PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Tue, 04 April 2017

tangent

Supports
chelsea
Yes we had decisions once again not go our way but that second half was pathetic.

First time ive been genuinely concerned. We're still in it but not if we keep playing like that.
What you saw in last 30 minutes was Jose plan B when behind. Lump it up to Drogba and hope. In that situation Drog with Lampard backing up was better than Zlatan and Fellaini. Still not pretty.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
...United are hopeless when it comes to breaking down teams that park the bus.
As soon as Jose spots such awful tactics from our opponents, he deploys Fellaini and the hoofball orgy starts.
:lol:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Our official soundtrack should be Yakety Sax.

If you watch the matches with that song playing in the background it becomes hysterical.
:lol: Pretty much.

Why do we even bother watching anymore?

We're not getting top 4, and we're not winning the Europa League.

Jose is now doing worse in the league than LVG in his first season! :eek:

PoTMS

So it comes to this. Our season now hinges on our Europa League campaign. Flop that and it'd have been a tumescent season where we've largely flattered to deceive every time we step out on the football pitch. Win it and everything would have been all forgotten by the fans optimistic for the new season, not forgetting they'll be looking forward to CL football.

Infra-red

Draw keeps the (extremely remote) top 4 hopes alive. Hopefully that doesn't distract from the Europa League games, which are by far the most important fixtures remaining this season now.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Just a point to make.
I am not a huge fan of Shaw (I think he should be sold this Summer), but it was him who got us the penalty.

lewwoo

I'm more concerned that failing again to get champions league will start really affecting what targets we can go for in the summer which will start a downward spiral. I can't see Griezmann or any other top players being that inspired to move to us unless they are purely motivated by cash.

UnitedForever147

Desperately unlucky again! Typical crap team comes to Old Trafford and plays its heart out yet lies down against everyone else. Just look at West Brom tonight, whipped by the mighty Watford yet brilliant against us. We may not have been fantastic this season but we've been the better side in almost every game. Its been a season of sods law..

GM K

Minus two slips, Bailly was brilliant. Rojo is still error prone and he could have prevented the Everton goal but he's generally improving. I do like the pair as ballers. They can get a lot better though. Shaw has to be in this team. He's good. Herrera was very good. Carrick was superb until his last few minutes. Fellaini did okay but never offered that consistent threat and he was surprisingly weak aerially. Miki has declined. Rashford gets bundled off the ball way too easily. That's one main reason why I don't see him as a center forward. Lingard was average. Young was a red card waiting to happen. De Gea seemed indecisive. Pogba played well except for his occasional over flamboyance. Zlatan was Zlatan. And Jose? He started the game poorly. His finishing formation should have been his starting formation.

GM K

Minus two slips, Bailly was brilliant. Rojo is still error prone and he could have prevented the Everton goal but he's generally improving. I do like the pair as ballers. They can get a lot better though. Shaw has to be in this team. He's good. Herrera was very good. Carrick was superb until his last few minutes. Fellaini did okay but never offered that consistent threat and he was surprisingly weak aerially. Miki has declined. Rashford gets bundled off the ball way too easily. That's one main reason why I don't see him as a center forward. Lingard was average. Young was a red card waiting to happen. De Gea seemed indecisive. Pogba played well except for his occasional over flamboyance. Zlatan was Zlatan. And Jose? He started the game poorly. His finishing formation should have been his starting formation.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rio Ferdinand is pushing for Rooney to come back in, citing that he scored all his career. Aye, Rio, so did everyone else who played as a striker, but you know, people get old, you fecking melon.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just a point to make.
I am not a huge fan of Shaw (I think he should be sold this Summer), but it was him who got us the penalty.
If someone has some sense he will be starting the next game. You cannot take Blind off and then bring Shaw on who did well, then put Blind back in.

kbbear

At least most of our remaining fixtures are away, we might score a few goals.

Turkleton

I'm at the point where I've stopped giving Mourinho the benefit of the doubt. The changing around of defense during the match was a shambles. His tactics have been poor. Playing players out of position, using a formation that doesn't suit, seemingly not having any kind of strategy beyond picking 11 players to play. Disjointed is an understatement. To me it seems like his heart isn't in it. One more cross from the middle of the pitch is going to drive me crazy.

On the plus side, it's far more entertaining than LVG.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So it comes to this. Our season now hinges on our Europa League campaign. Flop that and it'd have been a tumescent season where we've largely flattered to deceive every time we step out on the football pitch. Win it and everything would have been all forgotten by the fans optimistic for the new season, not forgetting they'll be looking forward to CL football.
What's wrong with that. There's still an LVG tribute thread going strong in here ffs. :lol:

macbanan

Zlatan, Bailly and Rojo were great. Rashford and Lingard invisible. Mourinho seems clueless, making subs too late and having Fellaini up top.
It seems he's making decisions based on wanting to be different and special, leaving the game early, shaking peoples hands before the end whistle and so on. We get it Mourinho, you are confident in your ideas, want to appear as being in control. I think he makes the team suffer from it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Rio Ferdinand is pushing for Rooney to come back in, citing that he scored all his career. Aye, Rio, so did everyone else who played as a striker, but you know, people get old, you fecking melon.
Like he scored at the weekend when we desperately needed a goal? Yeah right Rio lad.

vk20legend

They are bottlers, but I knew they'd turn up against us. Every player dreams of playing at OT (big stadium, huge crowds, biggest tv audiences etc), so they put in the most effort when they play at OT. And quite frankly, I don't blame them.
We keep saying that against most teams that comes to OT this year. Look at WBA last weekend. Defended like their lives depended on it and goes to Watford and loses 2-0 even when Watford is down to 10. It's just frustrating to see these teams do this on a regular basis this season against us.

Of course we're partly to blame for not finishing our chances. A more clinical front three can convert most of these frustrating draws to wins. Hopefully JM can get that fixed next season.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
1) The tactics were extremely shit today. Defaulting to nothing but hoofball for the last 25 mins was awful, and reminded of LVG and Moyes at their worst.

2) The ref/linesman was crap and screwed us out of a goal and potentially 2 more points. If that happened to a team against us, it would be all people talk about.

3) Fellaini - why?

4) Playing everyone out of position - why?

Stacks

I'm more concerned that failing again to get champions league will start really affecting what targets we can go for in the summer which will start a downward spiral. I can't see Griezmann or any other top players being that inspired to move to us unless they are purely motivated by cash.
Indeed. Many aren't including the real possibility that each additional season, many of our top targets (ones that Jose needs in attack), may actuall think, "you know what, United are like Milan nowadays"

Son Of Sam

How has Rojo an average rating of 5.4? I gave him 8, he bossed the Everton attackers throughout the game, especially Lukaku.
Rojo was ultimately shit. If he had more cojones, Jaglieka wouldn't have scored. He was too lazy & was waiting for De Gea to make clearance for him.

Bailly was the MVP today, he literally murdered Lukaku with every known defensive trick tonight. Everything Lukaku threw at Eric, he handled them brilliantly.

Ban

Rojo was ultimately shit. If he had more cojones, Jaglieka wouldn't have scored. He was too lazy & was waiting for De Gea to make clearance for him.

Bailly was the MVP today, he literally murdered Lukaku with every known defensive trick tonight. Everything Lukaku threw at Eric, he handled them brilliantly.
I'm not sure what Rojo should have done? Jump on Jagielka?

red_john

First half was awful and embarrassing. Second half was much better. Again we don't take our good chances which in the end cost us again. Bailly, Shaw and Pogba returning was the positives from this game. It's clear to see the deadwood needs clearing out for us to be winning titles again. The summer should be interesting.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 392 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 16% Man Utd 1:0 Everton