PL L FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 04 May 2018

Mike Smalling

Can't believe I spent my Friday night watching that. I'm fuming. No cohesion, no desire, no concentration.

We have now been beating by all 3 promoted clubs. I wonder if any other team in the PL have achieved that this season?

RedNed77

Fair do’s to Brighton. We were shite, they played for it and secured their survival. Hard not to feel happy for them at least. Just wish I hadn’t spent my Friday night watching that utter shite.

Asger

Rashford and Martial needs to be loaned out, talented but not good enough as starters!

montpelier

Bit toothless to say the least, also Pogba wasn't briliant was he?

I think the naysayers have this one, :).

squidoo

Its quite obvious we have no natural width. So easy to defend.

maniwin

Another Jose masterclass. Showing everyone why Rashford and Martial do not start ahead of Sanchez and Lukaku.

Last edited by a moderator:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Fair play to Brighton. I'm glad they've confirmed their PL status and they definitely deserved the victory.

That said, we were fecking atrocious. Another one of those matches where we could have played another 4 hours and not looked like scoring.

There are far too many players I would love to be shipped out in this squad.

redom

Do they even enjoy playing football? they don't half make it look like a fecking chore most of the time.

Thiim

We are still at that point where you can play as shit as you want for as long as you want without any consequences. These players are so incredibly poor. Can't stand the sight of them anymore.

Member 85611

Gameplan non existent.
People blaming the players but the "tactics"(what tactics?!) were beyond s***.

It's B Rubble

Everyone standing around waiting for someone else to do the job. Embarassing.

McUnited

Sack Mourinho. Sell Pogba. (I didn't watch the game so don't know if Pogba played.) Maybe sell De Gea instead.

Bobski

We are having a great season, just look at the table and the results, forget the experience.

paulscholes18

Brighton had something to play for we didn’t and it showed like it normally does at this stage of the season

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Martial and Rashford either dont like each other or received orders to not play passes between them . This is not about the coach is about the attackers having no idea how to do a between lines pass.

Irrational.

Absolutely disgusted with the performance. That first half was utterly shambolic and you could even argue amateurish.

Cannot think of a single player bar DDG who comes out of this with any kind of credit.

Just get the FA Cup final out of the way (and I wouldn't even call us favourites) and this season can feck off. Watching City and Liverpool, and then seeing dogturd like this that we muster makes me sick.

I want to see Jamie Redknapp defend that from Rashford. Selfish, weak display. This is exactly why he cannot be trusted to start. He's still a kid. Martial, not good enough but did produce a spark or two and probably our best attacker. Mata - sell him already. Too slow, too weak.

Pogba I have no words for. He's all style and no substance. Fellaini reverted to type.

The sooner Darmian is shipped out the better.

None of the players who were given their chance covered themselves in glory. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We have a lot of players whose hype is better than their performances.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Players are already on holidays. Did not care. Just hoping to get a lucky goal and win. Would worry about these kind of performances for next season.

FA Cup final cannot come quicker. We will be fired up for that though.

stubie

Expect the same performance and result in the Cup Final with that spineless team and self centred arrogant manager in the dugout

Red Royal

Great Hatrick for Jose - Huddersfield, Newcastle and Brighton all deservedlybeat us as newly promoted clubs. Looked like a bunch of strangers in Red tonight. Season can't end soon enough for me.

Canagel

I couldn't care less at this point. I just feel numb. No anger. No frustration. Just resignation. Congratulations to Brighton. They deserved to win. I can't wait till this season is done. Don't even care about FA Cup Final either.
There are so many things wrong with us that it's difficult to explain. Really sad.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The league is over and it shows.
Crap game but who cares, hopefully we don't lose all form for the final though.

Turkleton

Crap performance but not really too different from the rest of the season.

pascell

Doesn't bode well for next season. Very sloppy in possession, Rashford had a stinker of a game and Martial was very poor in the 2nd half.

Red Stone

It's getting to the point where we have to seriously consider Mourinho's position at the club with the frequency of these utter turd performances against the so-called minnows of the league. We're never ever winning the league if he keeps allowing that sort of nonsense, and at the end of the day the responsibility lies with him. It's clear as day we spend no time whatsoever practicing attacking movement. Our players have no idea how to unlock a defence.

Safa Boy

Dear fecking God that was right down there with about twenty other terrible performances this season.

Shocking is to good a word to describe that.
Difficult to believe that we're actually second in the league. With a performance like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Awful performance like 75% of the performances under Mourinho. We create very little and when we do, it's usually through a mistake or an individual piece of brilliance. Not sure if we created a single thing today, lingards little chance the only one. Never through team patterns of play that we train for. No attacking style at show like always.

Mata, Darmian, Fellaini, Rojo, Blind and Shaw (who didn't do badly tbf) can't leave the club soon enough. Shaw unfortunately must be awful in training and with his mentality, because on the pitch he is usually alright. The rest are absolutely useless.

Then the likes of Smalling, Young, Valencia, lingard and pretty much all our attackers bar Lukaku and Sanchez shouldn't be anything more then squad players.

And then finally we'll need a new manager in a year or 2. Can't see Mourinho taking us further then what he has this season. He doesn't improve anyone from an individual standpoint, which is usually how you can point out manager impact.

siw2007

That was absolutely atrocious. The attitude and the football was diabolical right from the first whistle.

There isn’t really much to analyse apart from that Brighton gave their all, while we loafed around the pitch for 90min thinking we were entitled to the 3 points.

Martial and Rashford had shockers. Maybe it’s because they lack match time and confidence, I don’t know but I still expect better than that.

willhse456

I can't believe we're letting Fellaini push us around with his contract situation, he can piss off.

Lumping it up to him was never going to work against Dunk and Duffy, and he's dreadful at passing so what's the point.

If the plan was to rest Herrera than at least play McTominay instead and give him a chance to develop.

No other big team would give Fellaini this much leverage, and it's sickening.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 303 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 43% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Brighton 0:3 Man Utd