PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 September 2020

Untd55

We’re just massively undercooked - we looked gassed after 60 minutes.
Hopefully another week of intense work for the first team will see us in better shape next week.
What a mad game - but 3 much needed points.
Massive week for the club to get some more bodies in!
How do you explain the first 60 then?

People keep on saying we had no preseason. No team had a preseason; I don't know why people keep on mentioning this. It's a myth; a month's rest is plenty to not be exhausted.

We played two games (one friendly and one competitive), so it should have been enough to play better today. Brighton had two friendlies before Chelsea and were energetic.

Brighton last game - 26/07 - First game - 14/09 (48 days)
Manutd last game - 16/08 - First game - 19/09 (33 days)

Could it be we had not much less in terms of days off? Yes, it is; a month is plenty enough time.

Last edited:

wylodyka

It was like watching Arsenal vs. Bolton back in the day. De Gea did good when called upon is the only upside of the game.

Anyway, "It's 10 past 10. Most children are probably in bed. These boys are 4king penalty Giants!" :D:D Can't help but smile when this happens.

bsCallout

A populist viewpoint, but I'd disagree.
He got zero protection from Mason, and was the only player busting a gut to close down, in the last 10 minutes.
Watch it again.
He didnt bust a gut for a single thing. Including when they hit the cross bar and he casually jogged to near the player with Lindelof busting a gut to slide in and try to block.

He never busted a gut to get anywhere near his man which he left open all day long.

This isnt Mourinho football, he doesn't need Greenwood to help him out with his one job.

We have 6 defensive positions, Greenwood should stay up top.

If anything the player that should help hin out is Pogba but they were as awful as each other.

GiddyUp

The crazy thing about this match was you could reverse the whole thing with us hitting the upright and non penalties and Brighton with an o.g., beautiful goal and last second pen by a dumb handball and still say to yourself, "typical United".

bsCallout

People keep on saying we had no preseason. No team had a preseason; I don't know why people keep on mentioning this. It's a myth; a month's rest is plenty to not be exhausted.

Could it be we had not much less in terms of days off? Yes, it is; a month is plenty enough time. In fact, we are one of the only teams who actually had a friendly in preseason, so this is not an excuse.
To be fair, this doesnt take into account internationals which many of ours featured in whereas I suspect very few of theirs did.

el3mel

The crazy thing about this match was you could reverse the whole thing with us hitting the upright and non penalties and Brighton with an o.g., beautiful goal and last second pen by a dumb handball and still say to yourself, "typical United".
If this scenario happened to us I would have stopped watching football for weeks.

Thank feck it happened for the opposition.

Untd55

To be fair, this doesnt take into account internationals which many of ours featured in whereas I suspect very few of theirs did.
Fair enough, I actually forgot about those.

I still think a month should be plenty, though, to get over the effects of a season. Maybe a bit more tired, but I still think we should have recovered somewhat by now.

el3mel

Defeat Spurs next match at home and we can totally put the Palace loss behind our back. Today's match was really crucial for our season imo.

bsCallout

Fair enough, I actually forgot about those.

I still think a month should be plenty, though, to get over the effects of a season. Maybe a bit more tired, but I still think we should have recovered somewhat by now.
I think it is less about recovery and more about sharpness and cohesion. Comes from training regularly together for a while.

thesheriffjw

Today i saw a team who will be ripped apart by the top 4.
Its all well and good fbs going forward but that leaves the 2 CBs exposed.
Matic is too slow to cover and that defensive spine has no pace at all.
Utd need to defend from the front and martial will not do that. He is lazy.
Unless there is a big upturn in fitness and cohesion, i can only see the utd of the start and end of last season. Tired and unimaginative

abailey123

We played two games (one friendly and one competitive), so it should have been enough to play better today. Brighton had two friendlies before Chelsea and were energetic.

Could it be we had not much less in terms of days off? Yes, it is; a month is plenty enough time.
There’s been literally no off season. Before the palace game Ole had some of the lads in for like 3 days.
Liverpool has a full pre season tour of Austria.
It’s all about rehab - the Brighton lads would have had 3 weeks off and gently stepped up from there on in. We only started pre season as half of the lads were with their international teams.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't get this guy, first picking fights with arsenal's kids and now this. I remember he used to be highly rated once, had no idea he'd become so small time
why is he crying?

ChaddyP

All match the player pulling off to the right edge of our penalty area was completely unmarked. When they brought Bailly on I thought good now they can move over one and have cover at the back post but no every player was still drawn to the ball like a bunch of kids playing football and the guy on the edge of our box was still unmarked. .
It was crazy. Think we had about 7 players in a line for that goal and still Wan bissaka is to the left of the far post

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I thought going to 5 at the back would stop the switch/back post problem... nope....

Monkey bus

Today i saw a team who will be ripped apart by the top 4.
Its all well and good fbs going forward but that leaves the 2 CBs exposed.
Matic is too slow to cover and that defensive spine has no pace at all.
Utd need to defend from the front and martial will not do that. He is lazy.
Unless there is a big upturn in fitness and cohesion, i can only see the utd of the start and end of last season. Tired and unimaginative
I may be wrong but I think we’ll play better against top 4. We’ll be able to move the ball better and play to our strengths instead of coming up against rigid blocks that stifle our pace upfront. Can’t see us having many clean sheets this season though.

Skeezix

Today's match for me:

First 45 mins : I missed it completely as I had errands to run.
Half time : Reached home, had dinner.
45 - 70 : Frustrating watch, but watched it so intently. Rashford scores.. Yay! 2-1 to united C'mon!!!
70 onwards : Had to go to church as there is mass today. Family dictum. Missed out on the game again.
90+5 min : Checked my phone for the scoreline (sneakily) as the Pastor had just finished the sermon and mass was about to begin.

Scoreline 2-2 , almost screamed F*ck off! in the church

so, logged off phone. Calmed down, meditated a bit saying on my mind "I won't let this spoil my week" . Faked a smile.
Didn't check my phone again for the scoreline thinking the game ended this way feeling totally disappointed.

Now, checked my phone, that chrome page on my web browser with the scoreline refreshed itself. Happy Daysssss!!! Did not expect that last minute/seconds goal! :lol: :lol:
I thought the game ended in a draw and missed out on the win and celebration for almost 3 hours straight.

Might be a lucky win for us, performance might have been awful. But I'm so happy with that win. That dressing room must be so relieved too. It would have been such a shit mood if the game ended in a draw at 90+5'

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't get this guy, first picking fights with arsenal's kids and now this. I remember he used to be highly rated once, had no idea he'd become so small time
He's pretty decent now to be fair. Will probably get a bigger move away from Brighton if he has another good season.

I'll whisper this, but I'd take him as a back up striker, if only for the relentless shit-housery

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Today's match for me:

First 45 mins : I missed it completely as I had errands to run.
Half time : Reached home, had dinner.
45 - 70 : Frustrating watch, but watched it so intently. Rashford scores.. Yay! 2-1 to united C'mon!!!
70 onwards : Had to go to church as there is mass today. Family dictum. Missed out on the game again.
90+5 min : Checked my phone for the scoreline (sneakily) as the Pastor had just finished the sermon and mass was about to begin.

Scoreline 2-2 , almost screamed F*ck off! in the church

so, logged off phone. Calmed down, meditated a bit saying on my mind "I won't let this spoil my week" . Faked a smile.
Didn't check my phone again for the scoreline thinking the game ended this way feeling totally disappointed.

Now, checked my phone, that chrome page on my web browser with the scoreline refreshed itself. Happy Daysssss!!! Did not expect that last minute/seconds goal! :lol: :lol:
I thought the game ended in a draw and missed out on the win and celebration for almost 3 hours straight.

Might be a lucky win for us, performance might have been awful. But I'm so happy with that win. That dressing room must be so relieved too. It would have been such a shit mood if the game ended in a draw at 90+5'
That’s hilarious :lol: glad you got a nice surprise.

hmchan

If I were the Brighton players I would have left the pitch as soon as the final whistle goes.

big rons sovereign

A striker being offside once hardly counts for him to 'stop being offside' or 'more than once'.

You got found out for talking nonsense, so who's trolling?
It's one more than you claimed though eh, or does that not count.
I'm not gonna get into a row over it since the last cretin reported me.
Behave and grow up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still can’t believe we got away with 3 points there :lol: so many people turned off at 2-2 I bet they were very confused.

mu4c_20le

He's pretty decent now to be fair. Will probably get a bigger move away from Brighton if he has another good season.

I'll whisper this, but I'd take him as a back up striker, if only for the relentless shit-housery
I think that might be down to two things: big fish in a small pond, and Potter. I wouldn't say no either to a cut price deal if they go down, I'd take him over Ighalo.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd