PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 May 2017

Raw

Really nice to see the youngsters so composed today. Didn't let it get to their heads.

AXVnee7

Not the best season, but a great way to end at least! Hopefully these youngsters are the future of Man Utd.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I haven't enjoyed a United game like today for many many years. Feck the oldies, let the boys take over

mu4c_20le

Positive, attacking football from the kids. Nice way to end the season.

Ixion

Hopefully next season we see a few of those players in the League and FA Cup.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Kinda lame second half, spent too much time on the back foot as usual.

Good to see the kids play.

SirScholes

Lasts game of the season but most of those players had more intelligence than martial Darmien lingard and fellaini.

Some really good decision making and reading of the game for players so young gives me real hope for not only our future but hopefully the national team which is in a shit state

red_devil83

Why didn't we play young, hungry, exciting players at home more often?

Might've turned a lot those shit draws where donkeys like Rooney and Fellaini did nothing, into wins!

Most entertaining United game for a good few weeks (months?)

Irrational.

Very polished performance from the youngsters. Harrop, Mitchell, Tuanzebe and McTominay can be proud of themselves getting a win against a full-strength Palace.

Jones did enough for me today to start in Stockholm over Smalling.

Definitely looked like a goodbye from Rooney at the end. Sad to see him go but the time is right.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Harrop and Mitchell the pick of the bunch, some really good performances today.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thank god league season is over.

Youngsters played well. Mitchell could even have a claim for a bench place Wednesday now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Mitchell, Harrop and Tuanzebe all looked great. Gomes looked lively and comfortable in his few minutes.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Too rash to make a judgment, but the kids looked good. Unfazed and comfortable.

Hope they get more playing time in the league cup next season, it's always a joy to watch young players.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'll be honest, I don't know much about these youngsters, but it was nice to see them look comfortable. Mitchell was probably the most exciting for me. The best of the bunch in today's game, but also in a position that's up for grabs. Hopefully he and the others get a look in next season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I wish Gomes had been given more time.
I noticed that Carrick was repeatedly passing to him.
I was hoping he'd go on a mazey run...which is what he is known for.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Lasts game of the season but most of those players had more intelligence than martial Darmien lingard and fellaini.

Some really good decision making and reading of the game for players so young gives me real hope for not only our future but hopefully the national team which is in a shit state
Lingard was the best player on the pitch until he was subbed though, credit where it's due.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'll be honest, I don't know much about these youngsters, but it was nice to see them look comfortable. Mitchell was probably the most exciting for me. The best of the bunch in today's game, but also in a position that's up for grabs. Hopefully he and the others get a look in next season.
Yep.
Since Evra left 4 seasons ago, we have not been able to find a LB who can make that position his own.
This Mitchell guy should definitely be given a chance.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Enjoyed that. Happy to see the lads so composed and giving it their all! Wish we'd bloody done this 4 games ago. Would much rather we sent them out against Arse and Spurs - they would at least have played with some energy and passion, win or lose..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That was a great performance from many of the youngsters in our squad. In particular, Tuanzebe, Mitchell, and Harrop were excellent throughout the match, whilst Pereira looked pretty composed despite not being tested often enough. My primary concern is with Fosu-Mensah who keeps being used as a right back despite not being naturally suited to that role whenever I've seen him play there. He always switches off and struggles to mark his man. He's much better off as a midfielder where he can focus on trying to win the ball with aggressive challenges and focus more on ticking play on rather than attempting to cross the ball in. McTominay also looked okay but didn't do much given that he played a more disciplined role. He's much more natural as a midfielder than as a striker.

It's nice to see Gomes finally get some game time. I think Mourinho always had it in the back of his mind that Gomes would come on, and even though it was for the last few minutes, it was still great to see him come on.

Overall, it was a nice performance even though both sides seemed to peter our during the second half. All we can do now is attempt to win the Europa League final and finally get back into the Champions League.

kps88

Is Jose not out there for the lap of honour/end of season speech?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I truly wish we could grow our own players to the standard that would make us competitive in the PL and CL. Football seems purer when the kids are playing. Harrop good enough to push for a squad place next season or should he leave/go on loan?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Those lads just took a hell of a picture on the lap of honour. A bunch of all the kids. If anyone sees that pic, post it please.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 350 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 1:1 Crystal Palace
  • 13% Man Utd 0:0 Crystal Palace