PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Tue, 04 April 2017

Brophs

The One and Only
What a pissing rabble. Very few have come out of the past few weeks with any credit, the manager included.

shaky

Um, Shaw was ok at least, and Everton didn't overtake us. Would be nice to stop hitting the woodwork every week though.

JohnnyKills

How often since we bought Fellaini, under 3 different managers, have we lumped him up front when we're chasing a goal or a result?

How often has it turned our football to complete and utter garbage, with aimless long balls, shite crosses and frustrating bouts of header tennis?

How often does it have to happen before we stop doing it? If it was effective I would still hate it but when it blatantly doesn't work what in the hell are we doing it for?

That was unbelievable frustrating to watch.
Yeah it's demeaning and horribly ineffective. He's an albatross in an afro wig. Not a Manchester united player.

montpelier

Five Live think Everton played really well & ought to have won - but that is maybe Leon Osman & Lawro doing the summary for you. Draw looked fair to me.

We are what we are, which is 6th probably.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That's because Liverpool attack with much more pace and skill than we do. We play at a pace that is comprehensible by Phil fecking Jagielka.
Having Barry and Mirallas back also helped. I know Mkhi and Martial were awful against West Brom but they would have given the Everton defence more to worry about.

Son Of Sam

Our crossing and movement inside the box needs a change and not the best of the finishes we had.2 points robbed.
None of our players can cross the street. Too many mediocre players in the squad, we need more technicians.

Trizy

Surely we've beaten the record of home draws, ever?

Mike09

We should have won but our players were very poor today so it's not like we deserve 3 points anyway. Only Bailly did well.

And the referee and linesman today are shocking.

Why did he give Everton a free kick when the referee was the one who stopped the game because there is a man down? As a result, Young got a yellow and injured himself.

Goal disallowed even though it was clear onside.

Pogba should had got a free kick as well.

Robles should had received 2nd yellow card for kicking the ball out.

lewwoo

I've given the team the benefit of the doubt but tonight was the turning point for me. Too many games this season I found myself saying we deserved the win but luck was against us. You can use that excuse for a few games in a season but not the majority. League is finished this year so all out for europa. Lots of work needing doing in the summer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If it's not shite finishing, it's great goalkeeping.
If it's not great goalkeeping, it's the post and crossbar.
If it's not the post and crossbar, it's shite refeering and linesmen.

The White Pele

Nothing new here. We lack cutting edge and we know that.

On the plus side, we actually scored today and created more chances against a team that is less shit than West Brom so a small improvement in that sense.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Completely disjointed performance. No cohesive strategy other than hoofing it forward for Ibra, Rashford, or Fellaini. We were unlucky with the offside goal and the two woodwork shots.

Blind

Absolutely shite, a better team than Everton would comfortably win that, our midfield is non existent.

RMD83

Much better second half, more missed chances, a wrongly disallowed goal, joses's poor starting 11 backfired, two more crossbars, how did fellaini last 90 mins? Same old shit.

adz_87

Supports
Man City
I'm not having all the crap about referees and how we were robbed. Do you honestly think that team deserves top 4? Not a chance.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not gonna happen, we had our chance and we blew it.
Sadly we've blown multiple chances... really don't know what's going on in our players' heads

Dolf

We need WINGERS ffs. Lingard and Rashford aren't wingers to begin with but they played terrible anyway. Can't blame any of this on Zlatan! You know what type of player he is. He waits for the right moment to strike, don't expect him to be a sanchez type. It wasn't offside so he would have made 2 in a otherwise terrible match.

Also, start Shaw the next match. He might not be fully fit or whatever but atleast he adds some width.

Heinzesight

Can someone explain to me why Pogba didn't get a foul or we didn't get a corner a little before we scored the goal??
Because the standard of refereeing is the worst I've seen...every game, not just ours, it's shite decisions every few minutes.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
People saying we should have won today are fecking jokers. We didn't even deserve a point today. We were utterly atrocious today. We created 2 chances first half which we both fecked. That doesn't constitute a winning performance.
Everton keeper made two cracking saves. Woodwork twice, disallowed goal.

If we won we would have deserved too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Too many pointless crosses late when we should have been driving at them.
Are you kidding me?
In that game, for 90 minutes, we tried everything. We tried going wide. We tried going through the middle. Along the ground. Route 1. Long shots.
We drove at them for almost the full 90 minutes.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Premier and top four are gone.
The season NOT. Is a difficult moment for us but we still have a great opportunity.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ref was shit. Bad luck/finishing yet again though, same old shit. Hit the bar twice and a clean goal ruled out, plus barry, gueye and Robles (albeit at the end) shouldve had second yellows.

Still though, our attacking is very forced. Why dont we play with urgency earlier? Pogba improved us a lot but he had his wasteful moments too.

All in all though, its europa league or bust really. We arent getting top 4. I accepted that back in november, time for others to as well. Too many silly points dropped at home.

Smores

Yes we had decisions once again not go our way but that second half was pathetic.

First time ive been genuinely concerned. We're still in it but not if we keep playing like that.

TrueRed79

Lads we have scored the same amount of goals at home as the likes of Hull and Burnley. It's an absolute disgrace!!! Not making the Top 4 with all the money spent is beyond abysmal. At this stage just tuning into watch a Utd game is becoming a chore. I have zero faith in this squad of players. They are embarrassing the club.

Jonno

A mixture of unreal bad luck -

-onside goal disallowed.

-They should have been down to 9 men for a blatant shirt pull, we didn't even get a corner for Everton clearing it against their own player, a goal kick!

-smashed the woodwork twice

And a mixture of awful crossing, awful finishing, too many desperate long balls.

You just have to hope when we buy better players that we will also have a turn of luck because this is awful. Just when you think we can't get anymore bad luck the run goes on.

Alex Styles

Honestly thought we played ok today, weird formations and positions aside. Everton got a fluke goal and we had one wrongly disallowed. Should obviously score on the chances we create, but if it wasn't for previous games being utter fecking dire I think a lot of people would view today's game a lot differently.
One of the few people talking sense in here. And if it wasn't for shit referee decisions in almost every fecking game.

NK86

Aimless fecking crosses into the box with Zlatan and a big lump of a midfielder. Yeah seems about right for a Jose side. You could have Ronaldo and Messi in this side but Jose would not be able to get the bestout of them.

We have sucked at scoring all season so what does Jose do, he gets more defensive with 3 midfielders who are known more for their defensive prowess (except Fellaini whonis basically useless) instead of starting Mkhitariyan or Martial. Also, Rashford is NOT a bloody winger so can Jose stop pretending like he is oblivious to it.

All these home draws are squarely on Jose. If he cannot improve next season, he needs to feck off. We just dropped two points at home again and the first thing he does is go out of his way to shake hands with the Everton dugout. He is a bloody narcissistic prick who can never change.

redsunited

About time we put all eggs in Europa League and give minutes for younger players now in the league. Shaw, TFM, Martial should get more minutes to prove themselves for next season.

M Bison

Supports
York City
As poor as seen under Moyes and LVG.

Such a disappointing season after so much promise at the start.

Dong Fangzhuo

Last two games have felt like a mix of Moyes and LvG with the spamming crosses and hoofballing.

Shiva87

Lost hope in the league now. Other teams keep giving us a chance and we keep messing about.

Perhaps we should start playing our home games at Wembley. Irritated.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 392 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 16% Man Utd 1:0 Everton