PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Tue, 18 May 2021

Widow

The game got worse the longer it went on. The response to their goal was almost as bad as conceding.

I expected us to not be at 100% with the league almost done but Fulham didn't look great but our attacking players just didn't click today.

It probably feels worse because of the last few weeks results. Although losing to Roma, Leicester, Liverpool and this draw had little impact on the table/cup, it's never nice to have this kind of little blip, especially before a cup final.

Oh well, we move on!

Coops73

It's always been true. The magical 71 points (woohoo) doesn't change that. Even Chelsea (forget Liverpool and City) are much better coached then us
No it hasn’t, twats on here think they know it all. We’re so poorly coached we’re in the Europa final and potentially finishing 2nd in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

You think you know it all.

justsomebloke

Two wins in seven fecking games. The same fecking mistakes being made game after game after game I’d say that was a pretty big and real problem.
Yeah well, we're still finishing second and are in the EL final, so maybe you should have some sense of fecking perspective. Most people are sick and tired of reading this bullshit as soon as something goes badly.

Cast5

We've lost 3 out of 4 games and drawn to a relegation side, AT HOME. I'd hope for a reaction from the fans since the team isn't reacting lately.
Already through vs Roma, played against Leicester with our C team, lost to Liverpool who are a good side 4-2 2 days later, drew today against Fulham in a game that meant absolutely nothing to both teams. Get over it.

bsCallout

What could the City fans possibly cry about!!!!!! Oh sht Brighton are playing well against us but...we are winning! We are champions by 13 + points points and we are in the Champions league final. Not a good comparison at all
Both seasons are over. Our players are playing for nothing in the league, you can tell by the performances of both. It's a fair comparison.

hobbers

No it hasn’t, twats on here think they know it all. We’re so poorly coached we’re in the Europa final and potentially finishing 2nd in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

You think you know it all.
We wouldn't be in the Europa final if we hadn't humiliated ourselves in the CL group stage now would we?

bsCallout

Already through vs Roma, played against Leicester with our C team, lost to Liverpool who are a good side 4-2 2 days later, drew today against Fulham in a game that meant absolutely nothing to both teams. Get over it.
Glad it's not just me. Whole lot of bizarrely upset people in here about a nothing game.

Dobba

Both seasons are over. Our players are playing for nothing in the league, you can tell by the performances of both. It's a fair comparison.
They have a B-squad to fill a starting XI and subs bench, all trying to play their way into a CL final squad. Our B-squad is our subs bench (most of whom the Cafe want sold/replacing) and Shoretire.

bsCallout

They have a B-squad to fill a starting XI and subs bench, all trying to play their way into a CL final squad. Our B-squad is our subs bench and Shoretire.
Are you claiming City are playing their B team?

Edit: And if they were(they're not), then shouldn't the be performing better as those players have something to play for?

SirMattlives

I don't accept the 'nothing game' mentality. The fans were back for a home game, that's motivation enough to play. At least manage to keep a clean sheet!

makcikkaulawa

what was Pogba doing on the left? so frustrating. is he suppose to cut inside and cross or shoot? all i see most of the time he dwells on the ball too much and gets dispossesed. or his link up with Shaw is not producing enough. Are we that short of pure left winger with pace to run at defenders?

the only player i see putting in effort is Cavani. run after loose balls and pressing defenders.

AWB poor positioning is still not sorted out by the "coaching staff". do we even have those "coaching staffs" to begin with..

sighhhhhh....

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They talk like we’ve just lost 7-0 to Liverpool and been relegated. Very strange.
It isn’t very strange. It was a massively frustrating game which we couldn’t put to bed. The criticism is justified in my view.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Wasn’t in to watch it but I’m assuming we were shite if we drew 1-1 with Fulham.

We’re gonna lose the Europa final aren’t we?

manichester

The club is an embarresment from top to bottom, can't even be bothered to put in a performance for fans who have waited a year to wtch a live game.

bdspeedy

Good grief that's a shite mentality to end the season on. Explained away in the language of losers.

edgecutter

Disappointing to drop 8 home points in a week but if Leicester fail to beat Chelsea then we are guaranteed second place tonight
This isn't something to celebrate, it wasn't celebrated under Jose and it shouldn't be the case this season.

van Nistelrooy

Disappointed with the lack of #GlazerOut protesting in the ground.

Barely heard a chant against the ownership.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Crap game, typical end of season fare.

That protest stuff really threw the team off their stroke.

G Nev said about you can't just turn form back on, and that has to be the worry for the cup final, but I think as long as we rest the big boys at the weekend, we should be ready to go next Wednesday.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Feel pity for those who turned up today after more than a year. And don't know what to say to those who are hinting we would have won if Mason didn't blow the whistle exactly at 94 mins.
Straw clutching at its finest :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Crap game, typical end of season fare.

That protest stuff really threw the team off their stroke.

G Nev said about you can't just turn form back on, and that has to be the worry for the cup final, but I think as long as we rest the big boys at the weekend, we should be ready to go next Wednesday.
We did against Leicester and that turned out well against Pool.

Someone has to show some fecking balls
Out there

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really disappointing today with the fans back in attendance. Fairly worrying.

Inigo Montoya

Don't disagree but Pogba was no better....terrible situation in CM again.

Imagine if we had Tielelmans instead of Pogba....
Tielemans wouldn’t last 5 mins at Utd. He couldn’t live with the expectations. One bad pass and he’d be slaughtered.

Imagine him turning in a performance like he did against Newcastle

RedMarcus

What is the point in allowing the keeper to waste about 40 seconds then not adding the time back on?

That aside we were really poor again today. Its a very disappointing end to the season and we wont win the cup final next week if we play anything like this.

We desperately need a centre back to pair with Maguire next season and a central midfielder to replace Fred who is no where near the standard required.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We did against Leicester and that turned out well against Pool.

Someone has to show some fecking balls
Out there
We still had a day less rest against Liverpool, which people overlook.
That adds up.
But all that protest guff certainly helped LIverpool. Brilliant.

Inigo Montoya

Was very disappointed that VDB couldn’t affect the game with the 4 mins he had. Very poor again

jem

I love how this team think they can just coast until the end of the season and then turn on a performance in a European final.

These bottlers are not beating Villarreal.
It fecking drives me crazy - how any of these guys can be complacent is beyond me.

alsabi

At least it looks like we're closing the gap on City as things stand :wenger:

Inigo Montoya

The fans should have booed them off.

Meanwhile Brighton are beating City. Now there’s a far better coach in Potter

Inigo Montoya

To those saying how good Tielemans would be in our side. He’s currently playing like Fred against Chelsea

RRCE

A very disappointing performance, given that there were fans in the stadium for the first time in ages. The Cavani goal should have lifted the team and inspired them to put in a real performance, but it just didn't happen. We're losing all momentum as the season grinds to a conclusion. As others have pointed out, it's worrying for the final, as Villareal will be difficult to beat.

What Wan-Bissaka was doing on the goal is absolutely beyond me. I would expect him to tuck in if we're outnumbered and he needs to leave the wide man free in order to provide cover in the middle, but that's not at all what was happening. I honestly don't know if it's a lack of coaching or a player just repeatedly switching off in those circumstances, but it's a chronic problem.

A frustrating and disheartening game.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 167 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham