PL D FA Premier League

Southampton 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 August 2021

MattofManchester

Same problems we had last season.
Fecking awful performance. We basically asked Southampton to go on and win the game.
Toothless as well in the final 15 minutes.

Bruno, Greenwood, Pogba the standouts in a shite performance.

slored1

Last 25 minutes were dreadful. We looked dead on our feet.

Varun

Staff
Absolutely dire. Slow, lethargic play.

Matic is finished and should not feature.

Martial and Fred aren't good enough.

This will be unpopular but AWB isn't good enough either. We need a FB that can attack.

We can't carry 4 passengers in the team.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ole got it wrong.

Martial should be nowhere near this team
Matic should never be starting a game like this.
Sancho needs to start a game.
Subs again were wrong choices at wrong times.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Opening 2 games of the season sum up the best and worst of us. CDM and someone to lead the line is needed.

The Viper

Garbage performance. Matic is done at this level. Fred is back to his usual standards. It was a painful watch to be honest.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What an absolutely shite and impotent finish to the game from us. Absolutely no urgency in the final 20 minutes, looked happy to settle for a point, Southampton looked more likely to get the winner.

Barely any chances created, Sir Alex must have been going mad. I hope Ole gives them all a kick up the arse for that lack of urgency, we responded brilliantly to Leeds' equalizer but today we've let ourselves down and this is where we fall short.

devil in me

The amount of simple short passes we misplaced in our own half was comical. Fred, Matic, Awb, Shaw were all useless.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not ONE single half chance in those final 20 minutes for a team desperately seeking a winner.

Fecking pathetic. We'll never win anything with Ole but too many people are in love with the idea of a club legend and lovely guy leading us to the mythical promised land.

PoTMS

What the feck is Sancho doing on the left wing? We've got tonnes of them. I thought he was a right winger? If we knew we had limited funds, why not prioritise a position that we are bottom level PL in central midfield? Don't get me wrong I'm happy Sancho is here but it just seems a bit of a luxury.

Yakuza_devils

Same old same old. Roller-coaster. Inconsistent. Negative tactics. Rely heavily on individual brilliant. The players looks like playing together first time in their life again. What's new?

mav_9me

Our season is fecked if we don't buy a CM. We have 2 functioning CM, McFred.

SuperiorXI

We looked like we'd go on to win after the equaliser but then just went into our shell after Hasenhuttl brought on that midfielder. Really poor performance, a lot of players couldn't even hit simple passes and kept losing possession in key areas. Don't look ready.

sammyhol

Why won’t we fix our obvious problems….

sign a bloody ball playing deep midfielder

sign a right back who can do more than just slide tackle.

send Matial and Matic packing

Godfather

We could shit another 150 million into that squad and it wouldn't change much I feel. We have no clue what to do with the ball if teams sit deep. Same old same old under Ole.

Zen86

Shite. Martial proving again how little bite he has, Cavani would have been on the end of one of those crosses early on. Matic is done at this level, although Fred looked to be trying to outdo him on that at times. Again, shite.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Apparently we don’t need a midfielder

Chairman Steve

For the love of Christ, get a central midfielder.

Fred had a series of deep moments but Maguire had the biggest derp moment in the 2nd half. After that chance, it felt like everyone shit the bed.

Hopefully Cavani and Varane aren’t far away from starting.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’ve seen worse. From the team anyway. It’s doesn’t get much worse than what Martial offered.

Seen this game many times though and we’ll see it again throughout the season.

suheilsworld

Matic should never be in the squad unless a pointless game in Europe. Free should be on the bench for numbers. Get in Cavani, Sancho, varane and VDB and build on that.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Disappointing. Need to win at wolves now
It’ll be like watching this game from today on replay but with different coloured shirts. I’d be shocked if we win away at wolves. That today was piss poor and sadly evidence that we are miles away from a title challenge as we have a 3rd rate central midfield

RUCK4444

Massively disappointing performance with many of the same issues as last season on display again.
We had more urgency last season. Pogba the only one getting us up the pitch and creating anything. Matic and Fred, no words.

Nobody else could put two passes together. Fecking awful performance.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
What the heck was that? Last half hour we just lost it completely. Bad passes everywhere from the usual suspects. Special mentions to Fred and AWB, and a few McGuire crackers too. We need a striker who can hold the line all season. Cavani is the only one who can do that well enough. We didn’t have a focal point when Martial went off and Greenwood disappeared after that.

Tony247

This game was crying out for Cavani. Would have easily won by 3 goals.

yamo123x

Arrogant substandard performance against a poor team.

When you have careless footballers like AWB and Fred and lazy footballers like Martial in the line up, you get what you deserve.

We got what we deserved

Silverman

Poor result. Some promising moments but it was worrying that Soton were the team that looked more likely to score late on.
We were lucky to get a draw in the end.
Not our day but onwards and upwards.

JG3001

Too many people giving it large after thrashing a naive Leeds team who really played like they were back in the championship.

Still have the same problems in midfield, still huge question marks over the manager’s team and substitute decisions.

Far from a disaster but let’s be honest, is this team ready to win the PL? Or have we got another season watching us settle in top 4 without ever really challenging?

leontas

Very frustrating game. Had them on the ropes for parts of it but allowed them back into the game by making silly mistakes - AWB and Matic being the prime culprits. Lack of urgency overall was infuriating when we were chasing the goal at the end. We’re missing Cavani to unlock these low block defences. And we are crying out for a new midfielder, without whom I don’t see us seriously challenging this season.

Someone

Something
I'm more annoyed by the comical mistakes made than the points lost. Maguire and Matic were embarrassing.

Gavinb33

Apart from Pogba and Mason the rest shite, the most egregious Shaw, Matic and Maguire.

I dont get why we think we need Matic and Fred against Southampton I mean for fecks sake one of them would suffice and it ain't Matic

3vra

Ok give me example of a (elite) team that is chasing the game and is changing whole midfield.

I will wait…

abailey123

If we’re going to persist with Pogba on the left, we need a central midfielder as Matic’s legs have gone. Against a team who pressed it was clear to see

KennyBurner

No penalties occurrence from an Unfit Martial and an injured Rashford and now we are struggling? Bruno will have to do more than forcing the issue.

Also disgraceful ball movement from our defenders and midfielders today. The less said about Maguire the better.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 62% of 307 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw