g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

VJ1762

I am so close to breaking right now. It was the same shit when we went to the bridge with LVG on 2016 when costa netted the equalizer at the death. And now this.

I actually predicted 2-2 for the game when I normally don't do predictions. And I hate so much that it has come true.

vidic blood & sand

We were really sloppy with our passing in the first half, and a little bit in the second. Lukaku moves like a nazi sub. I'd like to see Sanchez upfront with Rashford and Martial each side of him. The movement would be exceptional.

Canagel

Sometimes you have to recognize we aren't playing against amateurs. We were playing against a very good opponent. Do you reckon people ought to have a go at Sarri because he allowed an 8th place team to dominate his side in the 2nd half at home? When the opposing side has top class players you gotta show them respect, our game plan was pretty good which was undone by set pieces and long balls into the box, our unfortunate Achilles heels.
I totally respect that and the game does have different stages where a team looks stronger in one period and another team in the next period but it happens too many times with us. We just need to be more consistent. Chelsea are overrated imo. I definitely thought we should've been more stronger in exploiting the weaknesses of their backline but we were too deep. Second half we pressed higher and they started panicking. The game will come to you once you have a team on the ropes but they were too safe in the first half.

Virgil

Mourinho has already bought these players?
So the scouting staff and the manager have made some poor purchases. At least he has realised it. Thats why he asked for further replacements. Now if you don't believe a manager should make bad purchasing decisions then there ain't a manager out there (including SAF) that should ever hold the position. If its simply a case that someone other than the manager should make the decision on who to buy then give the job full time to Woodward or a DOF

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You consider Lukaku, Sanchez and Mikhi to be decent buys. What the fudge?
What is flop for you? I don't get it. Mikhi was our best player in Europa league. Trophy and CL spot because of him. Lukaku is scoring goals in these two seasons.
Only Alexis (so far) is maybe flop.

reddaz71

Not sure what the chelsea fans" beef with Mourinho is? can you imagine Utd fans being like that with Ferguson,outrageous!

Anyway,back on topic,where on this planet did the ref get SIX minutes from???

You can see why Mourinho wanted at least a defender in the summer,Lindelof is pretty much out of his depth,thats a poor signing whichever way you look at it,dread to think what damage Juventus could do to this defence on tuesday night!

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Similarly why give him credit for the draw, largely the result of the form of a player (Martial) he badly wants to get rid of.
So he gets shit on for playing players based on form and when he plays players based on who he prefers.

God, the reasons people can come up with to shit Jose are seriously ridiculous.

His job is to pick the players that give us the best chances of winning, not fecking pamper them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Didn’t create anything? I know stats are pointless but out of those 21 (Yup 21 shots!) We had Morata closes to 1-1, Luiz missing inches from FK, De Gea saving smartly from Kante and few decent chances. Admittedly Man Utd looked dangerous on counter and shaded the match but to say Chelsea created nothing is not accurate at all. And yup we did create two goals. Man Utd din score those for us.
Read posts better. I was talking about the period AFTER we made subs and defended

Patrick08

Just knew it we are going to blow away this lead and never go for 3rd goal. It's stamford bridge

Dr. StrangeHate

What is flop for you? I don't get it. Mikhi was our best player in Europa league. Trophy and CL spot because of him. Lukaku is scoring goals in these two seasons.
Only Alexis (so far) is maybe flop.
If Mikhi wasn't a flop, why was he sold by the club. Lukaku is the biggest reason for our shit performances this season. He can't finish, can't control the ball, can't win headers, can't bring others into play, can't fashion a chance by himself. We have rarely had such a limited striker. I considered Hernandez to be a waste but he was Pele compared to Lukaku. Not only is Lukaku shit right now, there doesnt seem to be any decent cieling to him. On top of that we can't even sell him due to his salary and price tag.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If Fergie got the sack after 3 titles and then went on to manage Arsenal, it would be a reasonable comparison.
Do you consider us to be rivals? I honestly don’t think United fans give Chelsea a second thought unless we play you.

You treat your most successful ever manager like a sack of shit.

Class.

Red_Aaron

Only just finished watching.
Once lukaku actually started trying we looked very good
There's a lot to be positive about but just absolutely gutted by the equaliser
Bullshit reffing at the bridge does us again
6 fckin minutes

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If Mikhi wasn't a flop, why was he sold by the club. Lukaku is the biggest reason for our shit performances this season. He can't finish, can't control the ball, can't win headers, can't bring others into play, can't fashion a chance by himself. We have rarely had such a limited striker. I considered Hernandez to be a waste but he was Pele compared to Lukaku. Not only is Lukaku shit right now, there doesnt seem to be any decent cieling to him. On top of that we can't even sell him due to his salary and price tag.
Think Lukaku is limited, but he also goes through these dry spells. Other teams when that happens someone else picks up the slack. Maybe Martial coming into some sort of form is a blessing.

UnitedChampionsAgain

We've been a sucker for high balls for far too long. So many guys around 6ft 3 in the side but can't defend a high one. Chelsea hadn't scored from over 50 corners this season then we come along and hand it to them. If it hadn't been Luiz in the end it would have been, Giroud, Rudiger, any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. StrangeHate

So he gets shit on for playing players based on form and when he plays players based on who he prefers.

God, the reasons people can come up with to shit Jose are seriously ridiculous.

His job is to pick the players that give us the best chances of winning, not fecking pamper them.
If we can't blame Jose for individual defensive mistakes why give him credit for individual match saving performances.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Do you consider us to be rivals? I honestly don’t think United fans give Chelsea a second thought unless we play you.

Class.
I consider you rivals as much as you do Arsenal (which I why I used them as an example and not Liverpool, Leeds or Man City). You're obviously not top of the list but you're on it.

I don't treat Jose like a sack of shit, at all. I'll not take any responsiblity at all for what other Chelsea fan do.

Whether or not that feeling is mutual is irrelevant.

DomesticTadpole

Class.
I don't count any London club as a rival. City, Liverpool and Leeds are our rivals.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I consider you rivals as much as you do Arsenal (which I why I used them as an example and not Liverpool, Leeds or Man City). You're obviously not top of the list but you're on it.

I don't treat Jose like a sack of shit, at all. I'll not take any responsiblity at all for what other Chelsea fan do.

Whether or not that feeling is mutual is irrelevant.
I don’t consider Arsenal to be a rival. They haven’t been relevant for about ten years. Prior to that there was a big hatred.

That said, even when we used to go toe to toe with Chelsea, I don’t think there was any real antipathy which is why I don’t think United give you lot a second thought unless we are playing.

It’s nice that you extend a decent amount of respect to a Chelsea legend, but a shame that thousands at your ground today and previous times haven’t.

EwanI Ted

Sigh. Hard to know what to make of that. Clearly an improvement on some of the dross we’ve seen this season and the players made a fight of it when they could have sunk after half time, so credit is due there. We saw a bit of what we’re capable of.

On the other hand we still have the kind of inconsistent, patchy look about us that you’d expect to see of a team with a manager in his first season, not one in his third season. Good attacking play is sporadic and fitful, and the defence is going backwards if anything. We can have good spells but really good teams do all the basics well even when they’re not on top, and we definitely lack that.

Is it wrong to think Mou should be much closer to the finished article after two and a bit seasons? Coz I kinda feel like he should. While today shows that the looming crisis round the club pre Newcastle has certainly gone, I still don’t feel like we’re equipped to hit the top 4 this season.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I totally respect that and the game does have different stages where a team looks stronger in one period and another team in the next period but it happens too many times with us. We just need to be more consistent. Chelsea are overrated imo. I definitely thought we should've been more stronger in exploiting the weaknesses of their backline but we were too deep. Second half we pressed higher and they started panicking. The game will come to you once you have a team on the ropes but they were too safe in the first half.
On this I agree. But I'm seeing positive signs in the last 2 games. The players are fighting, the manager is fighting. There is still life in this group under Jose.

People make such a big fuss about the points gap at the top and yes it'll be 9 points after today. But there's still 29 friggin games to go. We still have to play City and Pool twice and we've already shown last season we can beat them. There's a long long way to go this season and I'm not counting us out just yet, especially after a promising performance like we saw today.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Fact. If board bought Jose defender or two, we would be at top. We are losing points because defenders making mistakes
If you honestly believe United would be 1st with 15 goals after 9 games, I have some beachfront property in Nigeria to sell you.

Motorman

Tough to take and extremely gutting the manner of it.

But.....

Now ive calmed down a bit, silver linings and all that.

We showed some heart. Second match in a row.

The lads showed some passion and will to win.

For me, that means something. Come on lads, keep it up

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we can't blame Jose for individual defensive mistakes why give him credit for individual match saving performances.
Can we not blame Jose for signing Mourinho, but also praise him for doing good work this season with Martial and Shaw? Its impossible to assess the man fairly otherwise.

DomesticTadpole

Tough to take and extremely gutting the manner of it.

But.....

Now ive calmed down a bit, silver linings and all that.

We showed some heart. Second match in a row.

The lads showed some passion and will to win.

For me, that means something. Come on lads, keep it up
People who are moaning about Jose's behaviour. I would rather have him in a fighting mood, than sullen. I want him to have that fire in his belly again.

Canagel

On this I agree. But I'm seeing positive signs in the last 2 games. The players are fighting, the manager is fighting. There is still life in this group under Jose.

People make such a big fuss about the points gap at the top and yes it'll be 9 points after today. But there's still 29 friggin games to go. We still have to play City and Pool twice and we've already shown last season we can beat them. There's a long long way to go this season and I'm not counting us out just yet, especially after a promising performance like we saw today.
Absolutely. There is definitely life in the team and if we can play this football every game we will climb up the table slowly. There's nothing to be afraid of. We need to find some solutions defensively though because we concede too many goals atm.

Last edited:

SCJY

Shit defending cost us again. Unreal. Disgusting. We’re a terrible, terrible mess at the back.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hazard, Kanté, Jorginho, Willian, Kovacic, Alonso, Azpilicueta and probably Pedro would walk into United's 11.
They're playing in a superior system and most of those have a 'consistent' bottom level, not to mention your players are in better form but in terms of very high upper level of performance where they can be breathtakingly good... Hazard is obviously head and shoulders above everyone but I don't think many of your players are say World XI level, or EPL XI for that matter.

De Gea > Kepa
Valencia/Young < Azpi (more solid defensively but going forwards, Valencia offers more in build up)
Bailly > Rudiger (Rudiger is performing much better this season though)
Smalling = Luiz (Smalling is better defensively but Luiz better on ball)
Shaw < Alonso
Matic > Jorginho (Matic at his peak is better player)
Pogba > Kovacic
Mata/Herrera < Kante
Martial > Willian/Pedro
Lukaku > Morata/Giroud
Rashford/Sanchez < Hazard

First team wise.. its pretty much even, but I just think United have more talent in those forward areas, more varied attack whereas you guys are heavily reliant on Hazard for chance creation. I can't see Willian and Pedro winning games or being the main thorn in an opposition like Martial can do at his best, Morata and Giroud aren't much of a goal threat and Pogba will impact games more than Kovacic.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
They're playing in a superior system and most of those have a 'consistent' bottom level, not to mention your players are in better form but in terms of very high upper level of performance where they can be breathtakingly good... Hazard is obviously head and shoulders above everyone but I don't think many of your players are say World XI level, or EPL XI for that matter.

De Gea > Kepa
Valencia/Young < Azpi (more solid defensively but going forwards, Valencia offers more in build up)
Bailly > Rudiger (Rudiger is performing much better this season though)
Smalling = Luiz (Smalling is better defensively but Luiz better on ball)
Shaw < Alonso
Matic > Jorginho (Matic at his peak is better player)
Pogba > Kovacic
Mata/Herrera < Kante
Martial > Willian/Pedro
Lukaku > Morata/Giroud
Rashford/Sanchez < Hazard

First team wise.. its pretty much even, but I just think United have more talent in those forward areas, more varied attack whereas you guys are heavily reliant on Hazard for chance creation. I can't see Willian and Pedro winning games or being the main thorn in an opposition like Martial can do at his best, Morata and Giroud aren't much of a goal threat and Pogba will impact games more than Kovacic.
Disagree with Matic Jorginho comparison. We replaced him badly but he started dropping to our bench a lot last season due to his performances. I think Rudi is at par or better than Baily IMO. Smalling is underrated too and is defensively better than Luiz. Agree with the rest.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 3:0 Man Utd