PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Tue, 18 May 2021

pauldyson1uk

WTF was that, draw at home against a relegated Fulham.
But even worse, first fans in the ground for over a year and some still LEAVE EARLY !!!
Shocking end to the season , last 3 games, dropped 8 points TOTALLY UNACCETABLE !

RedIan

Decent first half, stunning goal - second half complete dog shit defending.

AWB yet again sucked into the middle completely forgetting he is a full back and ignoring his fullback defensive position.. we have lost so many goals from his side this season that ive lost count.
shaw was weak in the tackle in the build up...
Fulham had a couple of other decent chances..

The team let us down second half.

1 point from the last 3 games is just not good enough.

Judas

Open to offers
We just look so half arsed at times, we created barely anything, but should have created more if we weren't so pathetically sloppy. So many guilty of not making really obvious and basic passes.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
What a let down. Might be worth a wee bet on Villarreal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
TBF, we do struggle against relegation candidates, so this was to be expected.

redom

Hopefully we're saving one more top performance for the final then.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Feel pity for those who turned up today after more than a year. And don't know what to say to those who are hinting we would have won if Mason didn't blow the whistle exactly at 94 mins.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
WTF was that, draw at home against a relegated Fulham.
But even worse, first fans in the ground for over a year and some still LEAVE EARLY !!!
Shocking end to the season , last 3 games, dropped 8 points TOTALLY UNACCETABLE !
It was like 3 blokes on camera and for all we know they were having a choreographed piss.

Unless your post is a WUM. Which would make more sense.

Roboc7

Often happens that teams switch off when in a final, not a good sign but given it’s been a long hard season it was always likely.

15 point gap to City, one of lowest points totals for a runner up for 20 odd years, that’s a fair reflection of the team and manager. Lots of work and investment required.

stu_1992

Really flat end to our home games this season, which is very disappointing considering the fact that it was the first game back for some fans. With the exception of that magnificent goal, not a memorable game. Annoying as second place was there to be secured but sure look, it can happen in this more or less dead rubber games. I do agree we should be winning though, if only to get some momentum going.

eire-red

Falling over the finish line is never a good trait. It's a strange situation to be in, having nothing left to play for in the league, but draws like that have been a symptom of our entire season.

It's hard to turn it on and off, and at the moment I wouldn't bet on us to win the final, and it's not easy to kick back into gear this late in the season.

On another note, Fulham time wasting for a point when already relegated. These teams love to play their heart out against us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Totally agree. Unfortunately we are stuck with Solskjaer.
He manages to just about do enough to get by. Always. Which is now as a club what we're about. Just giving the fans enough to continue believing. Don't see us winning anything major under Ole.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Turned it off at half time. I can't watch this Mcfred at home lark against shite teams anymore.
McTominay was the best player on the pitch! Fred was ok too. That was definitely not the problem in this game. The likes of Pogba and Shaw have lost their competitive edge. They better get it back. Not sure I would even pick Pogba for the final.

bsCallout

Seems like a lot of people had a bad day at work or got out the wrong side of the bed.

This is pretty much just minutes in the legs for our players at this point to keep them ticking over.

We have top 4, 2nd place pretty much secure(not that it matters) and we are waiting for a final next week.

City are currently 1-0 but Brighton are looking the better team. Not sure there fans will be crying too much.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Too many players looking to showboat

Shaw should have squared it to Cavani at 1-0
Bruno should have passed when getting the rebound
Too many trying Hollywood shots when players were in better positions

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yet again I cannot find anyone worthy of being named MoM. Embarrassing but not surprising. Called the 1-1 this morning (while saying we should win by three). Same thing time after time and people here still defend Ole. He is incapable of inspiring this lot - at times we can't even pass; our set pieces are a joke and we know exactly who will start each game and that the tactics won't change.

some woeful performances: AWB is one of the very worst full backs I've ever seen, out of position so often, Pogba doesn't dominate against crap sides,we know the defence is going to give sides chances again and again and there seems very little leadership on or off the pitch. total shite

UpWithRivers

Dog shit. How we can be so good one minute and absolute trash the next is beyond me.

Bertie Wooster

So frustrating. :mad:

Well, as I've been saying for a while - and mocked for it by some - it's a bloody good job Leicester and Chelsea dropped those points in recent games. We're now at that stage when we're watching that match needing Leicester not to win otherwise we either risk losing 2nd by resting players v Wolves - which we should - or unnecessarily gamble on their fitness for the final in order to try to get 2nd spot.

Hopefully neither option will be necessary as Leicester will drop points v Chelsea. But, even if they do, we're only in that position thanks to Leicester and Chelsea dropping points in recent games when many on here wanted them to win because "we've already got 2nd sown up". If they'd won those games as well, which many wanted, we'd probably be 3rd already by now.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Ole protecting his players fitness, nothing wrong with that.

This was essentially an exhibition.
The final won't be an exhibition and they won't have a chance if they expect to coast their way into trophy winning form.

Rustyspider13

With each game that passes by, my worries worsen a bit more. We've lost all momentum going into the final. I genuinely don't know what can be done to restore the intensity we had before. It's like Maguire's injury has made all of our players wary of being injured and they are playing too casually at the moment.

I'll be disappointed if we don't finish 2nd. EL is a must now. The mentality questions will be asked if we don't win and rightly so.

Sour grapes point: Fulham wasting time for a point and Lee Mason buying it even after booking them was truly the epitome of PL refereeing.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Some nice football here and there, but mostly pedestrian as feck and infuriatingly casual in attack at times.

Fulham can feck of though. They have nothing to play for and they stick 10 men behind the ball and kept fouling all game. Of course that useless hog Mason does not see it

siw2007

Disappointing result in front of the home crowd. We had plenty of the ball but didn’t create enough, didn’t take the chances we did get and of course in this division you get punished.
The team is looking quite flat in these last few games, Maguire missing is bad enough but can’t help but feel a little worried that we won’t be able to get going in the EL final.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Seems like a lot of people had a bad day at work or got out the wrong side of the bed.

This is pretty much just minutes in the legs for our players at this point to keep them ticking over.

We have top 4, 2nd place pretty much secure(not that it matters) and we are waiting for a final on the weekend.

City are currently 1-0 but Brighton are looking the better team. Not sure there fans will be crying too much.
What final on the weekend?

caid

Hard decisions for the final i'd say. Thought Fred and Bruno were very good in the first half, struggled in the second when fulhams midfield took control really. Hard to say much positive about anyone else, Cavani took his goal well. Front 3 didn't do enough, defence was panicked. 90% of our goals against must be a cross to the back post at this point. Feels like a weekly occurrence.
Shaw, Wan Bisakka, Rashford, McTominay haven't really been performing that well for a couple of months at this point. I think they've all had a good season but look busted and in pretty poor form. Not sure how you construct a midfield that isn't McFred at this point of the season (wasn't convinced by Pogba once again, just not enough involvement and influence for a player in that position). So just have to hope they find a bit of form in the next week. Our defence looks panicked and ropy, getting Maguire back to hopefully settle things again looks like a must.

mav_9me

Abysmal form going into europa final. Complete loss of form. Doesn't bode well.

I guess too many games is one factor but still terrible terrible performances too.

Matthew84!

Played well first half, Shaw had another bad game, he could of cut out the goal with a stronger challenge but guess with the final coming up doesn't want to get injured.
Pogba was rubbish, Rashford hardly did anything when he come on,
Hopefully its just they've got nothing to play for. Will make this years point tally easier to beat next season

hobbers

Finishing the season like we started it. Hideously.

And if we bottle the final it's going to rattle any of that belief the players might of had that we could be competing for the league title in a years time. And Ole will be rightly back under immense scrutiny from the first kick of a ball next season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No pride in that performance, with the fans back in the ground you’d have thought they’d want to put a good show on for them. We’re really sleepwalking our way to the final, one win this month as it stands.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
15 points to City is a bit gutting but can't read much into this game. They are on holidays, we are just waiting for the EL final, at least the fans saw a nice goal
Oh...so that makes it okay.
1 point from our last 3 games.

If our players are thinking this way (and I hope they aren't), it explains why this set of players will never win the league.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not sure why people are mentioning Villareal. Yes, it hasn't been a great end to the season but I can assure you that the players will be up for the final. If we lose, it'll be because the opposition was better on the day, rather than tonight, where we felt we could coast through it.

That being said, we were the dominant team tonight and got into good areas on numerous occasions. Oftentimes, we made the wrong decision and as a result of that, failed to kill the game.

mu4c_20le

The final won't be an exhibition and they won't have a chance if they expect to coast their way into trophy winning form.
We lost to Spurs and Arsenal before we went on to win the EL. With a squad this thin, all Ole cares about is not picking up silly injuries.

Real Name

It was a good season, unfortunately we're finishing it of really badly. Worrying form heading into the final.

And it just gives Ole outers more ammunition and they really don't need too much to start.

mav_9me

Turned it off at half time. I can't watch this Mcfred at home lark against shite teams anymore.
Don't disagree but Pogba was no better....terrible situation in CM again.

Imagine if we had Tielelmans instead of Pogba....

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 167 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham
  • 24% Man Utd 3:0 Fulham