PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 December 2023

Zen

Where were all these performances from? Surely Rashford being "rested" can't be the catalyst for most of them starters having one of their finer all round games of the season, some their actual best performance too.

Some cohesion issues, but the xG should be pushing 5... which is, something.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just makes me more annoyed we couldn’t be arsed against the likes of Newcastle and palace. We could’ve been right in the mix at the top.

Zed is not dead

Great game, deserved and convincing win.

We still miss that killer instinct that would allow us to bury games when we have chances. 2 goals from 4.0xG is underwhelming

But I was happy to see for once a collective performance. They seemed to all work together but most importantly for one another.

Surprisingly, we’re only 3 points off City

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Chelsea are a very bad team.

Hard to believe they've spent 230m on their midfield.
Enzo looks garbage and Caicedo not looking as energetic as he did at Brighton. Very easy to play against and their defence all over the place. Attack has no cutting edge, they better hope some players come good as it's looking like a massive waste of money.

Irwin99

Good game that. The pressing and forced errors gave Chelsea massive problems.

Maguire, McTominay, Dalot, Amrabat, all very good. Antony and Garnacho really put in some work.

Hackman2210

So Amrabat and Mct just pissed all over caciedo and Fernandez? Credit where credits due. Well played you reds!!

predator

Youth NITK
30ish shots? Looked very dangerous. The team linked up well in attack. Defence were quite solid overall.

Shoutouts to

Garnacho - he is becoming such a big player for us. His dribbling and creativity is improving every game.

Mctominay - Everyone knows he isn't the most technically gifted player with the ball but his desire and eye for goal is impressive.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Said it after the game with Newcastle.

When the bald man set us up to play not to lose, we play like crap and usually lose.

We have to always play to win like tonight. Even if we had draw or lost, it would have been a positive performance for me.

The hunger and desire was there for all of us to see. Only bad finishing prevented us from having more of a field day.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would have taken any sort of win, the fact that it was heavily deserved all the better.

krazyrobus

Finally, some energy and effort from the whole team.

Rashford came on and immediately gave Chelsea the impetus because he is not putting the necessary pressure on the Chelsea's back line to play. He's going to just play out that contract.

Bruno put in more effort in the friggin 90s minute than Rashford.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Full time whistle went on the Bein Sports stream, and Richard Keys immediately lays into us. That guy has got some issues.

End product was a bit off, but the workrate was massive. Garnacho and Antony were up and down their sidelines non stop. Bruno was just everywhere. The high press was great to watch.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
McTominay is such a funny player. Everytime when people are starting to get annoyed with him (again) he puts up a masterclass. Great win!!!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So much better albeit against a terrible side who play as open as we do. Should’ve scored about 6.

Geistman

I know Chelsea are also in dissaray but that was probably the first game in about a year I enjoyed. First half we still had issues in midfield but we organised ourselves better in the second half. The holes in midfield seemed to dry up somewhat. Garnacho for me was man of the match. He set the tone which was very important. I'd like to see the stats it seemed to me we closed down more or maybe it seemed that way because Rashford wasn't on the pitch where all my attention is on him not closing down.

Rustyspider13

Absolutely deserved win. It's been rare this season that we've been the better team but this one is no question. Immense workrate from everyone involved. Showed there is still some pride left in the team. Do the basics right, that's all we ask.

Gopher Brown

Very good. There's some fight left in this team. Much better balance in midfield with Anthony and Garnacho defending slightly more narrowly.

Chelsea were absolutely appalling though. I thought we play like strangers with no plan, but they are on a whole different level with that.

Glorio

I think players themselves respond when there are consequences for those that don't give the required effort.
Love the fact that EtH benched Rashford and we delivered a performance.

No sure why there's such a difference for Højlund when you compare the EPL and the CL :houllier:

The players don't even seem to look for him

Oranges038

An entertaining game, what more could you ask for.

A bit open at times. Created a ridiculous amount of chances. McT could have had 5 or 6. The movement and pressing of the front 3 was brilliant.

Chelsea were way too easy to press on the ball. Disasi and Sanchez were awful. Caicedo is a donkey. Enzo never really got into the game.

Andersons Dietician

There were a lot of good performances by our current standard. The running and constant pressure by say the front 4 was excellent. Garnacho, Antony, Hojlund, Bruno did a great job.

Maguire, Shaw, Lindelof, Dalot all fairly solid.

There is still room for improvement as there were many occasions where we just seem to pick the wrong option or can’t see the obvious option to punish people. So many occasions.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm so happy!
Good performance as well. Players worked hard.

cj_sparky

Great win, great performance and 2-1 massively flattered Chelsea (although they look proper shite).

Hopefully we see more of the front three, Hojlund needs a goal soon.

Lots of energy today and players dropped not missed.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Ten Hang turned Pressing to max and ticked Prevent Goalkeeper from playing. For the whole match. It worked and nobody died in the process.

1. McRabat
2. Garnacho
3. Drop anyone who’s not capable of running 12k+ a game

Fts 74

Really enjoyed that should've scored 5 but excellent work rate more of that going forward please.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I enjoyed it and the players looked like they cared. But I thought we were pretty awful, we could have conceded plenty and our front 3 don't look like there's enough goals between them.

eire-red

Delighted with the win.

Hate to say it, but I hope we're not that open though against Bayern and Pool.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 325 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea
  • 12% Man Utd 1:1 Chelsea