FA W FA Cup 5th Round

Chelsea 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 18 February 2019

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Oh that was tremendous. So much to enjoy. Amazing unity of purpose from everyone. Even Alexis delivered a ferocious cameo. God bless them all.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Love listening to Ander, be was reeling off every single thing that happened in that game. He will make a fantastic manager.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Brilliant reaction to the PSG game. Proud of the lads tonight, fantastic.
Taken from the Match thread but says it all for me. Reminds me of the Sir Alex days where we'd lose a game and I'd think to myself "whoever we have up next is fecked".

Canagel

Comfortable win really. Big games are all about the individual battles and we won all the main battles. Their striker and midfield did pretty much nothing.

Three London clubs ticked off the list.

Now let's take down the neighbours and the enemy.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Perfect result, proud of every single player. Best performance I’ve see at the Bridge for years. Also great to see how well prepared the coaching team were, great tactical planning. They knew exactly which buttons to push.

:devil:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Masterful performance. But of course, a team managed by Ole will never get the credit it deserves. Shit, how this nonsense frustrates me.

Ander Herrera is a little bit like Ole in that regard. Can never get the full amount of credit he actually deserves. That little dude is a monster of player. fecking brilliant! Give him the captaincy.
That would be great. It would mean so much to him.

meamth

Great performance. We rarely win against Chelsea away so it was a sweet win. Pogba and Herrera were amazing, so was Smalling, Lindelof and Rashford. Matic a little lucky to stay on but felt Hazard dived for first one and Matic got ball for 2nd so maybe evened out.

Annoyed we pulled another strong premier league side away but maybe it’s best that way as we are doing well in these games.
How was Matic lucky? the foul against Hazard was called in by the VAR as a false call.

When he made the 2nd challenge which is the correct foul, that was the 2nd warning. He stayed on the game without another foul.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Love how Herrera is supporting Sanchez. I think Sanchez lacks confidence and is trying very hard. It is heartening to see how Herrera is supporting him.
Saw that too, really good to see!

lex talionis

Sensational. Chelsea had plenty of ball, but no spine.

The deserving winner walked off the pitch confident in our ability to beat anyone in the league right now.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I've been watching United for over 50 years and that performance was right up there with the best of them. Tactical masterclass from OGS. Aggression, focus, skill and the will to win demonstrated by all the players. Pogba got man of the match but for me that plaudit should have gone to Herrera. It was a stunning contribution from him. He has all the attributes to be captain in my view. On cloud 9 tonight and looking forward to the scousers.
All of the above.

(P.S. 11 posts in two years! You're like a Matic well timed tackle.... rarely seen? :))

Ban

Love that little huddle at the end. Confidence and chemistry inside our locking room is sky high right now.

Shiva87

Masterful performance. But of course, a team managed by Ole will never get the credit it deserves. Shit, how this nonsense frustrates me.

Ander Herrera is a little bit like Ole in that regard. Can never get the full amount of credit he actually deserves. That little dude is a monster of player. fecking brilliant! Give him the captaincy.
That was undoubtedly our best performance under Ole yet. The Arsenal game comes a close second.

Herrera just knows when to press and when to stay back, when to attack and when to defend. He is getting better with each game he is playing. Hopefully he keeps us this form.

Flying_Heckfish

Fantastic performance. Herrera MoM. Defensively sound without parking the bus and the outball to Rashford was always on.

Mata at 10 was brilliant from the tactical PoV but he also showed his creative ability in there that we just haven't seen for so long. Perfect game to play him there.

Lukaku was the only let down, he really needs to make more of his size or completely shred over summer.

If we carry on like this we'll have four real contenders for our player of the season in Rash, Pogba, De Gea and Lindelöf which is amazing.

Jacob

I don't know why but I feel more confident with Romero in goal.

Has he ever conceded a goal?

crossy1686

career ending
That result was just the tonic we needed after the PSG game. Any minor doubts I had about Solskjaer are completely gone. We must do absolutely everything we can to keep this collection of staff together at the start of next season.

Back him in the summer and lest see what he can do.

Love it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That was undoubtedly our best performance under Ole yet. The Arsenal game comes a close second.

Herrera just knows when to press and when to stay back, when to attack and when to defend. He is getting better with each game he is playing. Hopefully he keeps us this form.
Tougher than Arsenal.

They basically don't defend but Chelsea have a tougher back 4. Arsenal are brittle throughout but Chelsea have a match winner in Hazard so this was a better win

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Nuff said

dogwithabone

This is Herrera’s best ever form for us. He doesn’t get anything like enough credit, apart from Pogba there isn’t a better midfielder in the PL right now - and, yes, I’m including Fernandinho.

Red_Aaron

The improvement in our defending is now reaching the level of the improvement seen in our attacking.

We've hung on against spurs, arsenal and Chelsea under Ole but each one was more comfortable than the last. I wasn't worried at all in that second half, we looked composed and focused throughout, only hazard (one of the worlds very best players) caused any problems and he ran out of steam late on having had no openings against us

We march on, the big one is on Sunday, fckin bring it on

The Real Treble 99

MOTM was Herrera by a mile. He put in a match winning shift. I thought we were brilliant 1st half & the goals were worthy of the badge too.
2nd half we were good but our defence were brilliant. Smalling had G.H in his pocket & had a good game along with the others. Can’t fault anyone TBH but Lukaku does not fit in our team ATM.
Only thing I would be critical about is our management should’ve taken off Matic. Because quite clearly he was 1 bad tackle away from a sending off. If so we could’ve been in deep trouble.
Thankfully the team was very professional in how they played & looked like they executed some kind of game plan brilliantly. Anyway a fantastic result & even with the away draw to Wolves in the next round, I can see us being in the Final as long as we don’t come up against City but then anything can happen.

Pennywise

A brilliant performance. The tactics from Ole were spot on.

Monster performance from Herrera. Pogba is incredible. We've got United back.

Bring on Liverpool

Reactions: SteveJ

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Absolute perfection tonight, controlled the game, tactics spot on,
The appetite and desire the players have is unbelievable and is owed to Ole.
Great stuff.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
MOTM was Herrera by a mile. He put in a match winning shift. I thought we were brilliant 1st half & the goals were worthy of the badge too.
2nd half we were good but our defence were brilliant. Smalling had G.H in his pocket & had a good game along with the others. Can’t fault anyone TBH but Lukaku does not fit in our team ATM.
Only thing I would be critical about is our management should’ve taken off Matic. Because quite clearly he was 1 bad tackle away from a sending off. If so we could’ve been in deep trouble.
Thankfully the team was very professional in how they played & looked like they executed some kind of game plan brilliantly. Anyway a fantastic result & even with the away draw to Wolves in the next round, I can see us being in the Final as long as we don’t come up against City but then anything can happen.
Well said on Ander. PP was excellent too, surprised the vote is not closer

tony54

That was the best midfield performance from Herrera since Keane in Turin or the days of Robson.''

Yes, I agree Herrera's game was equal to Keanos by any standard. We have a remarkable player with fantastic leadership skills. Maybe when Young retires he may geti the arm band.

Bobski

Great team effort, wonderful response. I think they knew they let themselves down against PSG and wanted to make a point.

minoo-utd

Herrera playing like he plays for his life for the team and the manager. He never seemed even with the previous managers like he dosen't care or so. He always gives his best and been magnificent at it. Give him the contract he deserves and the captaincy.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
First win at the Bridge since Fergie. Ole has a habit of doing stuff like that. First Manager of The Month, etc etc.

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 66% of 815 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw