PL W FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 January 2016

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
:confused: DDG justifiably won MOTM, that doesn't happen if the opposition create nothing
Go and have a look at the match again. Apart from the Emre Can save from the outside, there was nothing special from Liverpool.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'd normally be ecstatic with a smash and grab against this lot, but the manner we approached the game was disappointing.

It seemed like we were actively slowing the game down, ignoring counter attacking chances and playing long forward balls for Sakho and Toure to gobble up.

Still, a win is a win. Onwards and upwards.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I really don't know for how much time this philosophy can carry when we'll be clearly up against stronger opponents soon.

Lucky win. We need game changing players. Not much changed but at least for today I'm not giving a single f*ck about our obvious troubles.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Ideal moment to repost this...

You can have a limo, but end up being driven to a tent. You can wear Armani shoes while holding a sign ‘’homeless’’ and have a mismatch. You can produce dreamy creamy cupcakes, but if your the only mouth to feed, nobody will taste it. The Anfield crowd will be shattered into nonexsistent wind and the eyes of United fans worldwide will glaze like diamonds. They will fabricate their own joy but end up in a nigtmare. They will wake up in a pool of sweat hearing the echo of United fans cheering, reminiscing the red marching army scoring the winner at the kop end. Kings will be born and the slaves will remain slaves. Trumpets will be blown while those who taste defeat will only hear the sound of their chained ankles resigning to their Faith, the sound of iron, rhytmically brushing the canvas. The motion of defeat, the sound of nonexsistent wind and now smile, because those who wear the Reds will return with the victory.
That is so bad

lysglimt

Scout
Thought the criticism is a bit unfair - defensively this was one of our best matches all season - not good going forward but after our defensive play the last couple of weeks - I gladly take this today

jem

Underwhelming, but thought we were better in the 2nd half. My stream was all over the shop at the beginning of the game, but it seems LVG made the right calls in taking off Herrera and Lingard. Fellaini looked marginally better today (but still has no business playing in that position.)

Mr. Meeseeks

Absolutely amazing. We dont deserve it, but I Certainly am loving it. Against Liverpool no less!

..I almost love the feeling of stealing an undeserved win against Liverpool more than beating them convincingly. feck the cnuts.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Completely undeserved but who gives a feck.

Great win.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Smash and grab isn't quite the right phrase, as it's not like they battered us for 90mins.

They're a poor team, average squad and their best couple of attackers out anyway, but all that matters is we've won, and top 4 is right back on the agenda again.

RedStarUnited

I'd normally be ecstatic with a smash and grab against this lot, but the manner we approached the game was disappointing.

It seemed like we were actively slowing the game down, ignoring counter attacking chances and playing long forward balls for Sakho and Toure to gobble up.

That annoyed me so much!!

Rooney up against 2 bigger and taller defenders is never going to win anything. And as for counter attacking, we are the worst pass selectors in the league. Every one of our players just makes the easiest and least dangerous (for the opposition) pass they can make.

Akshay

Staff
Our games at Anfield often aren't the best so not too worried about the performance. Result is very good and makes up for some of the god-awful scores as of late. Still a long way to go for this team.

lysglimt

Scout
Oh yes - and I need to give credit to CBJ - 18 years, next to none experience, Anfield away and an outstanding performance. Our left was a lot better after he took over from Darmian

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Thought it was an impressive, disciplined away performance

Very well organsied for the most part

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
van Gaal just can't drop points against Pool, love it! :lol:

That doesn't solve any problems and it wasn't a good performance, but for today I am happy.

Spock

We deserved the win. No shit referee calls, no beach balls, no freak injuries to key players.

Great keeping counts as much as anything else. We scored, they didn't = deserved win.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Go and have a look at the match again. Apart from the Emre Can save from the outside, there was nothing special from Liverpool.
They had a number of close shots. Nobody is saying they were special but saying they created nothing is obviously wrong.

Get In Scholesy

Smash and grab, I'm happy regardless to be honest. At Anfield, I'll take it.

American NBC coverage of football. :lol:

First post game comment:

LVG got his tactics spot on tonight. :nervous:

Second comment:

There are only two teams with a negative goal differential in the top 12. Palace and Liverpool at -3. That tells you they concede more goals than they score. :lol::lol:
It's piss, isn't it? :lol:

They get blokes with English accents to make it legitimate, but it's all so poor.

kiddaa

I do not understand the disillusioned fans here. Instead of being happy about the victory, we are complaining about performance and boring soccer. Nothing is good enough for you guys. I am beginning to hate this forumn. Lets be honest we were playing with makeshift midfield, and right back. How can you expect awesome performance? Be happy that we won, and believe in your team.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
£250m spent on players and the plan was to hoof the ball to Fellaini. Awful match, but a good 3 points. LVG survives another day.

Moriarty

Thought the criticism is a bit unfair - defensively this was one of our best matches all season - not good going forward but after our defensive play the last couple of weeks - I gladly take this today
When you consider that we're playing with only one recognized full back and one real centre half, It was a good display, albeit a bit shambolic at times. If we didn't have De Gea to save our arses, our defensive shortcomings would really be obvious.

Smores

Louis bad, performance bad, result amazing.

Pretty much sums it up I think. Huge points 'earned' here

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They had a number of close shots. Nobody is saying they were special but saying they created nothing is obviously wrong.
What close shots then? Apart from the save from outside the box, De Gea didn't make one very good save, because he didn't needed too. 19 shots and only 4 shots on target tells a story, they were better than us, but all this media narrative that they were dominant is wrong.

Tosicsleftpeg

How can people complain about winning at Anfield? Was a poor game but we won and are now only 2 points behind 4th. Now it's time to build on that and get a few wins, such a good feeling.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

I don't get how any of us can be anything but delighted after beating Liverpool away

Especially after the run we have been on

This is one of those good days

dasty

I love beating the scousers this way because their moans and tears will be priceless. What a win!

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 633 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Liverpool 2:1 Man Utd