FA W FA Cup Final

Manchester United 2:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 May 2016

Perrick Dubois

What a game, went from bummed turning up to work to the boss shouting 12 of us a meal at a great restaurant and they wheel in a tele and we watch the entire game and go mental at the end. Never in my life have I ever worked with several wines under the belt. So that is a first, get in. Chuffed for all the lads especially Carras and Rooney.

van Persie

Watching the replay, it makes so fecking happy when we win titles

Missed it so much!

Tribec

Someone's going to get a bit of a bill for repairing the lid of the cup.... It was quite a feat by Carrick and Rooney to throw it over the edge of the royal box when lifting the cup.... Looking at the picture with Martial holding it, United released a video of them celebrating around the time that picture was taken and the top of the lid is bent and it looks beat up. It won't be the first time the cup's been battered or we've had to repair a trophy either.

Great win, probably more nervous watching that yesterday than I was in the last 3 minutes in 99 and the penalty shoot out in 08. It just didn't seem to be our day, till it was.

Riz

Was fortunate enough to go yesterday. An absolutely incredible day out and I'm beyond delighted for LVG and the team.

Every club seems to think the phrase applies to them but feck we never do it the easy way do we? I was slumped in my seat when Puncheon scored, thought this team is no good at responding but boy was I wrong. Thought we'd struggle going into extra time what with playing Tuesday and when Smalling had his brain fart the best we could hope for was penalties. But that goal by Jesse, wasn't responsible for my actions in celebrating next to the Palace fans. :devil:

LVG gets to bow out as a winner of sorts, a fitting end to a wonderful career but it is time for his tenure to come to an end.

Rooney and Carrick lifting it together was a fantastic sight. Both brilliant servants to the club and now they have the complete set of medals.

For the youngsters, this could be a catalyst. Like Fergie said it's important they get a taste of winning. Speaking of Fergie, I think he got the loudest reception from our fans when he was put on the big screens. He then realised why we all cheered and punched the air at us evoking an even louder cheer. So important to get the first trophy in after the great man's era.

Been far too long without the FA Cup, to witness us lift it live was a special moment. United!

SirAF

Ageist
To ask something completely trivial amidst the Mourinho news and cup win:

Does anyone know why the club is selling the home shirt with the Final embroidery to commemorate the cup final instead of the actual white shirt they used?

I'd tag the poster who knows a lot about shirts and adidas, but I can't remember his name.

nistleloy

I was excited all day by the final and although it wasn't a spectacular match I'm still smiling at the result. Love the FA Cup it brings the boy out in me. All together now. Glory Glory Man United!

Acole9

Outstanding
Absolutely buzzing after the win. It took a fair while to get going but when it did it was rather entertaining.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Really enjoyed the game and the win, the 9th time I have seen us win the famous old trophy.
Reading some of the pessimistic comment on the match day thread after we went behind would make you laugh and cry at the same time.
Some of the posters on here are so pessimistic and negative!

marlowe78

What a day.

I was watching with my mum and we both were mental after Lingard's shot went in. There has been so much disappointment over the last 3 seasons, especially this one, but this was a day where you can't doubt that our players and staff left everything on the pitch and touchline. I could only feel proud to lift another trophy after we twice looked dead and dusted but fought on to win so dramatically.

Happy most especially for Rooney and Carrick, who had won every other honor at the club level. Both players are past their best days but they used the remnants of their skills and their experience to propel the team. LVG has been a serious letdown for me but I am glad he is leaving with another trophy on his record.

As far as the Cup not meaning much, I suppose it's a matter of opinion that cannot be right or wrong. I happen to think it's a supreme test of luck, both in games and in which teams you draw, and a club's reserve of talent. With the lower division opponents we faced that got us through the early rounds and how we pulled through against West Ham (replay), Everton (Martial late goal), and now Palace, it seems like the trophy was in the stars for us.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 540 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Crystal Palace
  • 24% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace