PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 Queens Park Rangers

Post-match discussion

Sun, 14 September 2014

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Alonso has a huge endurance but he's not a beast physically, I mean, he's not Yaya Toure. In modern football, it would be difficult to play with players who are not physically imposing, but it's still possible. Blind seems to have a good tactical sense to overcome his physical weakness. If he has endurance, he'll be like Deco (and he was successful at Barcelona).
He's no Yaya Toure for sure. I guess its that time he took De Jong's boot to the chest in the WC Final and didnt drop dead that has me championing his physical virtues.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
'Arry didn't take the defeat too well did he? Said there wasn't enough space on the train as all United fans were back to London, as well as questioning how we'd do against Chelsea. Oh and he also said his keeper didn't have a save to make in the first half, although he let in 3 goals. We really must've got under his skin yesterday :D

JUPITER

Can you feel it my brothers?
its so good
so warm and comfy
that post-win glow
hello old friend
Very good, my friend. I think the following quote pretty much sums up how I feel after the game...

"I'm playing the Wolverhampton Festivus? Oh my God, I'm in the money! Everything's gonna be all right, I AM gonna be a legend! And you and all of this depressing shit will just be a little footnote in the massive biog of how rich and fecked up I eventually became!"

Red_Aaron

Very good, my friend. I think the following quote pretty much sums up how I feel after the game...

"I'm playing the Wolverhampton Festivus? Oh my God, I'm in the money! Everything's gonna be all right, I AM gonna be a legend! And you and all of this depressing shit will just be a little footnote in the massive biog of how rich and fecked up I eventually became!"
Lets form a supergroup from the members of Hard-Fi and Kaiser Chiefs :drool:

Glanville95

One highlight in particular was the tempo in our play and build-up from deep, which van Gaal even eluded to, is something that had to improve. Obviously, QPR standing off and allowing us time on the ball played a big part in that, but Blind was even more instrumental in midfield. A constant option on the ball and used the ball economically with pace. It was refreshing to see us monopolise possession from the off and rarely have to revert to long-balls from deep like we did so often against Burnley.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
We'll learn a lot more about the team in the next few weeks.
Promising stuff, but QPR were shocking. And this is a QPR that lost 4-0 away to a Tottenham side that looked poor against Liverpool.

I want to see how we play against more ambitious/higher quality teams, who actually try to keep the ball and attack us, especially away from home. When we start consistently showing good game management and control in those games I'll start saying "we're back!" etc.

Mali_Zeus

'Arry didn't take the defeat too well did he? Said there wasn't enough space on the train as all United fans were back to London, as well as questioning how we'd do against Chelsea. Oh and he also said his keeper didn't have a save to make in the first half, although he let in 3 goals. We really must've got under his skin yesterday :D
:lol: Embarrasing.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
It was nice, very nice. But it was QPR.
You'll be told that "It was only MK Dons, Burnley, Sunderland and Swansea"
But the fact that we struggled so much against them says more about how bad we were in those games than how good we suddenly are now.
Tactics can look great for one game - we even had our games under Moyes. So lets see how they do for us in the next month.

Positives but still a lot to prove.
We had a feel-good factor today; it wont always be this easy.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You'll be told that "It was only MK Dons, Burnley, Sunderland and Swansea"
But the fact that we struggled so much against them says more about how bad we were in those games than how good we suddenly are now.
Tactics can look great for one game - we even had our games under Moyes. So lets see how they do for us in the next month.

Positives but still a lot to prove.
We had a feel-good factor today; it wont always be this easy.
Quite. I think we are obviously on the up but indeed we cannot afford any more bad performances. I think we will qualify for the CL and I even believe we might be able to challenge for the title if we beat the clubs in the top 4, even just the once at home. But, a long way to go and our first real test over a month away against Chelsea. Home to Everton prior to the Chelsea game will be telling I feel.

NessunDorma

Here's an interesting little graphic from StatsBomb. Each players average position on the pitch over the 90 minutes. With the circle they're represented by getting bigger or smaller depending on how involved they were during a given period.

1st half:

2nd half:

Watch Vargas when he comes on for QPR in the 60th minute. Either the people who compiled the graphic have made an error, or Vargas was making some very strange runs. :houllier:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
What is interesting is that I don’t think our front three was very good. It was the first game for a long time since the midfield won it for us. Rooney shows some encouraging signs, Mata has improved but I don’t think it was anything special from him (apart from very good positioning). RVP is in poor form definitely but with Falcao and Januzaj it won’t be a problem.

Man of the Match

Angel Di Maria image Angel Di Maria 73% of 1010 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 705 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Q.P.R. win
  • Draw