PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 September 2020

MattofManchester

That was a disaster of a match. Can't help but feel this season has something similar in mind.

Never have I felt so detached from this football club as I do at the moment.

ScarleyUtd

The way those Brighton players were acting around the penalty decision, I'm glad Bruno buried it. Whinging twots.

el3mel

Pen was 100% correct from what I have seen. The handball was made in the last second of the game before the ref ends the match, so it was still in play. Stonewall pen.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Can we swap Ole for Anceloti? Just sayin...

That was dire ffs

FattyFooty

What a ballistic result and some real luck there. Can't complain with 3 points. They all count.

The entire team looks so much out of the races. Only player with some credit is Bruno who delivered 3 moments of quality to win us the game.
Only player? Watch the game. Maguire was also involved with all 3 goals.

yamo123x

Total and utter daylight robbery.

Not sure what coaching is going on but so many things are wrong. Its glaringly obvious.

Love the club but dont enjoy watching our team anymore.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Shocking defensive performance from absolutely everybody. Have GOT to get some pace in there immediately. Matic gets a pass, he was the best of a very bad lot. I thought Pogba and Bruno gave us absolutely nothing for most of that match, That wonderful assist and the pen redeem Bruno somewhat of course. Martial looked like he hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months. In the plus side, 5 or 6 slick attacking passages, which is 5 or 6 more that last weekend. Rashford looked a lot sharper today. Brighton seriously impressive.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I’m struggling to figure out who was the worst on the pitch. Pogba and Shaw are right there, Bruno as well but he’s gets a pass for a nice pass and pen at least. I thought only Rashford and Greenwood looked sharp, with Martial trying to feed off scraps but not much coming off. It’s telling when your striker only touches the ball 7 times in a half how fecking bad your build up has been. Shocking performance, but I’ll take the 3 points and not think much of it.

Brophs

The One and Only
Lallana doing the Jonjo Shelvey finger jab at the ref at the final whistle properly made me laugh.

r0663664

Worships Man City
That's probably on AWB, or Bailly who I assume was supposed to communicate the change to AWB.

My assumption would have been that bringing Bailly on would allow AWB to stop coming central and stay on top of March.
I would think so. Guess what they score.

Woodzy

What did Ole say in the post match interview?
Said we didn't deserve it, lots to improve on but showed good character to come back after conceding twice.

Also I'm sure said something about if was Jose, he would be measuring those goalposts to make sure they weren't smaller after Brighto hit the post so many times.

Water Melon

Another horrific performance today. We do not look like a team, and Ole does not look like a manager. A loss against Spurs, and Poch can get a call from Woody whose cousin was MoTM today.

bsCallout

We should cut our losses with Pogba. No hard feelings but he’s just been such a nothing signing in the context of the fee and fanfare. We should not be thinking about giving him a pay rise.

AWB has never been and will never be anywhere near good enough. We paid £130m for him and Maguire which just beggars belief to be honest.
Pogba is one player we could actually get a decent fee for but like Lpool getting rid of Coutinho, we'll be better once he's gone.

KeanoMagicHat

That was probably the luckiest win I've seen in all my years watching United. Take your 3 points and run.

Need massive improvement in performance in the future but today was like playing with 10 men the way Pogba played. Although it isn't like it was miles better afterwards either.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We are the worst coached/drilled team in the league.

Quickly losing my patience with the current coaching set up.

Pogba was dreadful and I don't want to make excuses for him but Ole needs to find a system that gets the best out of Pogba's creativity or it's best Pogba leaves. Having said that, Pogba's attitude was shocking today.
He can't even claim we are fit, because we very obviously aren't.

Loon

:lol:
It's a FIFA thing.

Mbappe did a similar celebration last season after scoring and it is being implemented in the next iteration of the game as well. It's considered to be one of the most "toxic" in-game celebrations, too.

Maupay himself is a regular FIFA player and that's why he used it.
Ahh. I don't play FIFA, so I was not aware. Thank you.

Judas

Open to offers
Bruno has the moments that mean you kind of have to let him off looking under par, he still had so many crucial involvements. Pogba and Martial were shocking.

90 + 5min

Seem we are still in "pre-season"-mind. We all know it will take couple of weeks before our fitness level will be there.

However 3points. Armageddon army here should chill out a little bit.

Shaw, DeGea, Maguire and Matic can walk with heads high. Rest should think about what they were doing. Our front line was so bad and Greenwood/Rashford were nowhere to been seen defending wich made us pay.

Wayne's World

I'm not going to criticise in this thread but what I'm going to say is feck Brighton, giving it large all game and especially Maupay and that cheating bastard Connolly.

Hope we smash the bastards on Wednesday too

bsCallout

Bollocks. Bruno didn't bother to look behind. Regulation track your runner scenario.

Our CBs all had a player to cover at the cross and did it. Bruno ball watched and missed March.
Even on BT Joe Cole is saying AWB should be looking on his shoulder and he never does. It was AWBs man ALL GAME! And he never once got near him.

He got drawn in again and was nowhere near him.

keithsingleton

I don’t know any United fan that can look at that performance and think we are heading in the right direction. Against a better team, things would have gotten really ugly.
Absolutely, we look awful, no shape no commitment. Can't see any hope for us from what ive seen so far. us fans are in for another hard year unless we get a manager.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd