PL D FA Premier League

Brentford 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 March 2024

Crimson King

Managing to score so late and then concede such a simple goal was truly pathetic.

We didn't even deserve the point though, so can't even really feel angry about it

James_42

Would rather see a youngster get given playing time over seeing AWB play again.

ken11

Glad they won't make the CL - because I don't want them to be utterly embarrassed again the group stages to show the world how they're even more shite than some tiny club who was a champ in a small European country.

BestRed

Total & utter embarrassment of a performance from what's supposed to be a United team, fecking laughing stock.

Siorac

On the one hand, a win would have been about as deserved as a Nobel Peace prize for Putin. Or ISIS.

On the other hand... how many times this season did we concede right after scoring? It feels like every second week. Dropping points after taking the lead in the 96th minute is fecking amateurish.

Irrational.

Absolutely disgusting. We are beyond a laughing stock and are lucky to get the draw. 3 or 4-1 to Brentford would’ve flattered us.

SB16

Might be an all-timer that performance. Genuinely can't remember being embarrassed to come away with a point this much before

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I felt embarrassed when we got the late winner. I felt pissed off when we conceded immediately after it.
I was literally just laughing. It's something out of a comedy play at this point.

hobbers

Worst manager and group of players we've had in the last decade by far.

Syphon Wallet

Absolutely dominated, we only showed a feint heartbeat in injury time.
Ive lost all faith in ten hag, this is a shit show.

stevoc

Disappointing result.

Embarrassing performance.

But at least we didn't get hammered, so that's progress I suppose.

Any faint hope of CL football next season pretty much gone now.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That must be the most undeserving point any PL team has collected for about 15 years or so. Feck me that was dreadful..

ohhrooney

We look like a championship side that has been recently promoted to Premier League.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Brentford equalising was less annoying to me than watching Ten Hag celebrating when we took the lead.

Jacko21

From cut-back goals to conceding shots for fun, it was a full house in United bingo tonight.

Bobski

Should have been 5/6-1 to Brentford, abysmal performance, abysmal set up.

Get rid.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d of hated to be there tonight. Feel for our fans. Watched us get dominated then when we do finally have something to celebrate we concede straight after

edgecutter

How Rashford, Bruno and McTominay continue to get a pass with this manager is baffling.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I think every one of us who watched that game would completely agree that Brentford deserved much more than a point. I actually feel bad for them.

We were comprehensively outplayed for 100 minutes. The sheer number of shots they had, the number of times they hit the post, the way they dominated us in our third. We had nothing.

PaulScholes99

How can we be this bad? Like, i get it if you have the odd bad performance, but we manage to make a relegation fighting Brentford look like prime Barcelona. And this is not even overexaggerating, it's just incredibly bad. Injuries might have been really bad this season, but it's not an excuse for such performances. I hope SJR realizes and doesn't have Southgate as answer.

Irishman

Wow. Players clearly don't care. Embarrassing performance from the whole team.

daveskimufc

I don't know who replaces him but this season has been so woeful that ETH has to go. Playing well once Vs Liverpool is not enough for him to stay, I'm not even overly confident of another fa cup final.

Someone who can organise a mf.
Just so awful

Heinzesight

Disgusted with that. The ease at which Brentford played out and were suddenly attacking our box was shameful. And we had the classic shit the bed once we score, classic Rashy and Fernandes and his decision making was horrendous. Brentford battered us. How many times did Onana launch it to Hojlund only to be outmuscled…you’d think after the 8th time of trying we might attempt another option. Braindead all over the pitch and the looks on the faces of the players and bench and staff was just glum throughout.

Mike Smalling

We're such a bad joke. How can these players train together for months and come out looking this disjointed.

I don't even really feel bad about missing out on Champions League, even if it was a slim hope to begin with. We don't belong there anyway, so what's the point?

Castia

Shocking

I know Bruno likes to play in the edge and regularly goes for the killer ball but feck me that was absolutely pathetic

I generally feel that has to be one of the biggest turnovers of possession from a single player in PL history id love to see the stats I reckon he lost it at least 20 times

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Brentford 1:2 Man Utd
  • 24% Brentford 1:3 Man Utd