PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 April 2019

M Bison

Supports
York City
Massive cock up by DDG but missing out on top 4 and not even this game is solely down to him.

We were so poor in the final 3rd, we had absolutely nothing going forward and failed to work the keeper at all. We looked slow and unfit, and completely devoid of ideas. We’re badly organised at the back and are unable to build up any play starting in defence. That has been the case all season, not only today or during DDG dip in form, but all season.

Draw was a fair result, if you were a Chelsea fan you’d be saying they had the better chances and looked more like scoring. It could have been much worse, Higuain probably should have done better at the end with that chance.

GM K

Can we just end this season already? Or if possible, can we just hit a reset button and bring us back to 2014 before we made some truly horrible decisions and started this downward spiral.

So sick of this bunch of heartless spoofers.
We might need Tony Stark and the other Avengers to swing this.

Sentient Meat

They should have said before the game... if you get us a champions league place... Ole can keep his job... those who want to leave can leave.
If you don't... we will just keep you through the length of your contract.

I think you would have seen a different level of effort from those who cost the team the match.

vidic blood & sand

Chelsea knocked the ball around without breaking into a sweat second half. We had nothing to go and create a chance.

siw2007

1st half was very good, we got the goal and looked like scoring a second, while Chelsea were a bit clueless. But alas, one stupid goalkeeping error has cost us the win.

Second half was a bit mediocre, they closed us out and didn’t threaten much until final 5 min.

Big call by Ole now. Does he play De Gea or Romero next game.

Cpt Negative

Overall our home form has been a shambles this season, in all competitions.

Losses to City, Spurs
Draws to Palace, Southampton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Burnley.

Barely done any damage to our biggest rivals

UnitedChampionsAgain

So that's one goal in open play in God knows how many games. The dippers create chances galore while we create nothing. Zero talent, ability or desire. With this form next season we'll be lucky to survive relegation..

Stubble

I'm actually made up we've prob missed out on CL. The squad needs an overhaul and wouldn't have got it with top 4 achieved that's how the Glazers roll. No CL no dosh or marketing opportunities - that will concentrate minds.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Overall our home form has been a shambles this season, in all competitions.

Losses to City, Spurs
Draws to Palace, Southampton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Burnley.

Barely done any damage to our biggest rivals
Remind you of anyone?

What’s the common denominator ?

MisterLupus

It's effectively 4 with goal difference. Today was a cup final and we blew it.
Yeah I'm aware. Relying on Watford to come through for us and then have Leicester step up as well is a long shot - especially considering we'd also need for Brighton or Burnley to beat Arsenal - but I'm not folding until it's actually over defeatism is frowned upon where I'm from :lol:

Full bodied red

At Christmas, when JM was fored, I wrote that it wasn't totally JM's fault, because for all his own faults, the group of players he was trying to manage were ( 1 ) unintelligent footballers and ( 2 ) devoid of any fighting spirit and ( 3 ) lazy

After the Chelsea FA Cup win, I wrote that I was obviously wrong in my opinions and offered my apologies to Caftards for being such a poor judge of both JM's managerial skills and our players.

I now withdraw that apology as I was obviously correct the first time.

Chairman Steve

I'm actually made upup we' missed out on CL. The squad needs an overhaul and wouldn't have got it with top 4 achieved that's how the Glazers roll. No CL no dosh or marketing opportunities - that will concentrate minds.
That is the one hope I have with finishing outside of 4th, that it will be a massive wakeup for the club.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
My opinion is not the holy grail. The opinion that Ole was the problem is so stupid that anyone believing that should watch another sport.

There is nothing more he could of done today apart from bring Martial on. Martial has been shite and lazy and wouldnt have offered the energy of Sanchez. If we are comparing dick sizes, ive been watching united for 30 odd years.

You have to allow him the opportunity to improve the squad and have a preseason to address the style of football and lack of fitness. After that, if its still bad then fine.
Whats so stupid is you telling anyone with a differnet opinion to yours to go and watch another sport. I cant even be asked to get into any kind of game analysis with you. You are too narow minded and rude. I doudt you have been watching United for that long too for the record.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sarri said the Rojo foul on Willian was "orange" (not quite a red but worse than a yellow). What do you lot think?
Blatant red, not surprising since Rojo is an idiot and a red waiting to happen. Bailly also had his random two footed fly in out of nowhere.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Utter shite. Was against a wholesale clear out this summer, but there is no other option.

Kopral Jono

I'd like to see our match-going fans brutally and wholeheartedly whistle and boo the team for once. Maybe it's the one thing that would give this spineless lot a kick on the backside.

smudgegezer

we need a finisher, playmaker, winger, full back and a center back. If David leaves (which I think we should give him our blessings) a goalkeeper.

We are in for a good few years more in mediocrity and need to get behind the team that olly hopefully gets the chance to create.

No point in moaning and being like arsenal fans, this is where we are at and nothing we can do about apart from supporting the team.

gutted about the result but also I was not expecting too much either.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea
  • 15% Man Utd 2:0 Chelsea