PL W FA Premier League

Queens Park Rangers 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 17 January 2015

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
It annoys me that Valencia gets chance after chance after fecking chance to play, and is absolute gash.

I don't like where this team is headed, and this result merely papers over some very serious cracks. LVG is the problem, no question about it. It honestly feels like he is actively trying to be impossible with his bullshit decisions.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So how's the fecking balance in a 352 with Rooney as a midfielder, Di Maria as a striker, Blind as a wing back and Jones as our corner taken then, genius?
Spot on! He's talking absolute drivel,

Fahad Jawaid

I felt when we played the diamond the reason we looked so vulnerable from the left hand side was down to Rooney, we were actually playing Carrick on the end of diamond, while Fellani on the right while Rooney on the left with Di Maria in the hole, everyone was performing their task brilliantly Fellani was dominating the right side, Di Maria looked threatning for once, likewise he was his usual calm and composed, Rooney looked awful, he kept giving the ball away, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. He left Blind exposed, and they had 2 vs 1 on soo many opportunities. I don't understand why we can't play a Diamond like this, not only with Herrera, Blind and Carrick we would be very secured defensively we will have enough creativity in the middle with Herrera and Di Maria. And please play Rooney as a striker, he just can't play quick one two's in and around the area which is needed to unlock the defence when you have possession like we do in 3-5-2, he plays it to Valencia who ruins every fecking attack.

Carrick
Herrera Blind
Di Maria

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Did LVG call QPR 'Queens Park Raisins' on sky? I was round a friends and just heard that bit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He should do a 4-3-3 then. More balanced than either.
Yeah. Or just play midfielders in midfield and forwards up top, just a thought. Of course we won't be balanced when he's intent on playing rvp, Rooney, Falcao, Di maria and mata all the time. We need just 1 striker, 3 midfielders, and then 2 roaming players or wingers like mata, rooney and Di maria. 4 of them at once is fine, in their right positions. I don't like the 3-5-2 but even with it we'd create so much more with Di maria in midfield and Rooney up top, baffling why he doesn't do it.

In Rainbows

We dont have wingers for 4-3-3 unless you play Di Maria on the wing and bring back januzaj in the team
The 352 already stunts our attack. I think we are all in agreement that the diamond gives us the best attacking football, but leaves us vulnerable at the back. A 433 reverts us back to a back 4, so it benefits the attack much more than the 352, but also allows the wf/wingers to help out the fullbacks.

I mean he used it against Chelsea, but now it's not good enough against the lesser teams?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah. Or just play midfielders in midfield and forwards up top, just a thought. Of course we won't be balanced when he's intent on playing rvp, Rooney, Falcao, Di maria and mata all the time. We need just 1 striker, 3 midfielders, and then 2 roaming players or wingers like mata, rooney and Di maria. 4 of them at once is fine, in their right positions. I don't like the 3-5-2 but even with it we'd create so much more with Di maria in midfield and Rooney up top, baffling why he doesn't do it.
We have forgotten how to make teams worry about us, instead of the other way round.

Mister Ed

Absolutely abysmal performance - we should have won 5-0. Really shocked at what I saw, expected better after the Southampton performance but instead it looked much the same, poor passing, decision making poor, generally very poor. De Gea again did his job well - yes we won but it was touch and go for long periods of the game Qpr could have got a result for sure
Lol why should we have won 5-0 we are not playing at home we were playing away. Not many teams have won against QPR on Loftus Road, it is not an easy 3 points. QPR never were in this game, hardly created anything at all. DDG made some good saves as did the QPR goalkeeper. Falcao alone could have scored 2 or 3 today but was quite wastefull infront of goal.

We looked bad for the first half playing that 3-5-2 and especially with Di Maria as a striker that just doesnt work. I'd be surprised if LVG would keep on doing it in the next couple of games. Second half we were decent imo, not a major performance but beter than what we have seen in the previous games.

Andy_Cole

The 352 already stunts our attack. I think we are all in agreement that the diamond gives us the best attacking football, but leaves us vulnerable at the back. A 433 reverts us back to a back 4, so it benefits the attack much more than the 352, but also allows the wf/wingers to help out the fullbacks.

I mean he used it against Chelsea, but now it's not good enough against the lesser teams?
Well we're playing Rooney out of position anyway and playing him in midfield. May as well change his position again and put him on the wings.

Mister Ed

I'am all for 4-3-3 but it would be a weird formation with this selection. You have RVP, Falcao and Wilson and only one of them could play in a 4-3-3. We have only 1 player that I consider as a good winger and that is Di Maria, for a 4-3-3 you need atleast two, so we would be forced to play Januzaj or Young on that position for most games. You need 2 fullbacks instead of wingbacks in that system and neither Shaw nor Rafael has really looked good this season and they seem very vulnerable for injurries (in fact Shaw is looking like a real waste of money thusfar).

The diamond fits our squad alot beter, iam not convinced we can play and effective 4-3-3 with this squad, I think we might be equally vulnerable as with the diamond and could actually turn to be less effective in attack.

bishblaize

We did it vs palace and were terrible, so it's still not a silver bullet.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He always said that once we have a fit squad we would move away from 3-5-2, now with Rojo back we should hopefully go with the diamond again.

Kostur

海尔的老板
On Match of the day he said we played like Qpr in the first half :lol:.
Well we've played 70 long balls (31 successful) and QPR have played 60 long balls (27 successful). Obviously we've played more passes overall but it's still pretty rich that he's said in the pre-match presser that we don't like their style because they play long balls.

VanGaalEra

Not an easy place to come (ask Liverpool and City) and QPR have a good home record, so im pleased with a clean sheet, 2 goals a win and we created a number of chances.

As pretty much like everyone else, don't like 352.

ThaReaper01

Apart from a combined 18 goals and assists in 30 games.... Can't believe this nonsense is creeping back after he's been comfortably our best outfield player the last few months.
Conveniently forgetting that he's got 5 goals and 3 assists in 19 games despite playing in his 'favored' position in every game. I'm a big fan of Mata, don't get me wrong. But he has been, by and large, fairly poor this season. Not that the formation is doing him any favors but he's not been good enough.

thelemon

Nice to get the win. Important.

That's about it. Ugly game, shockingly poor technical level.

Still far from convinced with LVG. 352 must die.
Read this as "far from convinced with 352. LVG must die." :nervous:

Evans off for Wilson is the best thing to happen this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Conveniently forgetting that he's got 5 goals and 3 assists in 19 games despite playing in his 'favored' position in every game. I'm a big fan of Mata, don't get me wrong. But he has been, by and large, fairly poor this season. Not that the formation is doing him any favors but he's not been good enough.
I agree the first few months he was relatively invisible, but since the start of december until now he has been fairly consistent and class almost every game. I criticized him earlier on for going invisible in games and just letting them drift by him, but he started taking control of games and just generally getting more involved and showing his class. Today was just an off day IMO, as he still created that one chance for Falcao brilliantly but other then that was a bit sloppy. Didn't go hiding or anything though. As you said as well, the formation isn't helping anybody but he was one of the few actually pulling his own weight.

caid

Thought mata was poor today but hes been great for the 2 months previous to this so wouldn't criticise him too much.
Could see him get dropped with di maria back though tbh.
The football we played in the last 20 mins was honestly the best we've played in weeks. I'll be tearing my hair out a bit if we go back to 3-5-2 next match.

Bwuk

Quite frankly - it was far from good enough.

Another poor performance. A poor QPR side managed 18 shots against us, despite us dominating possession.

Thank god for De Gea.

Jones was horrible. Made some absolute shocking passes. And his continued attempts to mimick Rio and keep punting long balls ahead is maddening. We lost the ball so many times because of this.
Well by standard performance i mean he didn't make any stupid mistakes and despite his best efforts in the second half didn't injure himself/any of his teammates.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I know how we all hate 3-5-2, however, there was a QPR fan on 606 last night who was saying how organised we looked. His words were that we looked like 2 x number 5 dice, and we kept to it. I think, even playing 3-5-2, if Rooney and Di Maria swapped round, it would be so much better.

rover

when we accused lvg played diMaria & rooney out of their natural positions, look at what would be our midfield if they switched their positions at the start of the game:

mata, carrick, diMaria

none of them can provide physical strength in midfield to withhold a counter.

after the game lvg mentioned pace is the reason why he played diMaria upfront.

i'm convinced creativity is also one of the main reasons for playing diMaria there. he just restrained from speaking it out in public due to respect to rooney

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 500 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Q.P.R. win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Q.P.R. 0:3 Man Utd
  • 14% Q.P.R. 0:2 Man Utd