PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 May 2017

Web of Bissaka

Nicky B.B. (Nicky Butt's boys) took and grab their chances well, love their hunger:devil:more motivated than some of the first team players.

Btw, apparently there's no McTominay's Performance thread :lol: so I'll just comment here then.

Impressive unexpected performance, I didn't know he had it in his locker.

His playstyle may not be noticeable though, but I notice he can do the basics well, like holding and keeping the ball well, good supporting movements attackingly and defensively, smooth ball clearance, composure, doesn't panic when he had the ball, getting into the box waiting for crosses, and that :drool:technical foul on Zaha.

:DNice to see SAF on the crowd, busy texting, with a smile on his face.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Or it could be it was the last game of the season at home against palace?
I don't expect individual brilliance I expect consistency, he offers neither, now I didn't want to discuss lingard I think he is one of the worst players to have played more than one season for us it pains me to watch him play.
Its not just his lack of cutting edge its his shoddy choice of passes that piss me off as I watch him time and again break down our attacking play and have done all season, Lingard making the wrong pass has sod all to do with the tactics. He hasn't done well this year because he isn't very good, he is the same standard of player of cleverly and ideally would be given the same treatment, Martial is also bad for his crappy choice when on the ball but was outstanding last year so will rightly be given another crack at the whip.

He'll play against Ajax no doubt, I hope he plays one of his rare good games and helps us bring home the Europa League
Make your mind up. You're telling me the game is pointless and therefore Lingards performances can't be taken into account but at the same time it's all the evidence you need to say the youngsters should've played instead of Lingard. How can you not see the hypocrisy in your statement?

You didn't want to discuss Lingard, you just brought him up after a positive result in a game he played well to slap him off. Makes sense.

khoazany

Btw, apparently there's no McTominay's Performance thread :lol: so I'll just comment here then.

Impressive unexpected performance, I didn't know he had it in his locker.

His playstyle may not be noticeable though, but I notice he can do the basics well, like holding and keeping the ball well, good supporting movements attackingly and defensively, smooth ball clearance, composure, doesn't panic when he had the ball, getting into the box waiting for crosses, and that :drool:technical foul on Zaha.
There's a reason why he was constantly picked ahead of Willock who's a more eye-catching player. That was a professional performance.

Roosney

Well that was enjoyable. Loved to see the up and coming players on the pitch.
Mitchell was great.
Happy for Pogba for the goal. Also I hope it gives him the extra boost for the EL final.

ivaldo

He wasn't better than Mitchell today, that's for sure.
Lingard was good/ok today mind, so not trying to bash him.
Mitchell played really well, but Lingard played no worse than he.

SirScholes

Make your mind up. You're telling me the game is pointless and therefore Lingards performances can't be taken into account but at the same time it's all the evidence you need to say the youngsters should've played instead of Lingard. How can you not see the hypocrisy in your statement?

You didn't want to discuss Lingard, you just brought him up after a positive result in a game he played well to slap him off. Makes sense.
Can you not see I was trying to end this pointless discussion, I named more than one

Can you find me the part where I said these players should of started this season instead of lingard? just curious because this seems to be your main whinge yet I never once said that?

They showed a better understanding of the game with the choice of passing and decision making, regardless of time of the year it was a step up for the youngsters, not for lingard...cant believe I'm having to explain that

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Mitchell played really well, but Lingard played no worse than he.
We disagree, but I don't mind that, as neither played bad at all and we won the game and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and it seems to me that you did as well.

MooseTheMooche

Really happy with the performance today. The youngsters played really well, Mitchell was great on that left side, Harrop scored a beauty, Lingard was also very lively in the attack. I was hoping that Angel Gomes would get more than 5 minutes, he did not get much time to show something more

frank lee madeer..

Good result by the youngsters. That should see us go into Wednesdays final with a little lift. Seeing the young lads play bucks everyone up. A laboured riskless win by the seniors just wouldn't have had the same effect. Fair play to Jose.

ivaldo

Can you not see I was trying to end this pointless discussion, I named more than one

Can you find me the part where I said these players should of started this season instead of lingard? just curious because this seems to be your main whinge yet I never once said that?

They showed a better understanding of the game with the choice of passing and decision making, regardless of time of the year it was a step up for the youngsters, not for lingard...cant believe I'm having to explain that
You brought up Lingard through your incessant whining in a thread that should be positive and then say you don't want to discuss him, the logic keeps on flowing.

It's implied, clearly, you can't back out of these though semantics, mate.

Anyway I'm done.

ivaldo

We disagree, but I don't mind that, as neither played bad at all and we won the game and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and it seems to me that you did as well.
Indeed. It was a refreshing display.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A bit disappointed he didn't address the crowd after the final whistle.

Jaxdan

All those struggles this year barely winning a home game. Put that lineup out and absolutely cruise a win!
Against a half interested Palace side in a game that meant next to nothing. Don't get me wrong, it was impressive from the young players and I'm happy. But a little perspective needed.

SirScholes

You brought up Lingard through your incessant whining in a thread that should be positive and then say you don't want to discuss him, the logic keeps on flowing.

It's implied, clearly, you can't back out of these though semantics, mate.

Anyway I'm done.
I highlighted how good our young players looked by saying that despite their young age they showed a better understanding for the game than the players I mentioned.

You then jumped up and down going on about lingard, saying he wa the best player on the pitch, it's not just been myself that's called you out on that one.

The youngings were class, going off their potential and intelligence they will hopefully replace our deadwood soon

Web of Bissaka

Seems to me like...

First Half, Attacking (& Defending) Trials ~ Pass. Mitchell was it that first attack threateningly then Harrop first score. After that, waves of attacks.

Second Half, Keeping Possession (& Defending) Trials ~ Pass. The back four is more withdrawn, fullbacks doesn't attack much. There isn't much attacking intent. Mostly passing the ball around, with the occasional attacks trying to score. Still, :devil:Tuanzebe, McTominay and Mitchell keep possession well under pressure. And then the last few minutes Gomes lead the party to play one-twos interchanging passes around the penalty box keeping possession at the Eagles throat.

Dante

Average bang
If we'd lost, the FA probably would have charged us for playing a weakened team. This win was a lot more necessary than some might realise.

Web of Bissaka

ivaldo

I highlighted how good our young players looked by saying that despite their young age they showed a better understanding for the game than the players I mentioned.

You then jumped up and down going on about lingard, saying he wa the best player on the pitch, it's not just been myself that's called you out on that one.

The youngings were class, going off their potential and intelligence they will hopefully replace our deadwood soon
Two others questioned that, one of which understood why I said it and neither challenged the idea he played well. No one disagreed with my calling out of how ridiculous it was to decide these players had more footballing intelligence based on 90 minutes of football in a game Lingard showed - yup, you guessed it - footballing intelligence.

PieCrust

Did we get rid of Varela or loan him? Thought he was ok in the appearances he got under LVG. This match just reminded me of him.

Red Devil Rising

That press conference Wtf :lol::lol:

This is embarrassing, I know it was a nothing match but if this was the scousers we'd never let them forget it

yamo123x

Romero
Valencia blind smalling darmian

Herrera fellaini pogba

Lingard rashford Mikhi

Subs. De gea mata Rooney martial carrick jones

Think that team nailed on.jones unlucky though

MAME DIOUF 32

Getting it so wrong with Moyes then van Gaal has really hit home today. We've had to retain squad players who would've been moved on in the past because the stakes have been too high to trust in youth. I hope we can find more opportunities for young players next season.

crossy1686

career ending
Getting it so wrong with Moyes then van Gaal has really hit home today. We've had to retain squad players who would've been moved on in the past because the stakes have been too high to trust in youth. I hope we can find more opportunities for young players next season.
Really hoping we can give some of these youth players opportunities next year and lesson the burden on new signings. Would be a great year next year if these kids are up to playing first team football.

SirScholes

Two others questioned that, one of which understood why I said it and neither challenged the idea he played well. No one disagreed with my calling out of how ridiculous it was to decide these players had more footballing intelligence based on 90 minutes of football in a game Lingard showed - yup, you guessed it - footballing intelligence.
i thought you were done?
I don't believed I challenged the idea he played well either? I think I said he played alright I gave him a 6 which is more or less the same as most on here,
More words going in my mouth I guess.

I'm actually done, like I say came on to praise the young players for showing their class and potential, not to talk about a poor squaddie.

Let's move on, I'll respectfully not read any more of your posts to help this reach an end

Ivor Ballokov

If we'd lost, the FA probably would have charged us for playing a weakened team. This win was a lot more necessary than some might realise.
On the same day a match was intentionally stopped to give a player a guard of honour. They'd have some cheek.

ivaldo

i thought you were done?
I don't believed I challenged the idea he played well either? I think I said he played alright I gave him a 6 which is more or less the same as most on here,
More words going in my mouth I guess.

I'm actually done, like I say came on to praise the young players for showing their class and potential, not to talk about a poor squaddie.

Let's move on, I'll respectfully not read any more of your posts to help this reach an end
And you still replied to me? Dont be do suprised.

Played well = 6? Logic reigns supreme.

You came to praise the young players by taken any oppotunity you can to shit on a player who had a good game. What a supporter.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Against a half interested Palace side in a game that meant next to nothing. Don't get me wrong, it was impressive from the young players and I'm happy. But a little perspective needed.
Yes, but you're missing the other side of perspective, that we didn't overly care ourselves, hence putting that lineup out!

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 350 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 1:1 Crystal Palace
  • 13% Man Utd 0:0 Crystal Palace