PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 November 2018

Himannv

Mourinho selected a very unbalanced side so he gets plenty of blame, but the players aren't exempt from blame today. They looked to have no energy whatsoever. They are professional footballers, most of them earning 3 times what they could stand to earn at other clubs (including top clubs).
It's uninspiring stuff from Jose though. He just has no idea how to get the best out of these players and I doubt he even knows what his best XI is at the moment, and that's just very poor from a manager of his standing. He's relying on players who just aren't cutting it and not really backing the more talented lot. He's a very big part of the problem.

redom

The amount of space we gave them was ridiculous, even if you don't play a high press you're still meant to press once they reach a certain point but we stood off them too often allowing them to turn or pick a pass, it just makes us look so lazy and easy to play against.

Okey

We are probably the worst coached team in the league. What saves us from not actually being relegation fodder is the quality of our squad compared to lesser teams. Awful game.
This... Every word. Really sad what we've become. Who shall save us?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I don't care anymore, I somehow always expect this level of performance nowadays anyways.
Palace will be disappointed they didn't take all 3 points.

ErranMorad

We didn't lose a goal or the game. That's a good result for us against a well organized Palace team. Don't understand what people are moaning about. Only if we had £100m defender we could have stopped them from creating those one or two great chances they did.

We fans need to be positive. This was a good point earned and place gained on the table.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Mourinho should really just go. It is not working. But he wont because he wants his ten million.

red4ever 79

Where to start. Ok first and foremost, the manager has to go. But jesus christ, half of the squad are also rubbish. Complete lack of quality and leadership at the club. We are rudderless.

Crashoutcassius

Quite unbelievable that there are people - including the board presumably - who still think that given time Mourinho is going to return us to glory because he is a "serial winner".

We are a third of a way into the season now. At current rates City are going to finish over 40 points ahead of us with a goal difference advantage over us of 105.
I don't think we should make decisions based on what points or goals city have. So bizarre that the greatest ever premiership side that have spend 1-2bn on their club in the last 10 years has to be a part of every sentence about mourinho

Triple.Threat

I know Pogba was most likely not 100% fit. But to take him off and play Sanchez as a deep playing midfielder when you needed to score is insane.

I thought a one-legged Pogba would have been a lot better than Matic today.

hobbers

Getting rid of Matic and Lukaku right off the bat would massively improve things.

As we saw when we went with a front three of Martial, Sanchez and Rashford. Just having someone who makes half decent runs and doesn't spend the entire fecking game waddling around offside changes the entire dynamic - Martial the most obvious beneficiary. Just compare his performances with Lukaku and without.

If it takes a new manager to have the fecking sense to get rid of the pair, then that's what it'll have to be.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Awful. I’m done with it until we get a new manager. It’s bloody awful football. I’ve never felt that I’ve never wanted to watch United before but I don’t look forward to the games anymore.

redshaw

We have a small chance of top 4 and the team has come back well in matches but today was a very tepid performance and the crowd weren't really pushing like before for the goal at the end. There just seemed an air of acceptance to it throughout which is is incredibly disappointing as we needed to fight hard and get the crowd up.

Palace should've won or at least had good chances to win.

I don't see Arsenal or Spurs letting us get past and things are looking up for Arsenal.

red4ever 79

The sooner we accept that we're no more than a mid-table team and come to terms with that fact then it will make this dour football and results against the likes of Palace more palatable. We're in for a long couple of seasons.
Couple? I think we are in for a lot longer than that. Half of the squad needs to be replaces and never mind that City and Liverpool are light years ahead.

fergieisold

Decent, cohesive performance. Defensively solid, and plenty of penetration going forward. Definite signs of progress and quality coaching. Yep, Palace were good. Probably should’ve won the game.
Really? I’m a Jose supporter but we were awful for 90 minutes. No cohesion, no organisation. We never once had control of that game and could have easily lost.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's uninspiring stuff from Jose though. He just has no idea how to get the best out of these players and I doubt he even knows what his best XI is at the moment, and that's just very poor from a manager of his standing. He's relying on players who just aren't cutting it and not really backing the more talented lot. He's a very big part of the problem.
I've stopped arguing the opposite point. He's not doing well enough in a club that has a disastrous footballing hierarchy and loads of overpaid players who really don't seem to give 100%.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just a blip guys. If we’d scored a desperate last minute winner against yet another no mark team we should’ve been beating easily, it would’ve further proved how conclusively we were turning it around. Which we definitively, definitely are.

CallyRed

He will make some bullshit excuse about coming back from International break.

Bestielob

Top 4 by Christmas? Bottom 4 by Christmas looks more likely as it stands. We are in a hell of a mess from top to bottom.
Can we get rid of Jose Sexton NOW PLEASE!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Awful. I’m done with it until we get a new manager. It’s bloody awful football. I’ve never felt that I’ve never wanted to watch United before but I don’t look forward to the games anymore.
That was way better than most of the shite served up under Van Gaal. I'm not defending it, it was still utterly uninspiring but I just thought I'd remind you we've had it much worse in the not too distant past.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We didn't lose a goal or the game. That's a good result for us against a well organized Palace team. Don't understand what people are moaning about. Only if we had £100m defender we could have stopped them from creating those one or two great chances they did.

We fans need to be positive. This was a good point earned and place gained on the table.
I can see you're a joker now, I hope so anyway :lol:

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So we have a forward who can on his day bully defenders back down the pitch to the edge of their own box and we decide to lump the bag of wind into danger areas in the hope he does something, anything. Take City out of the equation because nobody is catching them at the moment. I can take us finishing second, third, fourth as long as it's entertaining and we are improving but we are clearly regressing. Im also going to stick my neck out and defend Pogba a bit. The lad get's bare S**t. We expect he turns games, wins games, controls games but hes just one player. Look at City, Sterling has an off day and there are four world class players around him to carry a decent result and performance over the line. Liverpool, if Mane has an off day he has Friminio, Salah around him. Shut Pogba down and we got naff all to recycle the ball into an attacking play.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know Pogba was most likely not 100% fit. But to take him off and play Sanchez as a deep playing midfielder when you needed to score is insane.

I thought a one-legged Pogba would have been a lot better than Matic today.
I agree with the substitution not making sense but Pogba was pretty terrible today.

Bruce Wayne

Pure garbage. Enough with Lukaku and Matic.
Fellaini should not be our planB. We just spent 50m on Fred!

The team has zero confidence and very little creativity upfront...

6 wins out of 13 games... we'll be lucky if we score 60 goals or win 20 games in the league this season..

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I mean, we’re not going to sack him, because of the payout issue. We need to throw money at the problem in January. How can we be in a position where all we have at full back is darmian and young. Lukaku is our only no. 9 and he’s shite.

Unacceptable result at home

OldSchoolManc

The only positive, is that city’s titles will be seen as a joke in years to come. It’s like, covering over the bad news that United are terrible.
Club needs a clean out from top to bottom. How we can make so much money, but have a shit end product, I have no idea. In any other industry, there would be a recall and compensation.
It’s not just the manager. It’s the whole organisation. Which couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Cloud7

The 1st 10mins i thought we just might be in for a decent afternoon.
It's the hope which kills the spirit in the end.
Do what I do mate. Go into every game expecting a loss. That way if it happens you’re not surprised, but if anything better than a loss happens you feel some modicum of joy. It’s taken a bit of conditioning but I’ve almost got it down now :smirk:

liamp

I swear to Christ, it's taking me a bit to distinguish the bitterly sarcastic posts from the sincere ones. It's like a 40/60 ratio at this point :lol:

Stookie

Nurse bell end
That was way better than most of the shite served up under Van Gaal. I'm not defending it, it was still utterly uninspiring but I just thought I'd remind you we've had it much worse in the not too distant past.
Yeah I know what you mean but the other two didn’t spend anywhere near as much. Something is seriously wrong. We’ve not even got a positive Goal difference. I can’t even, I dunno. Just proper fecked off.

tieunhilang

Jose needs to rage-quit this FM save. Delete the file. Uninstall the game. Stop it. Go do something else.
How about a rich-ass gamer (Arab guys for example) buys that save file and invests serious cash to make it to top of the server, instead of a standard gamer who just pretends to play seriously to earn money from all the viral marketing benefits (The Glazers)?

Prodigy24

You just knew that we were in for another terrible performance right from the start when the lineup was released. Some absolute garbage out there tonight, it's just really infuriating to watch. The entire second half I was just thinking about what happened to this great club. We are Manchester fecking United and it's absolutely baffling that we still have players like Ashley Young and Darmian playing!

There is still no urgency in this team, everything is slow, the entire back four has to touch the ball before Matic gets it and then it's just rinse and repeat. Martial had an off day today, and instead of having some decent attacking players to change the side and attack from the right, we had Mata who can't run and and the lightning Darmian just behind. Lingard was decent but Jose took him off for some reason and don't get me started on that useless fecking lump upfront. The first thing this club should do as we go in to 2019 should be to get rid of Lukaku.

Only positive was Lindelöf, who once again was good and even played with a pulled groin at the end. I know how much that can hurt, and to see him win the ball and fend off TWO Palace players at the end was incredible. Much respect to him and hope his injury is not too serious.

Might be slightly over the top now since I'm fuming but I just can't take this crap anymore. We really have transformed into a mid-table club, and I can't see how we are going to improve.

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 287 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 17% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace