PL W FA Premier League

Everton 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 17 October 2015

SalfordRed1960

Professional, like Martial more and more. Depay needs to watch and learn. Attitude leads to rewards.

Looking forward tot he Derby. Lots of possible MOM, if Herrera had stayed on probably would have given it to him. Smalling was awesome, but think I will go for Schneirderlin. Bossed the midfield.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's put in some absolute beautiful crosses whenever he's played left back for us
Oh. That's surprising for me because i didn't see him doing that at Sporting. But it was understandable since he played as CB 95% of the times.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Great result, and very important performance with key games midweek and next weekend.

Chris Smalling is a beast, kept Lukaku in his pocket all afternoon, Jones did very well too, particularly considering he hasn't had a lot of football.

Great performance from Martial, very mature, was asked to do a job on the left to protect Rojo from Coleman and Lennon and they hardly had a touch of note.

Nice to see Rooney back on the score sheet too, lots of moaning about him at HT but I think it was a good performance from him today and hopefully he can kick on now.

It's so refreshing to see a Utd team with a midfield again :)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic performance. Couldn't be happier.

Rooney showed up today and Smalling, Rojo, and Herrera were immense.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Very good performance.

Created a lot of chances and didn't give much away, especially against a good side like Everton.

Gives us a massive boost going into the crucial CL match.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good game. So much more tempo when we play a 3 man midfield which includes Herrera. That was Schneiderlin's best game for us so far aswell. Even without the goal, he was solid throughout. Showed more adventure in his passing, he has a solid range there.

Every time Herrera plays, he shows why he should start. It's annoying just how many times he has to prove himself, but hopefully this is the last time and he is a concrete starter when fit, especially in big games.

Martial is a pleasure to watch. I love that he doesn't even bother with trickery. He just drops a shoulder and runs. He rinsed Coleman every time. His defensive contirbution was massive as well. Great work rate.

Smalling was colossal, as always. Rojo has possibly shut up alot of his critics as well.

It was all about the tempo. Something which is so erratic when we watch this team. Sometimes we look slow and laboured, and other times we ping the ball around with guile and adventure. Great to see it was the latter today, which we've not see this season. We've got the players who are comfortable moving the ball quickly with one or two touches, especially when Herrera plays. I hope we keep that up going into the derby.

DevilRed

The type of away performances that win league titles. Cant remember the last time we played so well at goodison.

Great attacking play from us as well and we could have scored at least 2 more had we been more clinical. Martial at the end was just giving coleman nightmares. Rooney could have had a second if he was 5 years younger :lol: Martial put him clean through and he ran out of gas towards the end.

Terrific defensive performance from Smalling and Jones. Rojo and Darmian were solid too. De Gea brilliant as usual. Cant complain today and what an important 3 points this is.

stu_1992

Ideal performance. Probably our best in a long time, and against a team we've had a very poor record against recently. Very well worked goals. Happy Rooney managed to score, hopefully he gets back to some form now. Feel we kinda wasted Martial though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Quite good performance. Can be satisfied with performance in all departments which is nice.

crimsonife

Good performance today, everyone played well. Nice to win at Goodison for once. Just what we needed after Arsenal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Fantastic performance.
I don't think any more needs to be said.

JackXX

Thought we were brilliant. Herrera is a game changer and adds what we have been missing. A player who makes runs from midfield and looks to be offensive on the ball makes all the difference. Two of our goals today came from his positivity and I think he makes everyone on the pitch look a better player.

Ainu

Fantastic result and performance. We had to dig in at the start of the second half when Everton came at us but we survived and countered well. Could have scored a few more goals even. Rooney redeemed himself a little bit in that second half, but he needed to because his first was terrible. That first time pass out wide to Lingard who almost set up Herrera for a fourth was great, that's what I want to see more often from him. Just what we needed after Arsenal.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Best Away win for a long time.

Long time since we have had such a comprehensive win on the road V one of the better PL teams.

Probably Spurs in 2011-12?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Not often you get a comfortable and routine looking win against Everton. Whole team was very good. Standouts were Herrera, Morgan, Smalling and Martial was very good second half. Rooney has a first touch again, herray!

Silverman

Very important win! Well done to the players. Now to beat Moscow next and then set us up for a big game against City next weekend.

Eyepopper

@Eyepopper , Seems like your optimism was well rewarded..Wrong about the score though.
;) delighted. Not too far wrong on the score. We were better than I anticipated but had a feeling we'd do that today.

I think there were some serious conversations had after that Arsenal result.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Herrera played as a proper 10. Too bad Martial had to be played on the left, but given the injuries and Memphis form I agree with the decision. With Young fit, I'd bench Rooney though. He scored a goal, and had a couple of good involvments, but he kills so many attacks I feel.

Edit: That being said, Rooney earned himself a start in the next match :)

Esquire

Brilliant game from Herrera, but this means bad news for Depay. Since Rooney won't be dropped (and he was solid today as well), I think Depay will find himself on the bench for quite a while.
I also don't like that Martial is gonna be on the wing from now on. He did well, but he is a monster as a number 9 and that's where I wanna see him.
Depay deserves to be dropped and Martial played regularly for Monaco on the wing. He's been playing there for the France national team so he looks very comfortable and offers much more attacking verve than Depay. He completely schooled Coleman today.

siw2007

What a way to bounce back! Best performance of the season by a long way and at times was such a joy to watch. Our display had everything, we worked hard for each other, we were compact and tactically immaculate. On the ball we were composed but ruthless with Ander Herrera pulling the strings.

Herrera got MOTM for me but shout out to the entire defence who apart from a brief spell at the beginning of the second half, totally dominated Everton's strikers and Schneiderlin who scored an important goal but effectively shielded the defence all day long. Martial is such a joy to watch and though I was disappointed not to see him score, it was great watching him blow away Coleman all game. Rooney was okay, not his best display as he had some awkward touches now and then but he worked hard, made good runs and got on the score sheet.

Hope Mata is okay but hope to see more of this stuff in the coming weeks.

Eddy_JukeZ

Fantastic response after the Arsenal defeat. Great performance. All of our players were cohesive in both attack and defense today. Great to see. Hopefully this contniues.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Depay deserves to be dropped and Martial played regularly for Monaco on the wing. He's been playing there for the France national team so he looks very comfortable and offers much more attacking verve than Depay. He completely schooled Coleman today.
Still, wasn't nearly as much of a threat as he is as a number 9 and I'd much rather see him there. He plays on the wing for France because they have Benzema upfront and for Monaco I think he was moved to the number 9 spot at some point as well. Nonetheless, it's evident that he's more efficient there and it's much harder for the defense to shut him down at that spot.

This was his worst performance in a United shirt and one of the main reasons is Everton being able to throw two or three guys at him at all times.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
What a way to respond after the shellacking against Arsenal.

This is the Louis Van Gaal I can like.
  • Plays our best CB combination - Check
  • Plays to our strength by appropriately utilizing the strongest area of our squad - Check
  • Herrera - Check, Schneiderlin - Check, Depay out - Check
  • Pace, tempo, purpose, chances - Check.
  • A lot of academy players on the bench - Check
  • Good amount of time for one of them on the pitch - Check
A game full of positives. Rojo's best game in a United shirt. Rooney scores away; against Everton. Jones and Smalling look excellent. Midfield provides composure, tempo & pressing. Schneiderlin's best game in a United shirt; was good on the ball. Herrera is incredible; always scores. De Gea can save with every limb of his body. Martial is fantastic.

3-0 at Goodison. Just great!

Siorac

Well this was fantastic. Herrera is my MOTM, unsurprisingly.

Still loving the way Martial plays.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Lots of good performances but I liked Lingards performance. I think him and Martial in the second half was great on both wings. Jessie kept it simple and showed good quality. I think he's a great option for us in rotation with Mata as he is a quick lad. Martial thrived in the space and has the legs to still get into goal scoring opportunities. I think our width was quality today

Eyepopper

Andy Townsend: Herrera isn't a a good enough #10 for a club trying for the top 2 spots :houllier:
Stopped reading at 'Townsend'... Bellend would be more apt. WTF would he know about whats required to finish in a top 2 spot.. oh, unless we count the time he finished runner up in the first division.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 812 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Everton 1:1 Man Utd