PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 May 2017

kundalini

Harrop and Demi Mitchell were impressive. TFM poor. Tuanzebe and McTominay decent. Palace were absolutely awful. Pereira made a good save from the freekick.

Personally once we got 2-0 up, disappointed Mourinho chose to use Martial and Carrick rather than risking more kids.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Harrop and Mitchell looked interesting. Tuanzebe was far more comfortable this game than he was in the previous matches. Previously it was obvious he wasn't a central midfielder, but his movement to get into position and his passing were both significantly improved. Gomes looked promising in his few minutes; his movement to constantly be available was fantastic (which really stands out considering that is probably our worst fault all season) and his passing was also impressive. Obviously it was only 5 minutes or so, but I really did like what I saw from him.

Terrific confidence booster for our final game. The youngsters looked hungry and didn't let us down. A few more of them should have got a look in the the previous games. Everything's better when we approach games with this mentality.

Was happy for Pogba to play so well and get on the scoresheet, despite his personal circumstances. We'll need him to dig deep again in the final.

zeekey

A positive way to end the season. The young lads played well. Feel a bit sorry for Willock.

Jib

Mitchell and Harrop are great and the second half really showed how important Pogba is to our midfield.

leontas

Harrop and Mitchell looks very promising. McTominay I didn't notice very much, while Tuanzebe looked comfortable in midfield. From his very brief cameo, Gomes also looks very promising with his quick feet and smart positioning.

One wonders what could've been if we fielded the hungrier youth instead of the complacent old guard against the weaker teams at OT.

Future looks promising.

GM K

Mitchell and Josh look like they are going places. Really talented lads. Mitchell reminds me of Marcello in terms of how he likes to go forward, dribble and attack. He's smart on the ball.

Gomez played just a few minutes but you could easily see that he will become a star.

Frank Grimes

Kids did good.
Lingard basically cemented his starting place in Copenhagen. Martial was terrible the bits I seen.
Pogba was magnificent.
Well done Angel Gomes.
Thanks for everything Wayne.(well not everything)

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
My river was a little dry, so can't say I got the most relaxing watch! But what I did see was professional. United were not really stretched at all though, 2 fairly early goals killed the game and after that it was mostly just a controlled Mourinho type style of seeing out the game.

What's great though is that the kids came in and held their own in a way that actually wasn't much different to the first team. I did notice a few mistimed/ clumsy challenges and the ref was quite forgiving of these, but other than that pretty decent. The passing was crisp and clean and a few opportunities were opened up.

Andersons Dietician

Best performance of this year really. Was great to see the defensive restraints taken off and full backs being allowed to attack. Honestly the most joy I've had watching us all season.

GM K

I just love the adventurism and fearlessness young lads display when they play. This will be the biggest threat Ajax will bring on Wednesday. Those young boys will run at us with so much energy and that will get the crowd behind them very quickly. If our players approach that game with the same 'hey-we-are-only-playing-young-boys' approach Palace displayed today, we'll get beaten by those hungry lads in the Ajax squad.

Pavl3n

Enjoyed that. Happy to see the lads so composed and giving it their all! Wish we'd bloody done this 4 games ago. Would much rather we sent them out against Arse and Spurs - they would at least have played with some energy and passion, win or lose..
I don't think they would've had the legs to play 90 min against Spurs or Arsenal. I even saw Harrop getting an energy bar during one of the stoppages.

I hope so, nothing to lose really. For me Harrop, Gomes, TFM and Tuanzebe could be viable squad options next season.
I would add Mitchell to that list. Never seen any of them, bar TFM and Axel, but they were impressive.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't think they would've had the legs to play 90 min against Spurs or Arsenal. I even saw Harrop getting an energy bar during one of the stoppages.
Would have still been better than the dross served up by the first teamers imho. If we were meant to lose at least use the game to give these lads a run out..

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Didn't watch the game, how were the youth ?
Very well. They were composed. Mitchell and Harrop in particular look promising. Tuanzebe did well. J Perreira looked confident in goal. Hell, they all did well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All those struggles this year barely winning a home game. Put that lineup out and absolutely cruise a win!

Raw

Didn't watch the game, how were the youth ?
Harrop and Mitchell were my stand out performers. None of the youth really panicked with the ball, they were cool and composed and eased to victory. The first team could learn a few lessons from them!

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 350 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 1:1 Crystal Palace
  • 13% Man Utd 0:0 Crystal Palace