FA W FA Cup 5th Round

Chelsea 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 18 February 2019

Andersons Dietician

That was a great performance and everyone put in a shift and did a job with a few stand outs thrown in. Herrera, Smalling, Pogba, Lindelof. Even Sanchez when he came on out in a shift.

RedDevilUnited369

Ole and the management team got a reaction.

BIG plus points for Ole tonight.

I’m not sold, yet...

DeGea

Love how Herrera is supporting Sanchez. I think Sanchez lacks confidence and is trying very hard. It is heartening to see how Herrera is supporting him.

Get In Scholesy

I can't believe we got a win at the Stamford Bridge, still waiting for a refereeing decision to give them a result.

One of the main take aways for me was Ole's faith in the squad. Keeping Matic on the pitch when he was flirting to be sent off, playing Andres after the poor performance vs Burnley in an important match away from home, in a place where we have a history of poor results. Keeping Romero in goal as well, when he could have easily chose De Gea.

I really enjoyed the result and performance more than anything, but Ole's man management deserves a shout here as well.

reddevil80

WHAT A GAME!!!!!

Get on.

Not one bad player in red, game plan perfect gorgeous goals, clean sheet, quarters of the FA cup.

Next.... Scousers beware!!

Coops73

Great performance, Herrera was excellent, absolutely everywhere, my MOTM by far. Great response after PSG too.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Seventh away win in a row.

Very good professional performance from the whole team.
Two brilliant crosses for the goals.
Excellent defensive work, the last shot Chelsea had on target was in the 11th minute.

Total control.
Herrera , Pogba and the two CBs great performances but no-one played poorly.

Now beaten the three top London sides away. Fans were excellent too, could hear them all match.

Andy Hill

Superb tonight. Looked totally assured throughout the second half. Hopefully this is the ideal prep for Sunday. Pogba smiling every time he was on camera, clearly enjoying every minute.

lysglimt

Scout
Lindelöf, Pogba, Herrera, Rashford all excellent. Different gravy. Herrera my MOTM. Make him captain.

Mata, Smalling were also very impressive. Cracking block from Shaw and he paid the price.

10/10 for Ole tonight. The diamond was brilliant, I had hoped to see it second half against PSG. Tactically perfect tonight.

Nah 9 for Ole - he got it wrong from the start but once we moved Pogba and Lukaku further down to stop their fullbacks, it was total control

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Herrera was outstanding. Glad he got motm around here. Wolves will be tricky

Walters_19_MuFc

Perfect performance.

Basically a repeat of the Arsenal and Spurs game, except you can tell we've been working on our defensive shape more, as Chelsea didnt really trouble us much.

Sat back, soaked up the pressure and hit them on the counter. Two superb goals. Super game!

meamth

I'm more intrigued by the away fans. I wish I can join and feel it once in my life.

siw2007

Great performance. We rarely win against Chelsea away so it was a sweet win. Pogba and Herrera were amazing, so was Smalling, Lindelof and Rashford. Matic a little lucky to stay on but felt Hazard dived for first one and Matic got ball for 2nd so maybe evened out.

Annoyed we pulled another strong premier league side away but maybe it’s best that way as we are doing well in these games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We were quality all over the park today. It’s a long time since I’ve been properly happy with a defensive performance and not had to excuse a stupid mistake or something.

Irrational.

This was our best performance of the season. We were rarely troubled and looked great on the counter.

Chelsea were clueless and Sarri’s stubbonness is killing them. I’m getting LVG vibes - but at least LVG won the FA Cup. :D

Let’s steal N’Golo Kante, run your contract down lad!

hobbers

Herrera was amazing. Give that boy a new contract, and the fecking armband.

Pogba and Rashford were fantastic as well. Lindelof and Smalling didn't put a foot wrong.

Great game.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If Pogba hadn’t got that red last week, tonight’s performance would have given me hope that this team can go to Paris and get a result like this.

Chelsea looked bad by the end and lost the will to fight but that’s because we did to them what PSG did to us.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
That was a fantastic away performance, fair play to Ole and his staff. Pogba, Rashford, the entire defence were great but Ander Herrera was a level above everyone on that pitch tonight. What a performance! Get him signed up Woody, he's been great since Ole took over.

RedIan

Superb to a man, 7, 8,s and 9,s all over the pitch, they wanted it badly and it was great come back after the PSG loss.

Herrara was awesome, pogba superb, Rashford, mata, smalling - all superb.

And the away support fanatstic once again.
Wolves away could be the toughest of the lot but prefer that to city at this stage.

haram

2 contrasting halves, played well in both. As Herrera said we could have kept it better in the second half but the defending was brilliant. Great away performance.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This was our best performance of the season. We were rarely troubled and looked great on the counter.

Chelsea were clueless and Sarri’s stubbonness is killing them. I’m getting LVG vibes - but at least LVG won the FA Cup. :D

Let’s steal N’Golo Kante, run your contract down lad!
:devil:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Love how Herrera is supporting Sanchez. I think Sanchez lacks confidence and is trying very hard. It is heartening to see how Herrera is supporting him.
He is a really good teammate. I heard him say that and it was lovely to hear.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Shows how good we were tonight because I didn't think Chelsea played that badly?

RedMilo

Wow, didn't fancy us before the game, but that was a brilliant performance. We need to transit that away performance to Old Trafford and we'll be feared once again. Ander Herrera fantastic, how Pogba got MOTM ahead of him don't know what Keown was thinking, Herrera covered every blade of grass tonight total midfield performance. Looking forward to Liverpool on Sunday, hope the home fans get their arse in gear, I will there trying to drum up the support...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Shows how good we were tonight because I didn't think Chelsea played that badly?
They play one tactic the whole time. Sarri has never adapted by changing tactics and makes it easy if teams counter

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Great performance. Ander was my MOTM although so many stepped up. The defence is starting to look solid and working as a unit. The same result on Sunday and I'll be over the moon (and probably off work on Monday). :)

Reactions: Akshay

One of the best team performances we've had since Ferguson.

Lindelof, Pogba and Herrera in particular were outstanding.

The only blot remains, Lukaku was miles off the pace.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s being utterly wasted at Chelsea and must be very frustrated. With Matic on the wane, you know it makes sense to replace an ex-Chelsea midfielder for another one. :D

Definitely within the realms of possibility. And he’s good mates with Agent P.
Did you see the chat he was having with Pogba after? Beaming smiles on both their faces

Irwin99

Was really dreading this game but we completely nullified them. Every single player had a great game and now I'm feeling way more optimistic about facing the Scousers, even without Martial and Lingard.

It's really annoying that we're doing all the hardwork to get to the cup final and City are just cruising there with their easy draws. Jammy gits!

Handré1990

This! It’s what he wanted to talk about after that game, how Sanchez is class and woks his socks off, and even praised Pereira and McTominay.

Bola

Very good indeed. The stats tell completely the wrong story about which team was in charge

Could be sarrinara after that defeat. Strange sub with bringing Zappacosta on

AngliaRed

They need to give Ole the job.

No other manager in world football today understand Manchester United, the traditions, the heritage, what this club stands for.

Why pay 50-60million and risk anybody else, when Ole is doing this? Pep, Zidane, Blanc, Klopp or anybody else would of done to United what Ole has done.

Mic drop!

Chresta

Nah 9 for Ole - he got it wrong from the start but once we moved Pogba and Lukaku further down to stop their fullbacks, it was total control
This... This is actually what makes it 10/10... The ability to make brilliant adjustments that work for the team.

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 66% of 815 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw