PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

Cloud7

This is what i'm taking out of the game. Poor first half and a spirited fight in the second half.

Yet again all spotlight seems to be on Mourinho after the game but the players did themselves proud.
Just like against Newcastle, the players saving Mourinho in spite of the crap tactics he sends them out with.

Green_Red

Much better second half. Not sure where they got 6 minutes from. Getting a bit tiresome starting shite and then waiting for Mourinho to do something in the second half to get the game back on our terms. Can't go on like this much longer surely.

ManUtd1999

The best United performance under Mourinho to date. When the pressure is on we pull out this performance against a team on song and they were honestly lucky to get a draw against us.

feck off with your “Jose is outdated” shit.
Not even close.

ken11

Loved the passion and aggression in the 2nd half. Players were going in for tackles and 50-50 balls without fear.

Sucks we couldn't close it out but we were so close.

Fergietime@99

Classic mourinho, go 2-1 up substitute the player on a hat-trick, park the bus and hope for the best

RedNed77

Much much better, trying to ignore the deflation of the last two minutes I thought, viewed as a whole, we were good today. Bring on Juve :devil:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Not the worst result or performance. Got lucky with the ref not giving them a pen and second yellow for Ash though. Cowardly last 10. Meh.
Which penalty, my fellow highly esteemed poster?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jose fighting back the tears there.

Once again, the shit lot of defenders he's lumped with cost him. He said they were shit, they are shit and he's suffering the results.
One he bought himself, one he gave a new contract to, and one he proclaimed could play 50 games for him this season.

Right...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They hoofed the ball in penalty box and had more players than us there?? How? That goal killed me. And talking about bad luck. From post to their player, from de gea to their player...
feck you Woodward and your knowledge of football. Give Jose 2 defenders

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lucky from Chelsea! Where those 6 mins came from I will never know.
It's easy, 6 minutes came from compensation when Rashford time wasted. I know refs aren't supposed to do that but we all know they're incompetent and even biased fools. Why tempt it ? Rashford's pointless time wasting killed us in the end.
It's symptomatic of our entire small time mindset when we have the advantage, we turn into pussies again instead of killing them off

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Mixed feelings again.

First half just like Newcastle was shocking, yet the second half was brilliant.

Why he took Martial off is a fecking mystery and the late goal is obviously disappointing but after the first half we did well.
He looked gassed and we're playing against Juventus on Tuesday. At least I assume that's why.

ErranMorad

Game just showed how good we can be if we play with an attacking intent. Some of the most maligned players on the forum again showed what they can do when given the license to express themselves. The second half performance was very good until we decided to hand them the initiative again by taking off our three best attacking players on the day. Still not a bad result overall. Think most people expected a loss given our record there, & our current state.

The Chelsea cnut running across Jose again showed what a small time, classless club Chelsea remain. I wished Jose had clattered the guy. fecking pathetic behavior from a pathetic little lottery winning football club. Absolute douchebags.

MoskvaRed

More pluses than minuses but we should have won. With Mata and Martial kept on, I think we could have got the decisive third goal.

Litch

There's a team in there just Jose won't let them play....

Judas

Open to offers
It was obvious there would be plenty of added on time with all the stoppages, annoying but we should have defended better at the end. Not going to blame the ref.

Andersons Dietician

Gutted, thought we might get that. Still good 2nd half, props to Jose. That Martial goal seemed to transform us and all of a sudden we looked like we had a clue on how to play football again.

There is a good partnership building between Martial and Shaw. Martial does a good job of covering for Shaw when he pushes forward, hopefully they get better at the top end and find each other more.

1st half we were schooled and it didn’t look like Chelsea were even trying that hard then, Hazard looked dangerous then 2nd half he somewhat disappeared.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unlucky not to win, but best performance in ages. Probably best of the calendar year tbh, and we need to stick with it. First half was a grind but we werent outplayed or anything, just needed a bit more intensity which we showed in the 2nd. Keep this up and all will be good.

Only negative note that really has to be said is Lukaku. Next to useless today and woefully out of form. Pretty much as bad as Morata was for them.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Taking Martial off was a really weird moment. When Martial came off they kind of hugged and Martial smiled, so maybe he wasn't that bothered, but he did look confused and surprised when his number came up
It was because of the board thing feck up, it was 15 for 10 at first, then changed for 11, think the technical ref wanted both changes to go at the same time, we wanted to split them. Both Rashford and Martial were fecked condition wise, cannot blame them, worked their asses off 2nd half.

Siorac

I would have taken 2-2 before the game. But now... it's a shame. We just cannot win here. And it was so close.

Having said that, we shouldn't have taken off Mata and Martial and more importantly, we shoouldn't have left Lukaku on. He was terrible.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really really good match from us.
Chelsea didn't deserve a single thing from the match and adding six minutes was a joke.
Even with conceding at the end it's not the worst result in the world, if we keep playing how we did in the second half against Newcastle and Chelsea we'll be alright.

mav_9me

Jose fighting back the tears there.

Once again, the shit lot of defenders he's lumped with cost him. He said they were shit, they are shit and he's suffering the results.
He bought Lindelof, in case you forgot.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Martial made that look better than it was by pulling 2 goals out of nowhere (thankfully).

Young and Shaw were the only 2 players to come out of it with credit. Mata held par for me.

The rest were poor and the result flattered us.

Lukaku was as bad as Rooney in the end. Rashford only marginally better too.

Uniquim

Initial provocation

On the way back

Going by the number of annoyed faces, I think Marco Ianni did or yelled some sort of provocation on the way back as well.

Stadjer

Mike Dean making sure Chelsea got something from that game.
If that was really his intention he would have stopped the game because Alonso was on the floor when we scored the 2-1. Cant blame the ref for this one.. the extra time was fair because the stuff during the Martial/Rashford for Pereirra sub and we should just have defended better during the 2-2.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Where are all the people who wanted entertainment over results?

Jacko21

Martial made that look better than it was by pulling 2 goals out of nowhere (thankfully).

Young and Shaw were the only 2 players to come out of it with credit.

The rest were poor and the result flattered us.

Lukaku was as bad as Rooney in the end. Rashford only marginally better too.
:rolleyes:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A lot of replies, can't be bothered to quote them all. I thought tactically we were superb. I thought the team in the 2nd half played as well as it can. Keep in mind that this Chelsea midfield has been the best in the league this season as well as the overall context of the season, the media, the pressure.

If this was a performance under SAF I don't think half the Mourinho-out brigade would be complaining.

But by all means, carry on moaning about Mourinho after a great performance.

Canagel

We have better players than Chelsea. They went long ball on us and went physical. They weren't going to score any other way.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Well done to the lads. Good result. Well done the Manchester United supporters (including those on here).

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don’t understand the positivity. Our season is completely fecked. Chelsea are no great shakes and were there for the taking. A point is pretty worthless for us today. Also pisses me off how the likes of Mata and Shaw are having a giggle with their mates on the pitch at full time. You just conceded in the 96th minute, you cretins.

AndersB

How can Smalling have only 2% in the MOTM rankings? He had Morata in his pocket all match, was at fault for none of the defensive blunders and won a lot of important balls.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
If that was really his intention he would have stopped the game because Alonso was on the floor when we scored the 2-1. Cant blame the ref for this one.. the extra time was fair because the stuff during the Martial/Rashford for Pereirra sub and we should just have defended better during the 2-2.
There were a million non fouls he kept calling for Chelsea... he was terrible.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
And of course, Richard Keys attacking Jose Mourinho for being classless. I swear he masturbates on the thought of criticizing Mourinho.

Nick7

We have better players than Chelsea. They went long ball on us and went physical. They weren't going to score any other way.
Sadly teams going long ball against us is almost a guaranteed goal.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 3:0 Man Utd