PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:5 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 October 2021

MrSingh2002

I couldn’t imagine wanting Conte but now I think we have the majority of players that he would need to get us winning. He won’t stick around of course and some of the football may lack imagination but we won’t lose any games 5-0.
I'll take that and he won the Premier League with a similar calibre squad.

We can do it with a proper manager. There is zero sign at all that Ole is the right man to be our football team manager.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Neville wants to blame the players but refuses to call out the obvious - the manager is out of his depth.

SplitzMagic

Maguire is not a captain.

He said this result wasn't embarrassing... What a clown!

crossy1686

career ending
What are you on about? I'm not saying it's happening now or tomorrow morning. I just know there's a possibility he won't get the sack, and that's worrying.
I know, that’s why I’m saying you shouldn’t let it keep you awake. He isn’t going anywhere until we go out of Europe and lose a few more.

Blood Mage

Imagine watching your life’s work be undone right in front of your own eyes
To be fair picking Moyes to be his successor set all of this destruction in motion. Great man and he'll always be one of this club's greatest ever figures, but still.

United Hobbit

Just sat back on the coach for the 7 hour drive home

That was the most pathetic, spineless, abysmal performance I've seen in a long time. And that says something after some of our performances lately

There was no desire, so much back sideways passing as if we were the ones 4-0 up.

No pressing. No work rate. Just jogging about casually. No trying to win the ball. No hard tackles. If I hadn't been there I'd have had said we were playing a non league side in the fa Cup.

He can't hide behind the red card as we were already 5 down at that point. Liverpool could have got more but took their foot off the gas. I was just waiting for Fred to get sent off as he clearly hadn't learnt from the PSG incident and kept him on

He was in his seat a lot of the first half. That just sends the message to the players this was acceptable. Or he doesn't know how to fix it so no point him standing up

He HAS to go. I'd have got rid of him after Leicester and never would have renewed him as all the signs were there. Get rid of him now, sign a decent midfielder in the January transfer window and we may JUST win a trophy

Thanks for that goal Ole but we MUST separate Ole the player and Ole the manager. He'd laid some decent foundations but it's time to go.

That was the worst performance I have seen in a long long time. I'd say he's lost the dressing room, the players have a lot to answer for they were playing Liverpool ffs but Ole must be sacked. Tonight.

The fans were fantastic, trying to rouse the team along despite being 5 down. Interestingly, I didn't here the Ole's at the wheel song (good) bar from the Liverpool fans

If someone could link me to what he has to say after this I'd be grateful!

I think he may just walk. Just a feeling I have

I was actually shaking at half time with anger.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Remember at the start of the season when a thread on here genuinely was asking if we had the best attacking options in the history of club football. Our squad isn't nearly as good as people think.
Having a good attack is all well and good, if you can actually make space for them and give it to them in good positions. Your midfield is not a top 4 midfield. That’s pretty much where games are won and lost

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I know, that’s why I’m saying you shouldn’t let it keep you awake. He isn’t going anywhere until we go out of Europe and lose a few more.
Oh no, that's not what I meant. I cant sleep tonight because this is the first time watching us made me depressed. My mind is a jumble is now, words are difficult.

Kaos

Glad to see Neville getting called out on Sky. He needs to give his Baghdad Bob defence of Ole a rest.

Kevzter

Consistant individual errors... It's Shaw, he is a fecking liability in this team... Don't believe me, watch our games this season and this one was the cherry on top... always cannot put a block in and out of position in every defensive phase.We always concede from that left back position. Hell against Everton he was found at right back for the Townsend goal. People were arguing with me when I said it before... that he was player of the season... bullshit. Being English does not make you automatically a great player....Jose was right... SHAW IS SHITE!

I feel we could have outplayed them but we were playing like scared girls in the first half...too defensive and didn't want to play with the ball, that was the game plan because it worked before but not the right move. .

Bruno and everyone skying shots because they can't think clearly as we were too nervous. First 5 minutes in and we could have been on top. Bruno could have passed to Rashford for a tap in even.

And let's not start with Rashy, because he was busy studying for his fecking MBE... the useless c*nt. Could've went for his surgery instead of waiting till after Euros and needed to recover in our new season... Stealing a living. Should concentrate more on his football because we pay his fecking salary.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Not good enough.

Time to dust ourselves down and go again.

Ole has got 6 days to figure out a plan to turn this around against Spurs.

Only joking. Ole's gone.
I saw the white text, so you jest.
But the owners are so inept, they probably will keep him on, telling the world that we'll "go again".

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I wasn't surprised in the slightest, I have to say. It was building up to this for weeks if not months. I am also not expecting any reaction from the club, manager or the players.

RedCheekz

Embarrassing….

The only good thing to take from this result will be if Ole goes.

Ixion

Our 2nd place finish last season was deceptive because of Liverpool's problems and Chelsea starting with Lampard. At the end of last season we were not the second best team in the league. The start of this season all things being equal has shown how things actually are.

mu4c_20le

Maguire is not a captain.

He said this result wasn't embarrassing... What a clown!
He isn't a United man, so I don't expect him to understand the rivalry. Watching him pretend to was a bit painful.

However, it's not his fault he was handed the captaincy. It just goes to show the lack of leadership we have, which I suspect is also part of the reason why we can look amazing at times and then stroll around the next.

Hampshire Rec

Tried so hard to stay on board with Ole but today is the final straw!
sick to my stomach after watching that today
He has to go and soon will break my heart as he means so much to a lot of us but has that doomed look that Moyes, Jose and LVG had.
time for a change but fu*k knows who?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Cowardly got feck all to do with it. He did the best he could with the players he had. At this point I admit that most managers could do better but no reason why you have to insult the guy with shit like that.
You're blaming the players? Maguire is unfit, and has been rushed back from injury. Ole has Bailly, possibly Jones can't be arsed to check but he takes the easy way out, probably assuming in his head that Maguire can positive vibe his way into conjuring up a decent performance.

When Ole leaves, McKenna and Carrick should be off as well. On-job-training coaches shouldn't be anywhere near a club with the expectations of Man Utd.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Have the upmost reapect for Ole. He did his best and pulled this team from near falling if a cliff to 2 cpnsectuve top 4 finishes in the most competitive league in the world. I think we all wanted him to succeed but he proves that he can't take us to the next step. I hope he realizes it himself and resigns because id hate for him to be sacked.

crossy1686

career ending
Oh no, that's not what I meant. I cant sleep tonight because this is the first time watching us made me depressed. My mind is a jumble is now, words are difficult.
Ah okay, with you. It’s super fecking shit but soon there will be the feeling of a new Dawn when a new manager is appointed and things get exciting again. Until then take a break if needed or steer clear of media talk for a bit. It doesn’t help the whole mental health

MonkeysMagic

The fact that scousers stopped playing after 60 min just to not score more possibly in the hope that Glazers don't sack Ole, did it for me!

crossy1686

career ending
Ole should go, McKenna and Carrick can’t stay either, I feel sorry for Phelan but maybe he should stick around to help the new manager integrate?

frostbite

Losing 0-5 to Liverpool at home is so extreme ... I actually feel nothing! It is strange. Perhaps it's like this because I have been convinced since September that Ole has utterly failed and there is no way back for him, another false dawn will not do work this time. Sacking Ole felt inevitable for a long time now.

OrcaFat

I'll take that and he won the Premier League with a similar calibre squad.

We can do it with a proper manager. There is zero sign at all that Ole is the right man to be our football team manager.
Ole is a good man. A United man. Did some good stuff here. But the last 15-20 games have been poor, with the odd exception. After three years of building that should not happen.

I backed him for so long because the results were not in the sack zone, but now they are. I would take anyone from Europe’s top five leagues over keeping Ole now. Many, perhaps all, will fail but we have nothing to lose any more.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool