PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Southampton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 December 2017

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Matic had most of our shots. Nemanja Matic. With 4 attempts and 1 on target. 1 on target is the most any of our players managed...

I say again, Nemanja Matic had our most shots today.

But like every week I know that Miki and Smalling will get the blame
Mkhi was the worst player by far. There is no conspiracy about that

mav_9me

my missus said before they started and the players were warming up:'Why aren't the players bothered about doing it properly. The trainer is doing it properly and it looks like the players are not bothered". They looked half-arsed.
It's easy to always say the players are not bothered. There is no real evidence for that.

Just because they are not playing well doesn't mean they don't care.

vidic blood & sand

Struggling to stay awake watching that..
Feeling old remembering the likes of Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes, Rooney, Ruud and of course SAF.

How did it come to this?

Delano

Shocking. We didn’t even look like scoring and our attacking patterns of play are woeful. Spurs put 5 past these the other day and we barely laid a glove on them.

TsuWave

This is part of our problem. SAF is gone. We need to move forward and stop bringing up his name every time! We need to look towards the future and not the past.
yeah, i'm looking to the future with Fergie.

its a joke bruv. relax.

Bruce Wayne

Again very poor going forward. United really needs proper wingers or change formation.

I don't understand why Herrera didn't come on to make 4-3-3. The amount of crossing is unreasonable because there is no one in the box to do anything about it. All hopes on some lucky bounce.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Players don’t care, not one of them looked hurt or was willing to put themselves on the line to make something.

Too careful and cautious, more interested in recycling possession and keeping the ball rather than taking a risk.

Soton were the better side and deserved 3 points.

Sick of this team, we’re going backwards and fast.

red_john

Players have lost their heart. Alot of players are not good enough. I never felt that we would score at any point in the game. Our season has well and truly died over the last month.

James Peril

Not even close to creating a chance in the second half, the players aren’t having fun. They show no passion, they aren’t believing in their team-mates’ ability.

Very sad, something is very wrong. We need to invest heavily in new players.

Ashley Young will get three games on the sides, what an absolute idiot. Should be fined three weeks as well.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Mourinho isn’t the answer. I know that and I’ll be proved right.
Is it important to be proved right? Anyhow, that was a very poor showing and we don't look much like a team at all.

Backrow Singer

Yes we need more players to beat fecking Bristol, Burnley and Southampton.
When teams play and sit behind the ball, it's on us to break them down and to do that you need players who can. We didn't have it last season and don't have it this season. Too many average, inconstant players who can't do it when it's cagey and they're under pressure.

Devil may care

One chance of any note created in 93 minutes, is that front 4 really so bad or is there more to it? The team looks devoid of heart and belief.

Dr. StrangeHate

Maybe. But we had some shots on target atleast, under LVG sometimes we didn't even have one shot on target.
We dominated most games even against other top 6 rivals. We didn't create much yes but with better players that system is more useful in todays football than Mourinhos counter attack.
Mourinho has done very well since he came but this past month has been worse than anything before simply because if Jose can't fix us, who can?

Heardy

I'm not one to get on at Rashford but those calling for him lot lead the line should look at today as an example. Weakest holdup play from him I've seen.

Has played much better as part of a front three.

As for the game, we looked shite today - terrible performance. The fact that Magic had the most of our shots says it all.

Irrational.

Match was largely decided by an incompetent or dishonest referee. Man Utd toothless up front but should have been rewarded a penalty already in the first half.
I think this is it. He was determined to deny us any decisions. Utterly smarmy, gutless prick.

Son Of Sam

You can say what you want, but at least Lukaku works hard and tries. Rashford was truly awful.
And his admirers have always blamed it on not playing in his preferred position. Rashford is useless in the centre forward position. He just runs but no football brain. I can’t believe we dropped 4 points at home against teams we should be beating easily....

ravikiran

dreadfull football...no urgency...no fluency...just hoof the ball and let god decide...frustrating watching man united....
mourinho should be out and just bring some attacking football, lets loose/big but just need entertaining football; this is what we are used to....

I know nothing will happen...people here are thinking we might finish 3rd or 4th...just delusion...we will again finish outside 4.....just compare how other top 6 and how we play....unfortunately we are a mid table team with pogba/martial/degea as exception...We badly need "real" wingers.......

Rashford is wasted in left side, he forgot how to strike, mind blowing heading......he should be played only at forward....he is not a winger....

Today shaw was dreadful, can't pass, can't tackle, can't cross...

Lukaku is dreadful, can't miss some sitters....

I think man city match was boiling point for some of our players, since then we as team are out of form..........not playing with 100%...our players lost apetite...manager lost apetite....

Ventura

The team simply has nothing going on. It will be a battle for 6th if we keep this up.

redshaw

We'll do well to finish fourth. Looks like we've slipped into last seasons gear, making defences look good. Spurs put 5 past these.

What's really depressing is the second half. No real chances created, just a couple of random bounces and we can't even get a shot away. Pep must be laughing his tits off at our ineptitude. Chelsea have taken our place now.

Pogba is just wasted. He's great around the box, we saw a quick glimpse late on with a pass to the left of the box, we desperately needed some invention. Sadly Martial coming on did nothing.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
We will have Rashbeck in attack again. Championship level Player who is overhyped just cause he is young and played for academy.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Really dreadful performance. You've had a feeling if Southampton was little more ambitious they could have gone for 3 points. Thought 1st half was bad, but that 2nd was something else.

Ruined Christmas, fecked up New Year's Eve.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh well. I think if they're paying top dollar to watch the players, and if it's not to what they deem as a worthy performance, they're entitled to unanimously voice their opinions.
I meant during the game, like in first half, stadium sounded almost empty, there was more node in my front room.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Fecking Moyes-esque performance. Pointless crossing countless times. Soton's first clean sheet in 12 games, at OT. :lol:

This is one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world and this is what's served up to 75000 fans at home. Disgraceful.

The team looks like they've played a full season. They look done.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I can’t get over how slow through the middle we look:(
Only Lingard looks to use some pace going forward. There’s nothing there ...

Pscholes18

This looks a mid table club right now....Mourinho complaining about the non peno call, that's just sour grapes, no need for us to be beating these shite clubs on questionable calls.

redzer

I can’t remember seeing a more lacklustre performance than the one we’ve all just witnessed......not one single player looked remotely bothered about trying to win that game.....where’s the leaders out there????? Roy Keane would’ve dragged all those plonkers around that field by the scruff of their neck if they’d have performed like that with him out there!

FrenchRed

It's not a surprise that our attack is so bad when it consists of Rashford (average), Lingard (decent form recently but still average) and Mkhitaryan (awful form).

Don't get me wrong, the performance wasn't good enough but nobody could be expected to win the league with that trio.
Fully agree, Jose was left with a really awful squad. It takes years to rebuild a team after the damage done by Moyes and Vangle.

‘You can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear’... Ed needs to step up, and we need to ship out the dead wood.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Is it important to be proved right? Anyhow, that was a very poor showing and we don't look much like a team at all.
It is when it’s the team I love and to see it being mismanaged so badly is very frustrating. Others seem happy to passively watch while we continue to drift along aimlessly. Trusting Mourinho to do the job when everything points to him not being able to do it.

Ekeke

Mkhi was the worst player by far. There is no conspiracy about that
Made the most passes and crosses of any player on the pitch while he was on it. Also gave the ball away too much and couldnt cross with his left foot.

If you only focus on the 2nd sentence you weren't really watching.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 290 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:0 Southampton
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Southampton