PL W FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 January 2016

manufanatic

"crazy"
Liverpool defense of the corner lost that game it was awful Mata had hours to pick out big hair then Rooney pounced. Over the two games away 4 points is deserved.

WyoManU

I thought we were extremely poor. We lacked desire and the pool players must've outrun us by a large margin. Their midfield was far more aggressive and showed a much better range of passing and ball retention. I still think we are looking worse and worse and I really think LVG needs to go now, and certainly in the summer regardless of his contract. That being said, such an undeserved winner at Anfield can only make a true United fan smile.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I missed the first 30 minutes or so, but from what I saw Liverpool were the better team in the first half (I was quite worried during the 15 minutes that I did see), but then despite what the commentators were going on about we were the better team in the second half.

Moonwalker

American NBC coverage of football. :lol:

First post game comment:

LVG got his tactics spot on tonight. :nervous:

Second comment:

There are only two teams with a negative goal differential in the top 12. Palace and Liverpool at -3. That tells you they concede more goals than they score. :lol::lol:
Did John Madden finally switch to real football?

Skills

Snitch
Not even going to bother complaining about all the shithead performances. We just fecked over Liverpool.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
We played as shit as ever, We got extremely lucky But I don't care for once, beating liverpool is always sweet and I can let our awfulness slip for this game.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
DDG very good
Rooney and Martial tried hard with the little service they had
Lingard was even more awful than against Newcastle, he's so weak physically.

Very average performance but we won against Liverpool so very happy with the result

Have come to the conclusion that our main problem is not the lack of talent, not the lack of numbers, not the number of injuries, and not even the manager - I think the problem is that the average IQ of the majority of the squad is about 10

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is not the day to complain about anything. The win is all that matters and I'm thankful for the 3 points - at the end of the day, results are what matters. We can deal with the rest of our problems in time, but keep eeeking out wins if we can and that should help, not least with confidence.

Pleased for Wayne - doing it at Anfield too where he doesn't usually have great games! Lovely:drool:

Natener

I haven't laugh this hard during a Man United game this season. Performance was poor but to win against Liverpool at Anfield this way is just hilarious.

SalfordRed1960

Thought we played to plan perfectly.

Not saying we played well, but we let Liverpool have the ball in non-dangerous positions. It was clear what our plan was, I just though Lingard and Martial had poor games, giving the ball away far too easily.

Smalling is starting to worry me he has started to digress and makes some really stupid fouls.

Well taken goal. Game should probably have been a draw, but makes up for the Newcastle result. Can't believe Arsenal didn't smash them.

redhoop

I thought it was a dire performance in terms of exercising any kind of control - I still can't believe they didn't score - and they are shite. But, beating the lowlifes is always so, so sweet. I love it.

Riz

van Gaal just can't drop points against Pool, love it! :lol:

That doesn't solve any problems and it wasn't a good performance, but for today I am happy.
Yeh I'll give him that, his record since he took over:
Liverpool 1-3 United (pre season friendly)
United 3-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-2 United
United 3-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-1 United

So discounting the friendly - P4 W4 D0 L0 GF9 GA2

MDFC Manager

What close shots then? Apart from the save from outside the box, De Gea didn't make one very good save, because he didn't needed too. 19 shots and only 4 shots on target tells a story, they were better than us, but all this media narrative that they were dominant is wrong.
You're right. Both teams were rubbish.
Agreed with both. They were marginally better, but by no means were they hammering us.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Great 3 points, great finish from Rooney and United must hold on to DDG.

On another note is Klopp really good or overated, i feel the latter. I mean many managers would get slaughtered if they stuck a big CF on followed by a big CH and bombard the opposition with high balls.
I understand this is not his team, but i am not convinced he will be a success in England.

ghagua

Will take the win any way it comes. Woody should offer a big bonus to Rooney to break the goal scoring record this season. Maybe we can make that top 4 if he keeps scoring.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Getting a result against Liverpool is always much more important than the performance. Van Gaal's ''philosophy'' has obvious, glaring weaknesses, yet he still makes the scousers cry :smirk:

prateik

I don't think they were, we were just very very lucky.
They dont have a striker. They couldnt finish their chances.
They played with 6 midfielders and we played with 2 strikers and Fellaini. Them controlling more of the game isnt a surprise.
Its a trade off.

They are pretty toothless. We took our chance.

togg

I was one of those who feared a bit of a mauling, so what a wonderful feeling to be wrong. Always feels so dam good to win at Anfield, regardless of how we play. To be honest, we mostly got outplayed there even when Fergie was in charge....although we often nicked it...:smirk:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Jesus this place has made me depressed somehow after that

Some of you seem gutted

It was a very typical Liverpool v Utd game. It was tight for the most part and although they had their chances we were set up really well as an away team going into a big game. Lvg deserves a lot of credit for the win too.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
We were lucky but dug in and got a huge huge result. Over the moon, result is always more important than performance in games like this!

Golden Nugget

Rooney worked his ass off and deserved his goal. Martial tried all he can - on another day he would have scored. De gea was brilliant once again.

Everyone else were terrible until our goal; midfield was cut through quite easily; defending wasn't as solid as it was.

After the goal, defensively very solid.

Horrible performance - absolutely fantastic result.

Mr. Meeseeks

I love that it was a 0-1 as well. A specialty winning scoreline of ours lately. Can you taste the Philosophy Liverpool?

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 633 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Liverpool 2:1 Man Utd