of the midfield and had a good period of pressure. We gave all that up by bringing another forward on and losing a midfielder. When you are behind and have nothing to lose, especially late on in a match, it can be justified, but too often managers sacrifice their control of the match and chance creation, in the false belief that more forwards means more goals. Villa’s manager was probably quite happy to see us give up control of the midfield and actually reduce the pressure on them.

Sometimes a manager needs to make a change to improve the chances of their team, other times they need to back their conviction that they’ve already set up the side correctly and that any move may make things worse, not better.

If Ole felt Cavani could help in the final third, he shouldn’t have sacrificed the midfield. United were in a good place before that change.

Banat

I have no words for that second half. Team with so much potential and we play like midtable team.
Ole is so out of depth it's ridiculous. I have no idea with whom, but we need to replace him, it's not a knee-jerk but he just can't take us forward, we rely solely on individual quality and there is no way we can challenge that way.
I'm not really fan of Zidane/Conte, rather we wait for next summer, but it has to be done eventually.
Greenwood, AWB, Bruno the only positives today.

Houdini

Ole Notrophy Solskjaer needs to go. :(I love him and he is a legend but we need to be ruthless now. No one is bigger than the club!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
For a professional football team to play a game like that... Can't get my head around it.

That was beyond bad. An absolute disgrace in almost every way.

Villa themselves were also shit, which made it even worse. The standard today at times wouldn't have been good enough for a League 2 game

MrSingh2002

Shame threads get deleted so quickly here.

A forum without freedom of speech isn't a forum.

Can we have an Ole IN or OUT thread? Or is this not a 1st world kinda forum?

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa