PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:3 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 February 2021

always_hoping

A draw that feel like a defeat.

Should have been a comfortable win but ended up as two real stupid points dropped with the last kick of the game.

The defending and goalkeeping by United for the goals conceded was woeful. United are as good as any team going forward in this league while defensively a number of teams at bottom can defend better and don't gift as many goals to the opposition.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is just bloody ridiculous. We have an 80m cement truck at the back, who's not got the positional sense and ability on the ball to compensate for his other flaws, yet our goalkeeper is supposed to cover for his errors?

How far are people willing to go to protect Maguire? Jesus fecking chirst.
Do you not see De Gea palming the ball into the centre of the box as an error?

hobbers

Defending as atrocious as its been all season. Pathetic.

De Gea the worlds highest paid keeper. Maguire the most expensive CB. Put them together and you get a defense that's bottom half of the table.

Bottom half in terms of goals conceded. Bottom half.

RORY65

I enjoyed watching us for the most part today, from the 20 minute mark until about the last 15 minutes we played well with the exception of a terrible 5 minutes to start the 2nd half. Our attack looked good (all 4 of them played well) and we looked more comfortable in possession and taking the initiative than we often do but the defence is just a disaster, no team can win a league title giving up goals as readily and softly as we are this season.

Ralph1386

Did anyone seriously think we would win the league with that defense? Maguire raising his hand instead of going for the ball for that last goal is disgraceful.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Ugh, this fecking defence.

NFM

Rubbish sub, absolute rubbish. Literaly no reason to bring him on there. Just keep Mason on for fecks sake he was working hard and showed good discipline. Rubbish sub that cost us a 3 pointer.
Yes, you can get away with a sub like that if its an 'old head' , but not a green kid, they are too rash. And its stupid to change the shape in the last minute.
On such small margins titles are won or lost.

DeGea

I am so fecking angry!!!!! Spoiled my weekend. Massive error from Ole. Title challenge which was more hopeful that anything, is now over. Fecking amateurs.

oses14

Supports
FC Dallas (USA, hardly tho)
Ole needs to sign a good center back. Our center backs are all average on their best day. The attack played really well. The defense played like crap. Simple as that.

FujiVice

Look, we aint winning the league. We're good enough to finish top 4. But we now need to realise what is wrong with this team. Maguire and Lindelof as partnership is shocking. Never works. Maguire is not a £90m player, but there's enough about him to put him alongside a much better CB and develop a really good partnership.

The keeper is fecking finished. It's been heading this way for a good 18 months, but he's done, man. Is Henderson the man to replace him? No idea. But I'd rather try him out to see how he does with a run of games, and access the situation in June.

Neo_Mufc

To let in 3 goals in the 2nd half is embarassing. This defence needs changing. We desperately need a CB in the summer.

Also yes I'm annoyed and I said this after the Sheff Utd game but it's performances like this that cement why we will not win the league with this current defence.

Enjoy the ride but let's not get carried way.

Josep Dowling

This is just bloody ridiculous. We have an 80m cement truck at the back, who's not got the positional sense and ability on the ball to compensate for his other flaws, yet our goalkeeper is supposed to cover for his errors?

How far are people willing to go to protect Maguire? Jesus fecking chirst.
Wtf are you talking about? First goal is solely De Gea. Third goal Sky are all over De Gea as well. Clearly you’re the one chatting shit.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Everyone will look at De Gea but I counted 6 or 7 times Rashford was in a GREAT position and made poor decisions. We should have been out of sight long before their equaliser!
Stop blaming the attack when we can’t defend. 2 goals should be enough to win a game, let alone 3!

joedirt87

pissing away results is an artform that United are very good at. Should have been a walk in the part 3- or 4 nil game with how little Everton were in it until Maguire and De Gea gifted the goal. As for the 3rd goal I don't even know. It's just comical how they continue to let set piece goals kill them.

RedDevil@84

Can’t see the upside in continuing to play De Gea. We know he’s not the future. We might as well learn whether Henderson could be.
And potentially be out of top 4? De Gea is our best bet with the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, Axel in front of him. He makes mistakes, but can come up with some excellent saves. Don't see that happening with Hendo.
I will want to see investments in defense. Maguire and Lindelof are average defenders or play like average defenders if you like. Axel seems to be quite far below that level as well. Bailly is injured all the time.
We can't do anything with that kind of defensive quality and form.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Do you not see De Gea palming the ball into the centre of the box as an error?
I see captain pudding playing their best striker onside, being unable to correct that mistake and playing them again onside for the 3rd goal as much more of a problem. De Gea didn't aim for the centre and if we had someone coming back, we won't be talking about De Gea.

mav_9me

A draw that feel like a defeat.

Should have been a comfortable win but ended up as two real stupid points dropped with the last kick of the game.

The defending and goalkeeping by United for the goals conceded was woeful. United are as good as any team going forward in this league while defensively a number of teams at bottom can defend better and don't gift as many goals to the opposition.
We have the most goals conceded in top 10.

Eternitiy

Bruno, Cavani, Greenwood were all excellent in retaining possession and link up play. Shaw was superb again.

Lindelof, Wan Bissaka, and Maguire - very poor composure.

I hope to never see de Gea in a United shirt again.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good performance, somewhat dodgy defending, poor game management from Ole. Also really didn't like that Bruno passed it backwards from that free kick near the end. We're not a team that's particularly good at keeping possession at the back. We'd be much better off keeping it with our attackers.

Delano

Cannot understand why Maguire plays his own line at the end. Constantly does it because of his lack of pace.

He stays in the line and they are offside. Pathetic.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Haven’t seen us piss points away like that since the 4-4 against Everton in 2012

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This feels that 4-4 disaster. Need to overhaul defence. Way too slow

VivaRonaldo85

I despair. We changed to a new system with 3 CB’s with two minutes to go. Ok you could say it’s just another defender in the box but suddenly Maguire and Lindelof are unsure about who is picking up who. Basically if Ole doesn’t make the sub, Greenwood holds the ball up and we win the game. Tuanzebe smacks of a squad player with no game time. Pathetic dropping of two points. Everton love being party poopers and we let them in. Battle for top 4 now.

UDontMessWith24

You reckon he specifically told DDG to shit the bed, twice? :confused:
Focus, discipline and composure at high levels come from leadership. Rashford continues to squander opportunities in the final third because he knows he’ll never be dropped. This isn’t a freak occurrence either is it?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Wtf are you talking about? First goal is solely De Gea. Third goal Sky are all over De Gea as well. Clearly you’re the one chatting shit.
Course they are. Can't have the golden fridge be at fault for anything. It's funny how it's always our non-English players who are at fault.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This feels that 4-4 disaster. Need to overhaul defence. Way too slow
The only things that made that worse were the fact that we were so close to securing the title that year, and that totally killed our momentum.

And the fact I had a 4 hour drive after stewing on it!

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 20% Man Utd 3:1 Everton