Sun, 28 February 2021

Gazza

From open play this season:

Chelsea - 0 goals (H & A)
City - 0 goals (H)
Arsenal - 0 goals (H & A)
Spurs - 0 goals (H)
Liverpool - 0 goals (H)

Scholes talking about lack of ambition from us this season. Hard to disagree.

Michael Owen talking about these games being a wasted opportunity to instill winning edge in the team. Hard to disagree.
Typo we didn't play Liverpool at home, was away

MattofManchester

Fecking, fecking, fecking awful. I'm frankly sick of seeing it now.

A coward of a manager. Played a full 70 minutes with no real ambition to win that match.
Having McTominay and Fred sit against the CBS in basically a back 6.
Yet again, a big game where we play like a 15th placed team.
Can't see the difference against big teams between Jose and Ole.

No substitutes. Yet again.

City come soon. Will be the same tactics. Yet again.

This is becoming typical. And frankly I'm sick of seeing it.

Delano

In big games, we set up to stifle the opposition, we then lack the ability to make passes in the final third.

It's WBA tactics, with the same attacking conviction.

Foxbatt

A point is better than losing but how did we play? I couldn't watch it today but I will watch it later. Could we have won the game? Did we play well?

mu4c_20le

Uniteds record against the normal top 6 this season is fecking awful. 1 goal in 7 games. 5 goalless draws and a 6-1 hammering along with a home defeat to the worst Arsenal team of the past 20 years. No wonder we're 12 points behind City.

Bring back LVG

bsCallout

A couple of really poor spells but a decent result at SB.

Messed up some key moments and could really do with some top quality to take us the extra step.

Pogba and Cavani were big misses.

With Haaland up from next season we'll turn these tight games in our favour.

always_hoping

Fair result in the end but I'm still not sure how that ref didn't give a penalty 1st half.

Away league unbeaten run extended to 20 games and clean sheet against a in form Chelsea is more than decent.

That result means United stay 6 points ahead of Chelsea and have gained a point on Leicester, West Ham.

abailey123

Uniteds record against the normal top 6 this season is fecking awful. 1 goal in 7 games. 5 goalless draws and a 6-1 hammering along with a home defeat to the worst Arsenal team of the past 20 years. No wonder we're 12 points behind City.
it’s strange as last year we had such a good record against the big 6. We’ve certainly become more compact this year, maybe teams are wising up to our counter.

SirScholes

James love the energy and he puts his heart in the game but their is next to no footballing intelligence in there
Fred has moments of brilliance to come out with the ball coupled with moments of absolute brain farts
Greenwood still learning

we miss cavani badly, someone who knows how to to play as a striker, someone who is a threat in the box and can link the midfield so bruno can arrive late rather than having to do it all himself

MrBest

Another 0-0 against a top team. But we're making progress. People lying to themselves, similar to the season when Mourinho got his 2nd place.
Progress? We have won 4 of the last 10. This game is the same story, no plan b, ole does not trust his bench, he dont change the team, bruno is tired, rashford off form, martial is cruising through life, Greenwood looks lost, we play two holding midfielders, both cannot pass and there is no urgency when it is needed. I will just be happy with top 4, but we are making this much harder for ourselves than it should be.

acnumber9

That is the mentality of the manager right there. We won’t win a fecking thing with Solskjær in charge.
Yes and no. I think he knows the limitations of the players. I agree that he’s happy with the draw. If he had Scholes and Keane in midfield rather than McTominay and Fred? I think not.

MU655

Chelsea - 0 goals (H & A)
City - 0 goals (H)
Arsenal - 0 goals (H & A)
Spurs- 0 goals (H)
Liverpool - 0 goals (H &A)
This needs working on. I don't even remember the last time we were this bad against the traditional top six.

5 points from 24 against the traditional top six + Leicester.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Same old story of a traditional top 6 match involving United this season. Opponent plays safe, we don't have enough quality to unlock.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Can’t remember beeing that angry with one point at the Bridge.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Fecking, fecking, fecking awful. I'm frankly sick of seeing it now.

A coward of a manager. Played a full 70 minutes with no real ambition to win that match.
Having McTominay and Fred sit against the CBS in basically a back 6.
Yet again, a big game where we play like a 15th placed team.
Can't see the difference against big teams between Jose and Ole.

No substitutes. Yet again.

City come soon. Will be the same tactics. Yet again.

This is becoming typical. And frankly I'm sick of seeing it.
We were on top for large parts of that game first and second half

sparx99

A team with ambition would move on from Ole. He’s done well and restored the ‘feel’ of our club. But we are just not good enough. He doesn’t make us better than the sum of our parts and a coach should.

Irwin99

That was a throwback to the Rafa/Jose era of the premier league. They would have been proud of that.

Good point, hardworking performance but very uninspiring. Both teams defenders were very good. The best technical quality of our team comes from the left side (Shaw especially). The rest is very ok/average.

lost7

I thought that Liverpool game in the FA Cup could have been the start of how we approach these games against top sides, but instead we're going backwards

Leonzo1

7 games against the top 6.
0 wins
2 losses
5 draws
1 penalty scored.

Dreadful.

RORY65

Two quite dull sides playing out a shite draw which is a decent result for us. As a club we've at least stabilised as a top 4 side but we're still miles away from City or Liverpool at their best.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We are going to get DESTROYED by Man City if Pogba and Cavani do not come back soon. Martial is useless and Greenwood isn't much better. We simply don't have enough to score in big games. Rashford and Bruno can't do it every game.

bdspeedy

Tactical disaster class unless you're simply more scared to lose than you are brave enough to fight to win the league.

Lewnited

Compared to our other performances against the big six that just about scraped the 'acceptable' mark... and it was still 0-0. Ultimately it's just another game showing how glaringly far we are from being a real top team again.

Horrendous decision for the handball.

Martialfc

Is Fred Brazilian? I find it hard to believe...0 flare in his game. Mctominay bang average. Bruno was bang average today as well unfortunately. We are an average team with average players. Get used to it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
clean sheet at the bridge should be a positive result but I feel like we dropped 2 points. Better passes from Bruno and McTominay and we win 2-0

OrcaFat

As usual the negative posts in the after match thread are hilarious.

croadyman

Same old story in these big six games, have had just about enough of this approach and it's getting so predictable for the opposition

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 244 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd