PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Tue, 26 December 2017

Wayne's World

Our attacking play has really gone to shit lately. Rashford is in the worst form of his career, Lukaku is doing absolutely nothing and not even winning headers anymore

Micki should be sold aswell, finished with him and his constant giving the ball away

We need a huge clearout at this club

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Select from the list of excuses below:

1- If it was any other season we'd be #1
2- Not much Mou can do with these players
3- Shit referee

We always have some excuse on here.

Acquire Me

Jesse is our best player. He has the right mentality. For the rest of the bunch, its not much hope now at the moment. This is a team with no leaders.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Lukaku is providing assists to our opponent. He did it again today.
No excuses for today's performance.

PoTMS

Gutless, cowardly unintelligent squad of players. Some of you guys have deluded yourselves into thinking we’re not in the top four race and that top four is a sure thing. Well, we can throw all that out the window. How we won the Europa last year is anyone’s guess. Feck if we’re winning anything this season.

An Irish Red

Rashford was absolutely woeful and then Mkhitaryan somehow managed to match his awfulness. Lingard was great though, as was Mata and (to a lesser extent) Matic.

We deserved the win but we're always going to suffer when we are carrying passengers in attack.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Every time we put a shit cross in and every time there goalkeeper would catch it and then fall to the ground to waste time. So annoying when keepers do that.
Even more annoying that we continue down the same route putting those shit crosses in. Clearly not working, so why do we keep doing it?

Cloud7

Don’t worry lads, once Pogba comes back from injury/suspension the attacking football will start.

ash_86

Good come back but what rubbish defending was that? I expect not to see Rojo for a while

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Brain dead performances from most of the team today.

Pointless crossing against a team set up to just defend.

They have to be smarter than this and the current crop of attackers are not.

Lingard is the brightest spark we have, and thats not good enough.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Guys, but we’re a really good team. If you ignore how shit we play and look at our stats, we’re such a good team.

Mailo

How many crosses?

No cohesion, no patterns(except crosses) and no intricate passing game in and around the box.
This isn't the players fault, but the management.

Moyes would've been proud.

Andersons Dietician

Lingard FC. Boy just keeps popping up with goals. Wish some of our other players had his workrate.

Thought Young and Shaw were really good. Was good to see proper width and crosses coming in from Fullback position. We also played a lot better when Jose did a ‘F*%k this S*!t’ and threw the sink at it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not good enough, Rashford and Lukaku are dying to be dropped.
We need attackers in January, Lingard boss again though, take back everything I said about him.
Jose needs to sort it or he'll be gone.

Judas

Open to offers
Lingard proving his worth once again.

The sad thing is I never thought Lukaku would score and get us out of trouble, yet I always fancied Lingard to. That's pathetic from a striker who cost so much.

squidoo

Someone needs to explain to me why we have a 90m player playing centre back whilst Matic is being our creative player?
That 2nd half performance by Pogba was shameful. He just walked round the pitch.

Member 5225

Sick of this shit.

I can’t believe how much it’s cost to assemble this squad.

Logging off before I get myself banned.

Enjoy the inquest, gimps.
That's the scary part.
Seriously need to get rid of soo many players, as has been said on here over and over and over again...

Habs

Does Lukaku know what a nearpost run is? Constantly stands behind a wall of defenders every game and then moans when nobody passes the ball to him

Robindinho

Gap now 15 points if City win and we’ve let the others catch us. Gonna end up fighting for top 4 again now... pathetic

walkinhop

It's the players, it's the ref, it's the temperature, it's the pitch, it's the league, it's the owners, it's Fergie, it's the ball, it's a plane, it's SuperCross...keep em coming lads.

Hamadovich86

I am lost for words as to whats wrong with this team. Its two points lost for sure and with a City win tomorrow it'll be a 15 fecking point difference.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Gutless, cowardly unintelligent squad of players. How we won the Europa last year is anyone’s guess. Feck if we’re winning anything this season.
feck all gutless about that. we continually fought hard, but we didn't have a fecking clue around their box. Nothing gutless about it though.

Robbie Boy

Zlatan was horrible and Lingard really should have started. Terrible result but I'm delighted for Lingard.

fellaini's barber

We did all we could, but when your attack consists of Lingard(yes I know he scored) , Rashford, Mkhi, and this version of Lukaku there's not much that can happen

siw2007

Thank god for Jesse Lingard! Wasn’t the worst performance I’ve seen but it was still very subpar and a bad two points dropped.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Came back to salvage a draw at least. But shite performance. Predictably shite, given the lineup, but yeah. Rashford was awful, lukaku didn't do much, Rojo was trash. Individually young, lingard and Jones were good, Shaw, pogba, matic and Mata alright, Miki alright but a few shit moments, but there's no gameplan. Same shit as always. We aren't a good footballing side despite having good players. We just struggle to build up tempo with the ball, all we do is run around, try hard but lack the quality.

Ibra really can't cut it at this level anymore. No idea what the feck Mourinho see's at training to make him think otherwise.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Back to last season: drawing when we should win.

Our defending at set pieces is shocking. It’s getting exploited weekly now. Needs sorting ASAP.

The one plus point was Lingard. One of the few out there who kept his head.

redom

Got to do better, 4 points dropped against Leicester and Burnley isn't good enough, we need to find our attacking identity and get better at it, if we're going to rely on crosses then make sure we're a damn site more dangerous from them than we are.

Hasawi Red

Relax guys we are 2nd you know .... pathetic performance from United and the ref as well.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
We are supposed to be doing the chasing.

Shout-out to Lingard and Shaw.

Can't fault the team"s effort in the second half, but I have to question Jose when all we can do is cross and cross.

Hopefully this gets rectified in the summer.

Raw

Gap now 15 points if City win and we’ve let the others catch us. Gonna end up fighting for top 4 again now... pathetic
It's pretty annoying. Now City have a lovely cushion so they can focus on the other competitions, they've got a very good chance of winning at least 2 trophies and going pretty far in the CL.

Man of the Match

Jesse Lingard image Jesse Lingard 87% of 600 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw