PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 November 2018

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
My brother, who doesn't know much about football, was watching the second half with me.

'Why don't United try to pass along the ground like their opponents are doing?' he asked. 'They seem to be aimlessly kicking it into the air hoping something will happen.'

I had no answer to that.

LoneStar

Thankfully didn’t catch today’s game. Was it same old or did we get unlucky / missed chances ? How did Lukaku do ?
He started off well, for like the first 5 mins. Then he completely disappeared for the rest of the games. With the occasional bad touch and feck up in between. So the usual I guess.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can't have a go at the players. All on Mourinho today. The coaching of this team is diabolical. He just has to go.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Any other fecking big club would have sacked Mourinho. fecking diabolical management.

Zakkah3

Honestly what Is going on, how are so bad?

He takes Pogba off and not Magic??

Lukaku, what has happend? Seriously dire, no movement, no Speed, no desire or Inteligence.

vidic blood & sand

Its about the time of year Chelsea put Jose out of his misery. We should do the same. It's time to part company.

RRCE

Honestly, that was absolutely dire. The sad part is that it’s not surprising in any way. That’s representative of the standard United has shown for a long, long time now.

The joy of watching United is basically gone for me. I don’t look forward to the games like I used to. I still watch if I can, but it’s neither entertaining nor enjoyable.

If anyone at the club thinks this is good enough, then they really are destined for an extended barren run. Sad times.

minoo-utd

Sad and tired. No desire no obvious game plan from the manager. Players play with no urgency you can feel it that they don't actually care for Jose anymore. Jose is thick chooses again Matic and Lukaku for the 90 mins. When the board will react? He said he will be there in december! When we act like a big top club and for the respect of our history and fans move the feck and sack him?

SqueakyWeasel

Just after KO the US comm stated that Palace had NEVER taken a single point at OT.

I posted:
Oh … there's a record to break :lol:
If 3 years of patience and all this money brings us Jose hoping to nick it on the break against a relegation fodder Palace team … at home I'm lost for words!

If he doesn't even want to play Dalot (although Darmian did well imo) and Fred what is the point of spending a single penny on more new players in the January window?

DavidDeSchmikes

6 points off the top 4
14 points behind Man City
-1 GD difference after 13 games
Had Crystal Palace had more composure they could have won that.
We are not getting top 4 playing like that. This is going to be a loooooong season

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are a shit mid table team. I will be amazed if we finish any higher than 6th this season. Absolutely amazed. I think they'll be a massive gap in points between us & 5th too.

Why did we buy Fred to be 6th choice CM? Why did we buy Dalot to be 4th choice RB?

We are a horrifically run club. Shit. From the board to the manager to the players, it's all shit.

AndyJ1985

Calling it rubbish would be generous. Commercial we may be flying high but when it comes to football matters our club is a shambles.

VanUtd

Supports
Feyenoord
The problem is, and has been for the entire Mourinho-era, that we buy players who made some headlines in the previous season. We get the overpriced hipsters. This only worked with RVP lately, it's not a sustainable recruiting model.

Unlike City who buy with a vision for the future and how that player would fit in a system.

If this keeps going then money will continue to leak out and we'll drift further away from the top spots.

I think.

Andersons Dietician

Not even that bothered by the result or performance as have come to expect this over the last three years. Just treading water till Jose is shot out a cannon towards employment elsewhere.

fallengt

Top 4 is pretty unlikely and it's not even December.

Team is full of unlikable characters including people on the top. I don't know where to start anymore.

Castia

Boring.

United are fecking clueless and boring to watch, it’s like we’re playing a different game to the other top teams.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My brother, who doesn't know much about football, was watching the second half with me.

'Why don't United try to pass along the ground like their opponents are doing?' he asked. 'They seem to be aimlessly kicking it into the air hoping something will happen.'

I had no answer to that.
That is precisely what we should have kept doing. Bloody lazy coaching by Mourinho. Awful.

Devil may care

I thought we'd win that by a couple in the second half but we look like strangers in the final 3rd and cannot break down a well marshalled side, just a crappy performance overall with only one real chance created.

Minimalist

That was wonderful. Really enjoyed that.

That Palace team might just have something.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
This is just getting embarrassing. Everything about United is just such a mess. Manager, players, board, owners. Just going downhill from season to season.
Hard to watch.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Palace probably had the better chances. Very poor from us.

Mourinho will be gone soon i think. Players look like they have downed the tools.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We are just floating in obscurity under Jose. He’s not going to improve us, things are getting worse.

We are struggling to beat any teams at home, they all look clueless as a team. International football shows it isn’t the players.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We've got a massively overrated squad that simply isn't good enough. Changing the manager won't change a thing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Easy targets but Matic and Lukaku were both shite today, unsurprisingly. Should have started Sanchez/Rashford up top again, we looked better in every game Lukaku hasn't played. I actually thought that was Young's worst performance since he came back into the team last Christmas.

Darmian played like someone who hasn't played regular football in about 5 years, which he hasn't to be fair. Lingard looked decent and we took him off, don't think anyone in midfield or attack looked decent apart from him actually. Rashford was alright when he came on. Only defender who played well was Lindelof, I'm not convinced Smalling even touched the ball today.

Don't usually say this bollocks when we lose but we were actually outplayed today, Palace were the better team for large parts of the game, just lucky that their attack was shite.

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 287 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 17% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace