PL D FA Premier League

Newcastle United 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 27 December 2021

Djemba-Djemba

In all of 2021 how many good games have we seen from Utd?

It genuinely must be about 2 or 3 good performances in 12 months, must be the worst year for watching Utd in decades.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Every pass, inaccurate. Every touch, wayward. Every decision, brainless. What the hell is going on with us. We are cursed.

Ixion

We have the most expensive squad in the league don't we

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Relegation fodder points donation charity back in service.
It does seem that way.
Whenever we play a team near the bottom of the league, they usually beat or draw against us.

Reddy09

Varane was OMG!! what a bad performance, can't even play pass. Shit performance.

GMoore23

This is why Klopp didn't want to come here. Disney land for adults were players are spoiled over paid bitches afraid of hard work.

Rangnick will really struggle to turn this around, the divas at this club just aren't willing to work hard in a modern pressing system.

siw2007

We were very lucky to come away with a point, Newcastle were the better team tonight and that is pretty sad. It was a dreadful first half, 2nd half was a bit better, Cavani made a big difference, Rashford showed a few flickers of his old self when moved out wide left, David De Gea was brilliant, not much else to shout about though.

Ralf really needs to get into this team and to ring some changes for Burnley.

united for life

what happened to gegenpressing? We’re not doing that around here anymore? Change in plan? What is the plan anyway? How many times did players change position today? Why players are played out of position?

again, de gea saves the day. Embarrassing performance against a very weak team

mu4c_20le

On the back of the Ronaldo bounce. He then lost 4-1 to Watford so let's not start suggesting Ole has something over Ralf.
I'm not, I'm just saying that we should be steamrolling this lot

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This exact match happens about 15 times a season. It’s also incredibly obvious how the game will go from the first 10 minutes. Going to start just turning games off when I see it happening because why the feck do I put myself through that?

Drawing to that atrocious Newcastle side is embarrassing.

IRELANDUNITED

Do Newcastle try that hard every week? Can’t see why they are about to be relegated if they can play that well.

Betson

We deserved noting out for the game , just a lack of urgency all round. We were content with the point once we got the equalizer. There is not real ambition or urgency form the players , if we are honest we are not top material and at this stage would be an over achievement if we got top 4.

Barthez

Newcastle played a cup final, we played a shite Newcastle. 1-1 was a fair result.
The only conclusion I can reach is Newcastle deserve to be relegated and we are battling for a realistic 4th place.

TrueRed79

It's actually unbelievable how shite we are. Embarrassing performance. Bruno is literally shit on a stick this season. Alarming drop in form. So many others awful. Matic came on just to give the ball away. Pathetic cameo from him.

90 + 5min

Don’t worry, everything is normal. Our players will earn weekly wage and managers will get blame.
DeGea, McTominay and Cavani can get credit.

NK86

Never seen so many under hit short passes in a game as was played by our players. Diabolical. The starting 10 outfield players and the subs, all were absolutely shite.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Drink this in;

We clung on for a point with more De Gea heroics against 19th place Newcastle side with 1 win all season, with a makeshift defence and who have a historically bad attack.

That's how hopeless we are.

ken11

The year is 2022. Its Summer. A warm sun shines in the air. Harry Maguire is still on the ball.

He'll pass it soon...

He must.

Right?
Why hasn't he gotten a yellow for time-wasting when on the ball is beyond me. At least 5 mins of extra time there.

Polar

First halv was painful and the last 10m was heavy for my heart and nerves.

Godfather

Lucky we got one point. And thanks to another great performance from DDG. We play like dog shit. I wouldn't even call it football

eire-red

Starting Rashford on the right should be a stackable offence at this stage. I've not seen a single positive in 90 mins tonight, we're not even having a new manager bounce.

Too many stars trying to be the hero. Bruno trying to threat the needle at every opportunity. Didn't think Greenwood deserved to be subbed, and as bad as Fred was, the subs left us exposed and imbalanced.

Lots to be worried about.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Sancho should be the first name on the team.

You all can see the reason why Bruno was asking the fans not to put all blame on Ole.
Half of our starters need to take a hard look at themselves.
Maguire is taking HOURS on the ball.
McTominay does literally NOTHING on the pitch.
Rashford plays like he doesn’t care.
Bruno himself needs to fecking play it simple sometimes. Always tries the spectacular..
Greenwood just wants to shoot every time he gets the ball.
Shaw, Telles and AWB all are useless. Dalot only fullback with decent performances this season.

It feels like we're just utterly hopeless as a club. I lowkey can't imagine United ever achieving anything significant again. We're cursed.

Dreadful performance but nothing surprising about it.
Exactly. We are a lost cause. Not surprised in the slightest.

::sonny::

A good point against a direct contender

For the rest nothing new,
walking dead players,
Newcastle looked like Man City,
Maximin Ronaldinho,
Shelvey Zidane
Longstaff Xavi

De Gea motm

Seen this hundreds of time

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Utd really poor in the final 3rd. Lucky to get a point in a tough game. Newcastle spent half the match rolling about on the deck until Utd equalised, I hope they get relegated.

Will Singh

fecking bunch of whinging idiots. You just got outplayed by Newcastle. No GOATS tonight just a bunch of pussies. Half that team can feck off out of the club just a waste of space. It’s the players that’s the problem not the managers, they’ll throw Ralf under the bus too…!

King Eric 7

ASM was better than our entire forward line combined. We could have done with a player like him today.

Sancho should be the first name on the team.

You all can see the reason why Bruno was asking the fans not to put all blame on Ole.
Half of our starters need to take a hard look at themselves.
Maguire is taking HOURS on the ball.
McTominay does literally NOTHING on the pitch.
Rashford plays like he doesn’t care.
Bruno himself needs to fecking play it simple sometimes. Always tries the spectacular..
Greenwood just wants to shoot every time he gets the ball.
Shaw, Telles and AWB all are useless. Dalot only fullback with decent performances this season.
Dalot was terrible today. Worse than anything AWB has served up.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 90% of 292 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw