PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 October 2018

Hoof the ball

Rashford apparently didn't have a good game, yet, his movement was so effective that players around him looked better and midfielders had passing options. Lukaku came on and the entire team capitulated and reverted to type. Can you honestly tell me that this is a mere coincidence?

ravi2

We were playing solid football till we conceded. Quite an enjoyable match up to that point...and that's something I haven't been able to say all season.

Kapardin

Good, aggressive football for 2/3rds of the game. Simple things like dropping Lukaku and Sanchez, playing Martial and Fred should have been implemented a long time ago.

17 points, hope our rivals drop points sometime.

Werd.

LVG was right. These players need to be more horny in front of goal. Should have buried them.

Tibs

Good win

Martial, Pogba, Shaw our best players.

Bringing on Lukaku removed some composure from the team and was a completely pointless sub

UncleBob

Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near the starting lineup.

Extremely sluggish

ravi2

Rashford apparently didn't have a good game, yet, his movement was so effective that players around him looked better and midfielders had passing options. Lukaku came on and the entire team capitulated and reverted to type. Can you honestly tell me that this is a mere coincidence?

As soon as lukaku came on we looked like shit. It is no coincidence.
He has got to go

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Great 3 points, some better football but that decision not to sign a centre back looks more and more stupid.

Pogba good game but cut out the show boating and theatrical crap.

Ibrahimorich

Pretty good performance for us recently. Controlled the game much better with this midfield. Matic still useless though.

Lukaku looked rubbish when he came on.

Let's try this with Sanchez in for Rashford and Herrera in for Matic.

Ban

Good win but we made a mess with that penalty and it was a bit shaky till the end..
This is a team which should play most games minus Matić.
Pogba has a good game but that stuff which lead to the pen he should cut out really.

Thank feck for that. A good theee points but we made it much harder than it had to be.

We’re going to see drama with Mourinho and Pogba now though. No way he doesn’t call him out for his shenanigans that lead to their penalty.
Would be harsh, takes a bit of weakness from Mata and a daft decision from Smalling to make a small Pogba mistake into a goal.

Also, Mourinho will be delighted with his attitude and workrate after their goal don’t you think @Pexbo?

BootsyCollins

Build the team around Pogba and Martial. Skip the "tank" forward in Lukaku and get someone more mobile and fluid in there.
Victor will grow into a great player for us so buy a WC CB to match him and we will be good.

Jacko21

That would’ve been much more satisfying had we won 2-0.

Don’t agree with Lukaku coming on.

Pogba needs to cut that crap out. Smalling had a brainfart.

Some decent football in parts though and an important 3 points.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
One of our better performances. We faded after their goal and made some stupid mistakes but the likes of Martial and Pogba dragged us through in the end. A welcome three points, a non-negative goal difference and something to build on for next week.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Happy about that win. Obviously performance could be better but I'll take it.

Chairman Steve

It’s yet another time where Utd look reasonably comfortable, concede a stupid goal and shit the bed afterwards, meaning back to square one in terms of momentum.

BristolRuss

Hope that shows Jose that Martial is by far and away our best left sided player. If he's going to play Sanchez I'd much rather it was up front.

peridigm

Not the prettiest of wins but 3 points is 3 points. Brought that GD to ZERO. Clearly a difference in style when Lukaku came on. Stand outs for me was Lindelof, Pogba, and Martial.

Better but still not anywhere near good enough.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I read a piece by Jonathan Wilson after the Chelsea game saying that given our flaws attack is the best form of defence for us, and it was only after Mourinho decided to sit on the 2-1 lead that Chelsea got back into it. I felt the same thing today. I don't think we are good enough to defend a lead. We need to go hell for leather which will likely lead to us losing more but going down fighting.

WensleyMU

Easy win, Everton offered very little really. Another 4 points, 7 from the last 9, gap now 5 points.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Too bad Pogba spoiled his game a bit with bad choices at the end of the game because he was really on another level before that.

I have a hard time reading people that sum his game up to these mistakes though, he did so much more and was active during 90mn.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Should have demolished them but ended up hanging on because we have a bunch of children playing for us.

9 points off the top, mid table and a zero goal difference.

We’re a joke.

Sterling Archer

3 points ❤

We look better without Lukaku.
He didn't help himself with that cameo either.

Martial is playing wonderfully. He did some great work in our half to support Shaw in addition to being our best threat. Really good to see such an all round performance from him, minus that last miss.

We can get top 4 yet. Going to take a real shakeup before we're title contenders again, however.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pogba, Martial, Lindelof and Fred were our best players today. Mata kept things ticking very well, having a bit of a resurgence which is something I didn't think I'd be saying this season. Matic and Shaw were really bad today, Young was fine going forward but a defensive nightmare. We should've scored more but we also should have conceded a few today, they cut through us so often due to the gaps Shaw and Young were leaving.

Pogba's mistake for the goal was bad but that was 80% Smalling, they'd been getting through us all game so a goal was inevitable at some point. Our penalty was dodgy but Everton had a helping hand from the referee in every other way. We've got a serious issue up front, Rashford and Lukaku look awful, we played much better with Rashford on the pitch though.

Overall we created plenty of chances and played some good football at times, again we crept into that loser mentality of protecting our 1 goal cushion by going ultra defensive, Everton had us pinned for 15 minutes, we still should have scored mind. What I don't understand about that defensive tactic is leaving on our biggest defensive liabilities, particularly Matic.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 78% of 641 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 442 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw