PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Didn't see that is there a video.
I don't know how to get these videos. It was towards the end of the game. Maybe some highlights somewhere?

Canagel

It's a sickening result really. I can't believe we have thrown that away. Just cannot believe it. We should've been 4 or 5 goals up in the second half yet it seemed we gave Leicester every chance possible to get back into it. Terrible game management from the players. Smelling was limping badly yet no one had the common sense to get in that position instead. What a disaster.

AndyMUFC

That's what happens when you don't take your chances. Lingard, Rashford and Martial's finishing is too inconsistent at times.

Still bloody frustrating but not as frustrating as it would've been had we been closer to City.

Marcky411

Christ, some of the knee jerk reactions to the manager situation. I forgot that Jose landed in with a club that has amazing players left here by Moyes and LVG. We have made progress from the absolute soul destroying football of LVG and Moyes. We are back in the top four ahead of other clubs that finished way ahead of us last year and Jose is starting to put together his squad and shifting the dead wood that was left here. There has been progress, but because City are walking the league we should start to sack our manager. We haven't even been in a title race since Ferguson.
Oh I am sorry I never knew we were aspiring for top 4. We have the greatest manager in the world yet after 18 months we have no style or identity of play, besides defending at all cost and that we don't even do well. Half of the players on the field were Mourinho signing.
How long are we going to blame everything on Moyes and LvG?

Hed Zitin

This team is so naive.

Nowhere good enough. Can't win a game they deserve to win.

Smalling is finished. Hoof merchant shit.

Womp

idiot
how on earth we put an injured player to mark the opponents tallest player at the last second of the match
Jose tried getting Herrera at RB and Lindelof in CB apparently, but Herrera refused.

Btw anyone got footage of this? I love Herrera, favourite player at the club but if this is true that's absolutely fecking unacceptable.

JG3001

Sacked by June, forced out of Milan, Sacked by Chelsea, Sacked by Real Madrid, Sacked By Bayern Munich

He might have had some success from inherited teams and in some places maybe even created it. But I don't like his personality, I don't see him as a United manager. And quite obviously his past suggests he is not very successful over an extended period of time.

Might be a harsh and slightly bias assessment as I aligned him to part of the Abramovich mercenary history and the buying of the league, but it is what it is. I don't see him as more than a temporary patch and I want something more sustainable.
Fair dos, interesting to hear someones assessment. Gonna be difficult picking the new guy after Mourinho. Just not that many options in general.

Edit: Just to be a bit lenient on Ancelotti, Mou has also been sacked by two of those teams. And the Bayern one, IMO, was harsh

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Some compare Rashford to Mbappe and Dembele. He is very overrated and soon it will be clear for all to see.
It's clear to everyone but the most hard-core, red-tinted glass-wearing fans on here. The sad thing is I feel he is regressing, I'm not seeing a lot of progress from any of the players under Mourinho at the moment. The numbers both for him and Martial are better, but I don't see their game being really much better since they first burst onto the scene.

gulli_G

All the small time Mourinho-haters getting their jibes in as usual. Guys, you can't blindly blame the manager every single time. It's better to pick the right games to do it otherwise you start to lose that impact and start to look like you're just bitter.

Jose's teams have all pretty much been labeled 'powerhouses' at some time or another when he's managed them. This clownfest today was definitely not something he would deliberately want to happen. How stupid is that? "Hey boys, get out there and play like you don't care and don't have 2 balls between them legs eh?". We just didn't have it on the field, and that little spat between Lukaku and Herrera where he played it forwards while Herrera stood there expecting it back sums up our 10 outfield players. No movement, passing only to feet so oppo defenders have it easy, terrible finishing, can't hold on to a ball for 2 secs, these players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

We have too many average players of average intelligence, average technical ability, average mentality, average composure etc. etc. They play above their level sometimes, but like today, they also play well below it sometimes. End result over the course of a season: Average. We are 3-4 class players and 3-4 good backups away from challenging convincingly and hopefully the people in charge have the foresight to see this and address it in the coming winter/summer transfer windows.
Could not have said it better, can someone pin this post.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Should've won that. Although at this point a draw is not exactly league trophy nullifying stuff.

hn4manunited

One of those days. I knew it would be with those chances squandered.

Someone has to take the leadership on the pitch towards the end there. Should we hold the ball or try to get another goal. It’s like the players didn’t know what they wanted to do.

Fully Fledged

Oh I am sorry I never knew we were aspiring for top 4. We have the greatest manager in the world yet after 18 months we have no style or identity of play, besides defending at all cost and that we don't even do well. Half of the players on the field were Mourinho signing.
How long are we going to blame everything on Moyes and LvG?
Until Joses leaves then we will blame whoever comes in after him.

AlwaysRed66

I don't understand.

Mourinho did everything right, he changed the right players, he was encouraging players to attack in the last 10 mins.

The guys just wasted too much silly chances, what happened?
Actually he didn't. Henry made an interesting observation that when Mourinho swapped Lindgard with Herrara, the impetus of the match changed, with us defending deeper & Leicester getting more chances to go forward despite having 10 men. He said to Redknapp he wouldn't be surprised they scored, & they did.

Herrara is pointless in attack, & not much better defending. Also when Smalling got injured, Jones wanted to reorganise the defence bringing Lindahof in the centre & Herrara out to right back, but the overrated prat seemingly refused to go there. I have said it before, but surely, he must be first out of the door.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Jose tried getting Herrera at RB and Lindelof in CB apparently, but Herrera refused.

Btw anyone got footage of this? I love Herrera, favourite player at the club but if this is true that's absolutely fecking unacceptable.
Wait, he refused to do what Jose said?:eek: Oh dear..

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We should have put the match away and paid for it. Could have easily been 5-1 by that point. But why De Gea is sitting on his goal line when a ball is crossed into his 6 yard box from 35 yards away is beyond me. He has saved our skin on several occasions but that last goal is on him. He's gotta get better command of his box. He let Maguire tap it in from 3 yards out when he should be easily catching or at least punching that one away...

Jacko21

There's the Christmas spirit, pile on an injured player who should not have been defending
Should’ve had the foresight to notify his teammates sooner, get treatment and not go back into defence to leave Maguire unchallenged.

ghagua

Lots of blame to go around for this match, but Mourinho needs a word with Rashford about his greedy play. He is young and strikers need to be selfish, but that break in added time when he could have easily put Lukaku through might have cost us 3 points. This is not the first time I have seen this from Rashford, and it is not down to inexperience, but I think selfish play comes down to it.

crazylegz

we have got into a habit of letting goal leads slip under mourinho, rarely did it ever happen under fergie during the premiership years

Coxy

We should have put the match away and paid for it. Could have easily been 5-1 by that point. But why De Gea is sitting on his goal line when a ball is crossed into his 6 yard box from 35 yards away is beyond me. He has saved our skin on several occasions but that last goal is on him. He's gotta get better command of his box. He let Maguire tap it in from 3 yards out when he should be easily catching or at least punching that one away...
De Gea has saved our skin on more than several occasions mate - entire seasons.

Even if you’re right and that last one was on him - we can forgive him the odd mistake after what he has done for us

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Should’ve had the foresight to notify his teammates sooner, get treatment and not go back into defence to leave Maguire unchallenged.
Hmmmm, that' sounds like the managers job

hubbuh

That's what happens when you don't take your chances. Lingard, Rashford and Martial's finishing is too inconsistent at times.

Still bloody frustrating but not as frustrating as it would've been had we been closer to City.
That's the depressing silver lining. A win solidified our position in second, a draw leaves it open.

mav_9me

We didn't defend we had 4,5 chances to kill them of.
We had 3 chances on the counter, gave the ball away about another 5 times in their half, sat back and invited them to cross the ball into the box about 5 times before we conceded.

If you see the pattern in the last 15 min it was defend and counter. Yes the counter was pathetic and the inability to keep the ball was abysmal. But we chose sitting back in the box to head crosses. That's the defending I'm talking about.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It was Jose's fault he bought Martial off for Rashford, unless he was injured, it was a foolish move. Martial was our best player tonight. Never brings Lukaku off, barring a couple of chances created, he was crap. Looked at his movement all game, 9 times out of 10 he stood ball watching on the edge of the box.
Sorry man, but our attackers need to be able score from clear cut 1 on 1 chances.
Lingard had an open goal and missed.
Jose cannot go on the pitch and score on behalf of our attackers.
His tactics were spot on, which enabled our attackers to create many good chances. If our attackers are scared to shoot or miss the goal when they try to shoot, that's on them.
They need to practise shooting - something I would be doing if I were paid £100k pw. In fact for that amount, I'd be dreaming every night of shooting the ball into the net.

MarchingOn

Makes me sick. Should have been 6-1

Our players have let everyone down today

My only question for Jose: Why the feck is that clown Mhikitaryan getting minutes?

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd