PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 November 2018

buckooo1978

terrible team that Jose has put together

no imagination, performance levels are terrible, no plan, no excitement, terrible subs

not looking forward to Smalling or Rashford's stupid fecking we go again tweet

Sack Jose tonight please - Carrick will do better

MonkeysMagic

Surely we cant be any worse if there was no manager at the club? I’m convinced Jose wants out, he has lost any inclination to improve the teams play and must be wondering what he has to do to get the sack and fill his pockets with the payout! But...we have the most dismal ownership in the PL, and being crap is considered acceptable.

hobbers

The faithful lieutenants are by far the worst players on the pitch game after game after game. Sure we're all looking forward to contract extensions for Young and Matic and Lukaku before Jose gets the boot.

Baffling and tragic.

Easy targets but Matic and Lukaku were both shite today, unsurprisingly. Should have started Sanchez/Rashford up top again, we looked better in every game Lukaku hasn't played. I actually thought that was Young's worst performance since he came back into the team last Christmas.

Darmian played like someone who hasn't played regular football in about 5 years, which he hasn't to be fair. Lingard looked decent and we took him off, don't think anyone in midfield or attack looked decent apart from him actually. Rashford was alright when he came on. Only defender who played well was Lindelof, I'm not convinced Smalling even touched the ball today.

Don't usually say this bollocks when we lose but we were actually outplayed today, Palace were the better team for large parts of the game, just lucky that their attack was shite.
Martial was pretty damn wank too.
Everyone,baring possibly Smalling,Lindelof and DDG ,were appalling.

Zahed

For the Mourihno lovers, we are up to 7th. Get him out!

Andersons Dietician

That. Was. Awesome. Fair dues to Mourinho getting us a plucky point today against a very good Palace side. Had Ed backed him with £200m in the summer for top-talents like Willian and Maguire, we might have thrashed them one nil. Jose in. Everyone else’s fault.
You know what’s scary about this comment, if it wasn’t for the “thrashed them one nil” part this seems like something you would likely see from a pro Jose poster.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Garbage side that can't get the fundamentals right. Garbage management. Just another United game.

We're great at looking on a level with whoever we play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We are probably the worst coached team in the league. What saves us from not actually being relegation fodder is the quality of our squad compared to lesser teams. Awful game.
Pretty much this.

We rely on individual quality, and when people have a poor game it all falls apart. What’s the point of having a manager? Just stick the players on the pitch and hope for the best.

steffyr2

Very poor Jose out I am afraid
Snicker. yes, I looked at that and blamed the manager -- not!
Either the players are slow and unable to produce anything attacking or defending* -- or they're throwing the game.
Either way, why would you want them?

*good thing CP can't shoot or I'd hate to think what the score would be.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Our two match-winners (Martial and Pogba) both played terribly. Without them, the rest of them had no idea.

Credit to Rashford and Sanchez when they came on. They made a fair bit of a difference and looked much hungrier than anyone else on the pitch.

lex talionis

Another poor performance. The season is shot now and whoever runs this club needs to start thinking about who should succeed Mourinho, whether an interim manager to see this out until May or a manager who has the tools to build and manage a squad that can challenge for the PL trophy.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Thought Lindelof and Sanchez were good. Rashford looked OK when he came on too. Most of the rest were just average as usual but Pogba was the only really dreadful one. A guy as good at football as he is shouldn't be serving up that shite.

Konimey

Zero cohesiveness in the team, thank the stars that CP stinks at finishing and for the linesman's right call, Jose's bizarre tactics and substitutions, really boring going forward, Lukaku's horrible positional sense the list can goon and on. United is just not United anymore meanwhile our rivals are all flying. Its just depressing.

Reactions: Jippy

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Only bright side is we managed a rare clean sheet, even if it was partly down to Palace being rubbish at finishing their chances

Kapardin

Not too perturbed. League has been a write-off anyway, I just hope for a freak performance in the CL to keep the season alive.

AngliaRed

I dont know why people are moaning. We’re 7th. That’s the level we’re at right now.

What really feck me off is soon as Plan A doesn’t work, 60mins in, Jose opta for long ball option to Fellaini. feck, bring on Fred for abit of energy! Matic legs have gone and he was being passed with ease today. That old cart horse Lukaku has to be sold. He hasn’t worked here.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can't have a go at the players. All on Mourinho today. The coaching of this team is diabolical. He just has to go.
Mourinho selected a very unbalanced side so he gets plenty of blame, but the players aren't exempt from blame today. They looked to have no energy whatsoever. They are professional footballers, most of them earning 3 times what they could stand to earn at other clubs (including top clubs).

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We are a shit mid table team. I will be amazed if we finish any higher than 6th this season. Absolutely amazed. I think they'll be a massive gap in points between us & 5th too.

Why did we buy Fred to be 6th choice CM? Why did we buy Dalot to be 4th choice RB?

We are a horrifically run club. Shit. From the board to the manager to the players, it's all shit.
It certainly is.

red4ever 79

Played 13 won 6 drawn 3 lost 4. Scored 20, conceded 21. 14 points off the top, 14 points off the bottom. Going nowhere under Mourinho

R'hllor

Tho being out of title race this early is Arsenal thing. Regarding match, clean sheet, not thanks to us thats for sure. Doing same shit like in the past, i just dont get him.

Roboc7

Every inch a mid table team, I think it will be a battle to finish in the top six let alone top four. Mourinho spoke about being in top four by end of the year, he is in a dream world at best the gap won’t get any bigger.

Forget about the rights and wrongs of the transfer window he is doing a pathetic job, this team has nothing going for it and there is no coherent plan and no cohesion.

He’s not going to be sacked and the season has been written off, hopefully the plans for his successor and DOF are already underway or will be shortly.

Mylock

Jose has to go along with half the squad. Embarassing performance, one of the worst United teams i can remember. I'd rather if we were in the bottom 4 and trying to play football than this muck. And the joke is nobody cares anymore what the supporters think because its all about money.

EwanI Ted

We've got a massively overrated squad that simply isn't good enough. Changing the manager won't change a thing.
Well, it would change the main guy who's been assembling that squad, so I kind of disagree.

Anyway, no matter how overrated they may or may not be, the minimum the manager should do is get them pumped up for the game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We've got a massively overrated squad that simply isn't good enough. Changing the manager won't change a thing.
We're basically playing every game a couple of men down because the current manager refuses to bench a couple of players who have been incredibly poor for the entire season (namely Lukaku and Matic). Replace those two with players who might actually perform and we might be able to play football.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Every person who either played on the pitch or sat in the dugout is culpulable. No one tried to rise to any occasion, no coach was trying to find the spark, no player was exhorting his teammates to play better.

I didn’t realize we played behind closed doors today, didn’t realize we ran afoul of a governing body & weren’t allowed any supporters in the stadium. Our fans were an absolute embarrassment as well, no atmosphere was created by them at all. This is right after Mou says that the fans can do no more, that they have been fantastic. That stadium was as rambunctious as a fecking wake.

worldinmotion66

I don't understand the substitutions. Mata and Pogba play poorly and get hooked. Matic and Lukaku are awful week after week and get special treatment. Perhaps they were that invisible that Mourinho didn't notice how poor they were?

Someone

Something
Honest to God I'm not bothered about winning the league or top 4 anymore, I just don't want to sit through another 90 minutes of rubbish again.

Irrational.

The sooner we accept that we're no more than a mid-table team and come to terms with that fact then it will make this dour football and results against the likes of Palace more palatable. We're in for a long couple of seasons.

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 287 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 17% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace