PL W FA Premier League

Liverpool 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 March 2015

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Superb result. Mata and Herrera were absolutely brilliant. Rooney wasn't. But who cares. Great day.

Traub

I'm a lazy cnut, but I wish someone would make a thread about our results in the big games. LVG really knows what he's doing.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Double over Liverpool, Stevie Me letting his composure slip in his last game against us, going 5 points clear in 4th and within touching distance of 2nd.

Today was a good day.

We're in danger of becoming a big game team again. Our players were up for it from the start. They pressed well, they handled the occasion and imposed themselves. Mata was terrific along with several others. Rooney wasn't great though. Still we made it hard for ourselves at the end like we usually do.

suheilsworld

What a game! Mata was absolutely on fire! Last week I said that he might be the only one from that starting eleven whose place would be in trouble and how wrong have I been proved.

We should have closed this game by the hour mark but missed the chance. Also, was a chance to get that GD up but credit where credit due and I am not going to be nit-picky today. Great win, great play, great performance by the lads and huge confidence booster. Cmon!!!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
A win at Anfield (deserved one). Two great goals. Stevie Cheat red card showing his true 'gentleman' side. What more can you ask for?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Smalling and Jones great.

Herrera is some upgrade from the likes of Cleverley.

Mata shows us all that speed isnt everything and can play very well on the wing.

LARulz

Should have let Mata take the penalty. I'll take the result gladly. Disappointing after we went 2-0 up in my opinion.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Amazing to get the 3 points and a win at Anfield but the best part of this was that first half performance, we made them look like amateurs.

suheilsworld

What a game! Mata was absolutely on fire! Last week I said that he might be the only one from that starting eleven whose place would be in trouble and how wrong have I been proved.

We should have closed this game by the hour mark but missed the chance. Also, was a chance to get that GD up but credit where credit due and I am not going to be nit-picky today. Great win, great play, great performance by the lads and huge confidence booster. Cmon!!!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Oh yeah, and Carrick was fecking horrendous.
get a fecking grip. He owned up to his mistake in the Liverpool goal, but we don't dominate Liverpool in passing like we did today with Carrick being "shit".

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Stevie Cheat had the cheek to ask the ref to red card Herrera after the stamp. Him going hard on Mata was OK but nobody can come into a tackle with him just as hard??

Hed Zitin

Yes! 4-3-3 is the way forward.

Herrera and Fellaini were immense today.

Stevie me getting sent off was the cherry on top and that skin head cnut is going to get three games too.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
great in the first half, eased off way too much in the 2nd. Mata, Herrera, Fellaini all excellent. ADM still a worry, but he certainly never hides. I just hope he can get his act together.

ThaReaper01

get a fecking grip. He owned up to his mistake in the Liverpool goal, but we don't dominate Liverpool in passing like we did today with Carrick being "shit".
So owning up to his mistake makes it ok? You get a fecking grip. United aren't under the kosh for the entire second half against ten men without Carrick being shit. If he was anything more than that United are only under half as much pressure.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Still a long way to go to secure top 4 with this win. But I'm happy that we are closer to second than fifth.

matt23

:lol:

Brilliant. Special mention to one of the players I've always criticized, Fellaini was fantastic today, one of those games where I'm not sure it would have been the same game without him.

So proud

DevilRed

Unbelievable performance. Should have scored more goals really! Had Rooney bothered to turn up today it would have been more than 2 goals.

Other than Rooney, everyone played well. Special mentions of course to Mata and Herrera. Bossed the game and dominated them for most of the 90 minutes.

Thought ADM was a bit hit and miss. Gave away the ball a lot but also created one goal and made a great pass to Blind which won us the penalty. Unlucky not to have delivered a better cross on the breakaway with Rooney wide open. Hopefully he continues to get better.

Fellaini was immense too. Everytime we needed an outlet for the long ball he basically brought it down with ease. Jones and Smalling for the most part were solid. If they can stay fit you can tell they will form a special partnership.

Daley Blind silently just going about his job and making that left flank impenetrable. Its a real dilemma for LVG whether to play Shaw or Blind in that spot now.

Carrick was superb too other than giving away the ball for their goal. A real important 3 points for us and as dominant a performance as I've seen at binfield. I hope squirtle gets a ban for that stamp.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If we can get a result against Arsenal at home then 2nd place is on. Positive.

Will Singh

Words can't discribe the feelings I'm going through, Slippy G made my day better with his scouse tactics and Mata..... feckING CLASS

Danny Boi

Thank God for Mata and Gerrard.Skrtel's a right cnut at the end too.

Shyftyy

I know it was a really close game but the passing differences are amazing :)

Man Utd
Passes - All
460 out 562 successful

L'pool
Passes - All
302 out 402 successful

Besides the win , the soccer progression over the last 2 games have been fantastic as well.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Sweet.

We were the better team and both the Gerrard and Skrtel stamps were definite red cards. Maybe Jones was a bit lucky but beyond that I'm not sure what Liverpool can complain about. Only positive for them was Sakho, who I thought was quite good.

Hope Arsenal beat them next and seal top four for us. Happy times.

Also, I love Juan Mata. Like, properly love.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Smalling had a massive game today, really looked good in defence, Jones was ok, did a good shift. Mata of course was sensational, Herrera was brilliant. Fellaini, Blind both shone too. Oh and Mata should've had the penalty. 3-1 would've been a fair result, Liverpool were lucky they kept the score down :D

Woodzy

Outstanding first half. Nervy second half with plenty of drama but a great day and can't fault the teams efforts.

That Arsenal result certainly seems to have flipped a switch and we starting to see some stand out performances.

I'm very nervous about Di Maria though. Great assist for Mata's second but he was very poor again.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Absolutely ecstatic. I haven't felt like this since the Fergie days.

And the Steven Gerrard fairytale continues :lol:

Get In Scholesy

It was great performance from us in 3/4 of the game. You can never expect to dominate your fiercest rival for a full out 90 minutes - especially us at Anfield. The scoreline made it seem closer than it was but all is forgiven - I'm going to savour every minute of this.

Oh and Mata and Hererra are brilliant together.

Last edited:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Smalling and Jones great.

Herrera is some upgrade from the likes of Cleverley.

Mata shows us all that speed isnt everything and can play very well on the wing.
Jones is a cuddy bring in Rojo asap. Rooney was poor Carrick was ok and Herrera was superb along with Mata.

Man of the Match

Juan Mata image Juan Mata 94% of 1119 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 878 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw