PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sat, 25 September 2021

Gordon S

How on earth is it possible that we became considerably worse after adding 3 top quality players in the summer? We seem more disjointed than ever.

HailtotheKing

As much as I’m pissed off and want Ole out, you’re an idiot mate.
How the feck can a genuine fan love it when his team misses a penalty? Mental.
I’m definitely not happy we missed the penalty but I understand the sentiment about it not papering over the cracks. I think that’s maybe what they were suggesting. Sometimes you need to take your medicine.

Woodzy

Nonsense from Ole in his post match interview. Always quick to find excuses.

siw2007

A really depressing afternoon compounded by two key injuries. Actually thought we created enough to win the match but when you don’t take your chances you are always liable to get the sucker punch. Fernandes is usually very reliable from the spot but it’s clear he felt immense pressure taking that one, I imagine Ronaldo will take the next one.

Unfortunately it is looking bad for Ole right now. 3 defeats in 4, back to back blanks with the most loaded front line in the country, only 1 clean sheet all season, on top of that, the performances of the team aren’t good enough right now. He has two big games now, that he’s got to win.

justsomebloke

For a professional football team to play a game like that... Can't get my head around it.

That was beyond bad. An absolute disgrace in almost every way.

Villa themselves were also shit, which made it even worse. The standard today at times wouldn't have been good enough for a League 2 game
That's just absurd.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
How on earth is it possible that we became considerably worse after adding 3 top quality players in the summer? We seem more disjointed than ever.
Team chemistry is suffering….ha ha

Gorse Hill Red

The writing was on the wall against Southampton, Wolves and Newcastle. This time we did not get away with it.
I honestly have seen no improvement in the last year even with the abundance and riches of talent present in the current squad.
This has to fall on Ole and the coaching staff involved.
A very angry fan today.

wolvored

I hated that McTominay for Cavani substitute when it was made.

Before the change, United were on top and had Villa largely in their own half, making a lot of good chances. We had control of the midfield and had a good period of pressure. We gave all that up by bringing another forward on and losing a midfielder. When you are behind and have nothing to lose, especially late on in a match, it can be justified, but too often managers sacrifice their control of the match and chance creation, in the false belief that more forwards means more goals. Villa’s manager was probably quite happy to see us give up control of the midfield and actually reduce the pressure on them.

Sometimes a manager needs to make a change to improve the chances of their team, other times they need to back their conviction that they’ve already set up the side correctly and that any move may make things worse, not better.

If Ole felt Cavani could help in the final third, he shouldn’t have sacrificed the midfield. United were in a good place before that change.
I must have watched a different game to you. We were never on top.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
I have no words for that second half. Team with so much potential and we play like midtable team.
Ole is so out of depth it's ridiculous. I have no idea with whom, but we need to replace him, it's not a knee-jerk but he just can't take us forward, we rely solely on individual quality and there is no way we can challenge that way.
I'm not really fan of Zidane/Conte, rather we wait for next summer, but it has to be done eventually.
Greenwood, AWB, Bruno the only positives today.
Bruno positive.. Greenwood.. Dear me, they both sucked balls. Completely useless. Greenwood had some shots at Villa defenders.. Congrats. There was NO positive from todays game. Just garbage.. yet again.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sir Alex knew what was about to happen that he flipped out his phone and started playing Angry Bird.

bonothom

4th place it is then. Be interesting to see if he can beat last seasons points total. 2 horse race again, City and Liverpool. Have a feeling the scousers will be on 20 titles at the end of this season.

NK86

Bullshit. It's not like we were under sustained pressure or were passing the ball around the back for 90 minutes. We had 15 shots and 3 big scoring chances in the first half alone. There was PLENTY reason to cheer the team on.
Fans should ALWAYS cheer the team on. However if you look at the efforts of some of our players and compare that to what the Villa players did, it definitely puts ours to shame. Think a lot of that is also poor coaching.

lex talionis

Finishing was poor, but the abysmal performance was about more than that. Our passing was too slow and there was little movement off the ball. We can’t be too hard on Greenwood for taking chances that weren’t always on. But the mind boggles as to how bad McFred were today. It’s not as though we literally have no other options in the squad.

Joseunited

Thongs generally become stale in football, its why managers don't tend to stick around the same places for too long, it's why Fergie was such an anomaly, he kept things fresh by bringing in new faces, be it coaches or players with the added bonus of winning.

Ole as manager has simply just ran its course, without a single trophy.

He may well have made the atmosphere better from Mou, but there's only so much goodwill that will give you until you become part of the problem yourself.

Time for a fresh face.
:lol:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Problem when you have a man manager in charge, he can only motivate so far before the actual football instruction is missed.

HailtotheKing

I don’t really know what Mcfred bring to the games. I guess Ole is sleeping on his job. Doesn't that deserve a sacking. Pogba shouldn't be playing, he always put in half a shift. McTominay, what does he bring? I will always take McGinn over McT anyday. What does Fred and AWB bring? After 3-4 years, we are still shit all over the pitch.
Sorry mate but if there was one player that didn’t deserve to lose on that pitch it was AWB. He’s been dodgy recently but he played well today. Ran well, passed well, was composed, played some great through balls. I thought his best game in a long long while. Agree with comments on McFred though. They have their uses but it’s not at home against Villa.

Dookingham United

What was the atmosphere like at Old Trafford today?
Is the matchday crowd letting Ole know that we have had enough of this utter crap?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
After watching the game today, I'm convinced that we brought the wrong Legend back.
Clearly should've got Macheda instead.

Houdini

We blamed Glazers fot not funding players. Now we have Sancho (who was suposed to be THE man), Varane and fecking Ronaldo and we play the same shite. This match had Moyes vibes.

GregM40

A lot of overreaction here IMO. Lots of sloppy passing today, over or under hit, that's on the players. Villa were very good today, we didn't have our shooting boots on, 28 shots and couldn't get one in, those days happen. Hardly Ole's fault that Bruno absolutely skied it.

Still think the game was crying out for Sancho, someone to carry the ball forward, as good as Greenwood was he looked tired for the last 15/20.

Trying to shoehorn Pogba into the team doesn't always work, and he doesn't do enough defensive work when asked to play in his actual position.

Reactions: Damien

evil_geko

Are we at the stage of the season already where "supporters" are willing the team to lose just so they can get in some random "world class" manager?

feck me. We played like shite but maybe you should go support someone else.
Nope, I shouldn't go support someone else, this has nothing to do with Ole, just good old justice. Tired of watching constant shit and us getting away with it.

Very strange :houllier:
Nothing strange, I just like that we get what we deserve, tired of getting points through lucky bullshit.

As much as I’m pissed off and want Ole out, you’re an idiot mate.
How the feck can a genuine fan love it when his team misses a penalty? Mental.
Nope, nothing mental about that idiot mate, I have nothing against Ole like many do, this isn't me hoping we lose every game so manager leave, I just like that we get what we deserve, tired of bullshit, cheerio.

Oh fantastic, the 'hope we lose' brigade are back out.
Oh fantastic, the "I will twist your words and meaning" brigade is out.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We have great players. We need a manager.
There's no-one really around right now I would want unless Poch gets sacked at PSG and even then he's not exactly set the world on fire lately. I'd rather keep Ole and bring in a decent DM given the choice.

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa