PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sat, 25 September 2021

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Pathetic performance. Our coaching staff still can't get us playing well against mid-table team after almost 3 seasons. Ole has taken us as far as he can. Need change of coaching personnel if we have to achieve anything.

NK86

Lost count of the number of times our players didn't even bother contesting for a ball near their penalty box. McGinn had all the time in the world to bring down a high header. Our players just stood by admiring him. Sack the coaching staff as they cannot get their players to even compete it feels.
2 losses in 2. A loss again mid-week cannot be ruled out. This is looking frickin awful.

Conor

Inappropriate Content
We might have the worst midfield in the league. Fred should be brought out back and shot.

Baneofthegame

Another dire game, AWB/Fred were awful, we didn’t really deserve anything from the game.

Thought their goal should of been disallowed due to Watkins on the keeper, but what do I know.

ShinjiNinja26

We ain’t seriously challenging for the title, simple as. I don’t fecking care if it’s only September, I’ve seen enough the last 2 seasons to know this one is going the same way. Played off the park at home by fecking Villa it’s a disgrace.

Andersons Dietician

Weird game, Aston Villa we’re good enough for their win even outplaying us for large portions. It’s the same old problem with us which a lot of fans and it seems the coaching staff refuse to see.

Greenwood started on fire and to be honest had a very involved game but suffering a bit of the Rashfords I felt as there were certainly times there was a better option than what he chose.

chiz2kul

Martinez shouting for Ronaldo to take the penalty was peak banter :lol:

mav_9me

We are going to be in a bitter race for the 4th spot if we keep Ole.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We know what must be done but we're not Chelsea.

Esquire

McFred for Aston Villa at home sigh and can we stop with Pogba on left experiment. It worked one game!!
Fred and McSauce were not that bad today. You see what you get with them and they offer nothing going forward. Pogba or DVB needs to play in the middle and Jadon needs to get settled fast. OGS doesn’t know how to play any other way.

MrSingh2002

We could have gone 3 points clear in the league if we had a reasonable manager.

Instead we throw away a game we could've easily won as he picked McFred at home and refused to admit he was wrong until 85mins into the game.

feck Ole.

I'd take any manager with a track record of success. Conte should be one in line.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This team of mentally weak children will never win the league.
Nevermind the likes of Fred who stink up the place.
Mentally weak children? It's full of serial winners, Euro 2020 finalists and some of the most decorated footballers of the generation.

That excuse when blaming everything on the players doesn't fly anymore pal, sorry.

Siorac

Here's the thing. This is pretty much our usual performance level. On another day, one of the shots go in or Greenwood takes a chance or one of those not-quite-perfect passes fall perfectly into someone's path.

But that's the issue. That way, way too many of our games are decided by the finest of margins. We cannot consistently impose ourselves on opponents so it's almost always a scrappy battle if we can't run riot on the break.

Villa deserved the win, overall. Not sure why Bruno didn't take the penalty in his usual way.

Bobski

Villa deserved to win, and Ole or whoever takes over is going to have to make tough choices about the balance and structure of the team.

Without Shaw, even off form, we struggled to get out, midfield was poor, no work-rate up front, too many players playing selfishly, especially Greenwood today. No issue with Bruno taking the pen, Ronaldo was as shit as everyone else and shouldn't just get something just because he is Ronaldo.

mufc90

While United didn't deserve anything. I'm a bit baffled how VAR didn't intervene in the goal... Surely Watkins was in an offside position and impeding De Gea. Didn’t Leicester have goals disallowed last week for a similar thing?

Oranges038

Shit game, shit performance, shit passing, shit movement, shit attitudes.

Can blame Ole for team selection, tactics, subs. That's all on him

For me, too many players lack basic technical ability and brains.

Leg-End

I like how Villa play, that's a very good tactically setup team where every player knows their role.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Cant defend that one today. Awful from everybody involved. We didn't know how to deal with Villa's movement. Deserved defeat

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
3 losses in 4. Against teams we have way better players than. I’m sorry but if Ole doesn’t win something this season he has to go, and we look like we have the same old problems.

It’s just the performances for me. Every game is a nightmare to watch.

ForeverRed1

Ole isn’t going anywhere. Sorry to break it to you. Not yet anyway.. until we mathematically can’t win the league or a cup.

ExoduS

Ole is done. I got nothing nice to say. So sad what we are witnessing. Buy the way, Ole has to go but nothing will get better. We are a cursed team since Fergie left. There is this cloud over our players where it seems most of the time our players can't do basic stuff right. The pressure on players and coaches is enormous and we just can't get characters right to be able to deal with it.

Even Bruno missed that penalty brutally badly. Did not even hit the target.

Pressure is enormous and we can't deal with it.

Rustyspider13

No excuse for that. Misplaced passes, lack of organized pressing, rushing everything in attack. Just bad all around. It felt like the players and the coaches knew thay had to win after crashing out of the cup and couldn't take the pressure. Extremely disappointed.

MonkeysMagic

Nothing to do with the coaching. Not Ole's fault two defenders got injured. Not Ole's fault Bruno missed a pen. Not Ole's fault they got a corner wrongly for their goal.

Just making sure I get the excuses in early. Any others?
You missed 'Ole needs time' I mean he has demonstrated in all his previous work he is top level coach and provided we spend another £350m we may be able to challenge for the title!

koop

Yet again Pogba in that useless LW/LAM role. Does nothing but give the ball away thinking hes prime Ronaldo at dribbling.
Mason legit playing with blindfold on and shoot only mode.
This team is a shambles without a world class CM/CDM.
Not even going to go into details about Fred.

Kopral Jono

Very, very sloppy performance especially in the second half and you could only blame the players to a certain extent. The buck stops with the manager.

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa