PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 March 2017

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
People are really frustrated with Zlatan, and rightly so, but I thought Pogba did worse. Not only did he miss his chances like Zlatan, but he was also responsible for losing possession time after time with inaccurate passes and unnecessary long balls. A lot of the wasted time towards the end of the match is down to him. I've noticed that he's tried to do too much rather than play smart football.
I like to see a video of Pogba in the game. A lot of people have mentioned him, but I don't recall much of anything with Pogba.

A couple of scrappy chances that he should have done better with and a few not much to talk about passes and a free kick won. But just meh, don't remember too many shocking moments.

DevilRed

Rather than Lingard, Young could have done a job.

Valencia looked injured btw.
Valencia can hold his head up high. His usual industrious self and actually put in a few decent balls before getting a knock.

The rest were terrible. No fluidity or ideas of how to break down a defence after 25 minutes. First 25 minutes was a clinic in how to fluff your lines.

Macern

Pee pee pants
We created plenty of chances to win this game, a penalty, countless in the box swings at the ball. How can you say we didn't create enough chances .... some people
That smiley was directed at the guy you replied to, not you.

Roboc7

This side is individually speaking cannot be compared to Bournemouth's. Any team we fielded today should have been able to deal with them. It's not a coincidence that we did the same to Burnley, Stoke, West Ham, Hull and goodness knows who else. We did not pick the wrong side on each of these games, surely you don't believe that? When something happens that often and this consistently, the problem is deeper a couple of wrong picks. My point is that it matters of course, but too little for it to be close to influential enough.
He did pick the wrong team today because we are too pedestrian with mata, zlatan and Rooney in the same side, those three should never start and when you do start them you are asking for trouble.

You put away these teams, pace, tempo and width we lack all three and that's we struggle and will finish sixth. Football isn't as simple as just saying any team we field should beat them, we have seen since SAF left we aren't that good and That result shouldn't surprise people, we wil draw more games like that this season, maybe even in our next home game against Watford.

marlowe78

Utter shit but hardly a surprise anymore. The squad played like it was in the London clubs all week to celebrate the cup win.

Ibrahimovic and Pogba were nothing short of disgraceful. Ibra squandered 2 solid chances in front of goal and then failed on the penalty. His mind was clearly out of it from the beginning and any other player would've been taken off after the first half, especially that he narrowly escaped a red card. And don't even get me started on Pogba. An absolute waste of money. He had 10 Bournemouth players around him and did absolutely nothing to impose himself on the game. For how much shit Rooney gets, he actually looked like he wanted to play instead of pose for Instagram.

So many other players looking below standard. Martial not able to complete a pass. Jones losing position against attackers and ultimately costing us points. Mata scurrying like a madman all over the pitch but ultimately having no end product. Carrick is one of the few who looked up for it and had an excellent game, why Jose took him off is beyond me.

I wasn't confident that we would get top 4 to begin with since our record against top clubs is poor but this really seals it for me. We are the best of the mid-table sides and are not going any farther this season. Better to pursue EL and FA Cup.

On my 10 scale, everyone gets 3.

Al-T

Dreadful crap. Hope Mourinho is right about us going to another level next season. All these draws against shite sides are boiling my piss.

wolvored

Views from this match. the positives: Shaw wasnt too bad and did a crunching tackle which may prove he is mentally ok.
negatives: where do I start? Ibra should of been subbed at half time. It was plain to see he wasnt at the races today. Jones being put straight back in the team. Pogba needs a game out, but who goes in his place?. Rooney shouldnt be starting a game. Martial is way off form. A couple of jinking runs first half and then nothing of note after. I can understand Fellaini to a point if were winning with 15 mins to go, but not to win a game. Ball especially 2nd half way too slow. No plan b (scintillating passing or dribbling with the ball)if the big boot up the pitch doesnt work. When we score (which was an instinctive action from Rojo from a bad shot, not a fantastic move) we then seem to drop intensity etc etc etc.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whenever we have a game like this..Mkhitaryan seems to be injured.

It's no excuse, but we are so much better with him. The chances we create are more clear. The ball moves faster.

I thought Mata was good with his use of the ball, but everyone's final ball was so off.

Zlatan and Pogba were not at it, and got worse after the incidents.

Martial was doing a grand job of beating his man, but final ball a bit off and then we stopped using the left. Rashers wasn't any better when he came on.

The Jones penalty was stupid.

Just the story of our season.

All in for the Europa.

Son Of Sam

The moment Rooney missed the first chance of the game with that shambolic header, I knew it was probably going to be one of those days. From then on, other strings of misses followed through.

Zlatan was guilty of about 3 good chances. Pogba ran the entire pitch only to finish very poorly(shot was too close to the goalie). Rojo scored but then the feckery in front of goal persisted.

There's no craft in the attack at all. Our wingers don't draw fouls in the area that matters and for a team will tall players, we take the shittiest corners in the league.

DevilRed

People are really frustrated with Zlatan, and rightly so, but I thought Pogba did worse. Not only did he miss his chances like Zlatan, but he was also responsible for losing possession time after time with inaccurate passes and unnecessary long balls. A lot of the wasted time towards the end of the match is down to him. I've noticed that he's tried to do too much rather than play smart football.
He needs to know when to play the hollywood ball and when to dribble the fecking ball down the middle and cause some havoc.

Poor from him today. Especially the miskick at the end. The boy needs to practice his scoring.

Snafu17

Anyone who ever used the following phrases can feck off forever: "It was on of those days", "Their keeper had a worldie/best games in years", "That was a brave performance by the opposition".

Bournemouth were shit. Boruc was not good. We were just pathetic. Absolute bottle job. I get that we were tired towards the end, but I just don't care. We should've won the game in the first twenty minutes, but we didn't because we were too lackluster. And after everything that has happened this season that is just inexcusable.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
First half was so entertaining.

It came of no surprise to me however that they had one attack in about half an hour and ended up with a goal. Happens time and time again and there's always excuses as to why that doesn't mean our defence is pretty shite, but this time it was solely down to the caf darling.

Zlatan may have cost us more than a single poor game, although the stamp on him deserves a big ban.

Very poor in the end, and proof that we aren't much better than 6th place when it comes to quality in the side, which is what I've been saying for a bit.

Shark

@NotShark
Well that was a jar of piss and having to see the tree stump lumber around the pitch in the 2nd half didn't help either. It's going to be a long trip back to Ireland..

Loon

:lol:
Never take a result for granted with this side. This one hurt more than the other frustrating draws because we were winning games when shite and top four was tantalisingly within reach.

Doubt they'll be many more opportunities. Still needs work.

Philadelphian

Also, when the feck are we going to get some proper wingers that can put in a cross and beat a man?

Mata keeps coming infield and crowding the middle.

Martial is hit and miss. Not to mention has no left foot to put in a cross and keeps cutting right predictably.
Almost too obvious how little we create from wide positions. I actually expect 2 new wingers next year.

NK86

He needs to know when to play the hollywood ball and when to dribble the fecking ball down the middle and cause some havoc.

Poor from him today. Especially the miskick at the end. The boy needs to practice his scoring.
I don't think he even tried to kick. Seemed like he was doing that thing to drag the ball away for a different angle but fecked it up. He should just stop fecking with his hair and concentrate on improving his shooting. As of now, I cannot see rhe value of the 90mil we paid for him. For that amount you want a game changer in tight games but he is just not looking like it currently.

Ferguson

Don't agree with that. We've come up with plenty of chances, although should have had more with some logical thinking, but our finishing has cost us...again.
Well, we'll have to disagree then. I didn't see enough concerted pressure at the end today or in our previous draws. We huff and puff, but the chances are just half chances.

Dinghy

We create loads of chances and play really well even if we don't score, then we make 2-3 subs, take off those who's been crucial for our build-up play and then we start to struggle. Rince and fecking repeat.

Heinzesight

Our finishing is utter wank, should have been out of sight after 20 minutes. Story of the season.

Be interesting to see how we play without Zlatan for a few games.

stu_1992

Can't believe we didn't win that after the start to the game that we had. Sadly the Mings/Zlatan incidents killed the game.

The second half was just an awful game of football. We were in control but didn't create any amazing chances in the second half, besides the penalty. I'm not too annoyed about the penalty because I think that's a good save.

The main problem was the players trying to push it too much. Not being smart enough. Pogba was shocking today, and got worse as the game went on.

Janson

We just don't have any experience from the wings, Martial, Rashford and Pogba in the centre aren't even close to where we need them to be. We can't keep relying on one player.

NK86

Keeper played well, we were not good enough with our chances
Might as well just record that and play it for our other remaining home games against fodder. He should shoulder massive blame for that.

Philadelphian

Fellaini sub was pointless really. If he wanted to do something drastic then bring on those two but leave carrick on to make it like 3 at the back and push Lingard and Valencia up the wings.
He can't not notice that giant mop on the bench. Reckon that's why Fellaini will never cut it.

red_john

A few people getting abit over excited on here. Calm down! Yes it was a terrible performance but it's not the end of top 4. The worrying thing is we have seen too many of these games at home against small teams. We got complacent at 1-0 as we have many times this season. This needs to stop!

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think Zlatan should take most of the responsibilities today, mostly because of him losing his head.

If course the poor performance as well like most of the team but that can happen. Off days happen here and there unfortunately how that might be.

Losing his temper which subsequently led to a huge drop on concentration from our lads is mostly on him. He's a leader and should be careful.

Yes he had a bad performance, that's understandable in my eyes but losing his head could have been avoidable.

We were in cruise control before the whole drama except that Jones penalty give away.

Timdbro

We could have been 3 up by 15 mins
That I agree with, but Bournemouth could have had several as well. It was incredibly open at either end in the beginning, I thought the defending was shocking.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 544 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 3:0 Bournemouth
  • 27% Man Utd 2:0 Bournemouth