PL W FA Premier League

Everton 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 November 2023

JediSith

We haven't overcome anything since it's ongoing and there's no evidence that will end any time soon. At this point it's obvious it's self-inflicted and nothing to do with "bad luck".
Even more remarkable if you’re right.. although I disagree that the injury crisis is ongoing. I think our injuries now are more normal and what you’d expect to be able to deal with.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Great spirit, clean sheet and Goal of the Season. More technical issues:

1. Lindelöf was eaten alive by DCL in 1st half. 80% of problems came from this. Can’t wait for Licha return.
2. Shaw (understandably) not at his best but still infinitely better than anyone at LB.
3. Bruno is sh*t but still has end result.
4. Höjlund must learn from Martial. Runs, tight space, pausing, all those litttle things that make Martial great when he’s in mood. We don’t need a young £75m Wout Weghorst.
5. Obama for presidency

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Typical home game where we should score two or three but end up losing.

TheReligion

Abusive
That first half was an bad as anything we’ve served up in the post Fergie era. Just an absolute disasterclass from all involved (Mainoo & Garbacho aside).

ETH is lucky that Garnacho is a genius & Ashley Young is a crap defender.
Did you bang your head in the second half?

Salford_Red83

I thought we played well to be honest. Usual issues but we looked better with the return of Shaw and Mainoo really impressed.

Judging by the comments on here though we were absolute garbage.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great spirit, clean sheet and Goal of the Season.
Agreed.
More technical issues:
1. Lindelöf was eaten alive by DCL in 1st half. 80% of problems came from this. Can’t wait for Licha return.
Lindelof was excellent, I thought
2. Shaw (understandably) not at his best but still infinitely better than anyone at LB.
Shaw very authoratitive.
3. Bruno is sh*t but still has end result.
Bruno was a contender for MOTM.
4. Höjlund must learn from Martial. Runs, tight space, pausing, all those litttle things that make Martial great when he’s in mood. We don’t need a young £75m Wout Weghorst.
5. Obama for presidency

Woodzy

I thought we played well to be honest. Usual issues but we looked better with the return of Shaw and Mainoo really impressed.

Judging by the comments on here though we were absolute garbage.
Average would be a better word.

We definitely didn’t play well.

The Purley King

Rashford and Bruno I both scored a 2.
Rashford because the pen was good but gave the ball away almost every single time he had it.
Ditto for Bruno but lovely pass for the pen.
Mainoo head and shoulders above everyone else. Not sure what that says about us, perhaps he really is special but there are two players in particular who aren’t delivering at the moment and it’s hurting us.
Can’t complain about a 3-0 away at Everton though!! (Even though I just have)

Gator Nate

You're lunatics, the lot of you. Despite almost universal doomsday predictions pre match, cauldron of passion, Everton against the world, team in form, us further decimated with injuries etc, we come out with a 3-0 win. And you're more miserable than ever. This is where we are. Shite final 25 in the first half, an element of control apart from that, 2 great goal, 3 goals from actual attackers, great performance from Mainoo, Onana imperious, leadership from Bruno, confidence booster for Rashford.....
Cheer up, you miserable shower of cnuts.
This. I'll post more later, but this is just how I'm feeling reading throught the first few pages.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Brilliant result. Awesome goal. Clean sheet. Wa-haaay!
Edit. Also some great results around the top of table...
Edit. Mainoo wonderful on his debut...

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
This feeling of contentment after a United game is new to me and I don't know what to do with it really. It's been fecking ages.

ClassAct147

Garnacho goal was pure class. Did fantastically to make anything out of yet another mishit cross from Dalot.
It was clearly meant for Martial but rocketed over his head. Mainoo looking promising out there.

pascell

Aside from Mainoo running things for us, I also thought Branthwaite was brilliant for Everton, most definitely someone who we should be looking at next summer.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I have slightly higher standards than complaining about every single fecking thing and being unable to find enjoyment out of a 3-0 win away from home against an in form, fired up Everton.
+ 1

Denis79

Hopefully this gives us some momentum. And what a fecking goal that was!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Average would be a better word.

We definitely didn’t play well.
First half, no. But we absolutely played well in the second half and were really composed. Not sure how anyone can be disappointed with it after what we’ve largely been subjected to this season

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
After reading a few comments here, it's quite clear to me that the CAF has a high % of miserable motherfeckers in its ranks

Maniron

Rashford was a much better player after he scored, he is a confidence player (which is why we such extremes in form) and credit to Bruno for letting him take the penalty

adamwest

Rode our luck at times but were well worthy of the win. Played some very good stuff. Mainoo was top drawer, Shaw made such an impact coming in. Good day out.

bosskeano

really good 2nd half performance....Mainoo should be a starter moving forward as he's so composed on the ball

solid defensively for the back 5

still too disjointed in the attack with the 3 forwards

Terry Chango

I have slightly higher standards then going to a team that have spent the last two seasons fighting relegation are currently 19th (14th without the points deduction) and spending the whole first half being throughly outplayed. It’s not good enough.
What a miserable * you are man.

Great result, let us enjoy it and take your negativity elsewhere.

What makes the premiership so good is the level of competitiveness and the fact anyone can beat anyone with a bit of luck as it’s uber competitive.

Therefore. Feck off with your logic that you cant celebrate a match against lower opposition even if the performance has faults.

I’m assuming you don’t go to away games, but if you had today would you have been sat down like wet lettuce moaning about “ it’s not good enough” whilst the rest of lads and lasses buzz hard.

Your standards :lol:

ExoduS

We are only 6 points from the first place, and it feels like we should be at least 16 points behind. Maybe we can get some momentum and climb toward the top. Today's result and the goal could be a sign of better times ahead!

Fts 74

Best overhead kick I've ever seen better than Rooneys as Garnacho was going away from goal to meet it, just sensational. Lost the plot for 25 minutes in the 1st half and we we're lucky to be ahead at half time.Second half much better scored a couple 3rd one was a lovely goal.Mainoo was fantastic, outstanding full debut looked calm and composed he's got a huge future if he keeps his feet on the ground and keeps working hard.

Onto Wednesday now let's see how we go.

tomaldinho1

You thought the first half was good?!
Just such unnecessary exaggeration. Away at a riled up Everton and we hung in there a bit first half, then ended with a comfortable win. It was far from the worst we've seen unless you started supporting United this year?

Cantonagotmehere

You're lunatics, the lot of you. Despite almost universal doomsday predictions pre match, cauldron of passion, Everton against the world, team in form, us further decimated with injuries etc, we come out with a 3-0 win. And you're more miserable than ever. This is where we are. Shite final 25 in the first half, an element of control apart from that, 2 great goal, 3 goals from actual attackers, great performance from Mainoo, Onana imperious, leadership from Bruno, confidence booster for Rashford.....
Cheer up, you miserable shower of cnuts.
Right on mate.

Cantonagotmehere

Mainoo, Onana and Bruno excellent.

Garnacho goal and threat. Love it.

Away at Goodison with the vibe this week, very proud of the squad.

Rashford.....not sure what to say. McT and him were very poor today.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Fabulous goal by Garnacho.Super ball from Lindelof to Rashford to start it.
Very encouraging performance from Mainoo.Fingers crossed for him.
Have mixed feelings about Bruno handing the pen to Rashy. Let’s just say it worked but I wouldn’t approve.
Good to get Shaw back.
Good result.
Keep it going now.

El Presidente

Even more remarkable if you’re right.. although I disagree that the injury crisis is ongoing. I think our injuries now are more normal and what you’d expect to be able to deal with.
We had 10+ absent first-team players. It's not normal.

Man of the Match

Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 74% of 326 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 306 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw