PL L FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 3:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 April 2016

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Have you been waiting 15 years to post that? You are obviously a blatant WUM with your post content as it bears no relevance to the thread title

Which bit of "post match vs Tottenham hotspur" did you seemingly misunderstand?
Jesus, relax

There was little wrong with the post

Glaston gets a hard time on here at times

Kant-ona

Years of lethargy.

On the pitch, on the bank and in the post match threads.

ghagua

40 years watching United and this current team is the worst i have seen at creating chances for strikers. Individual creativity from Martial and Rashford have kept the team in contention for 4th, otherwise it is shameful lack of creativity. I would also like to know what the feck Mata does on the pitch that he gets to start every match.

Nik70

Leicester are the clear favourites for the title, but this result pretty much guarantees a top 4 finish for Spurs. Even if you win your game in hand, that will still leave you effectively (given GD) 10 points behind Spurs ... with 6 games to go your not catching us now.

The first half was tightly contested, but when we turned up the heat 2nd half United melted like a snowflake in August ... you were blown away in the space of 5 minutes.

You can duke it out with City and Arsenal for top 4, but I don't fancy your chances.
No sh*t sherlock :lol: Perhaps your tagline should be 'Captain Obvious'

GledTheRed

Pathetic boring cringe worthy performance that is par for the course nowadays.

I HATE watching these cnuts and seeing that clueless fat cnut manage us.

Our attack is a joke we very rarely look a threat, just eye rapingly soul destroying to witness.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As much as it hurts to see United fall to bits as they did, the big picture is this loss is irrelevant. This season was never going to amount to anything once the board decided to stick with Van Gaal at Xmas. Today's defeat was just one more bad result in a season full of bad results. 'Getting fourth' might excite some people, it doesn't excite me. We're done, and have been done for months. Even had we won today I would not have been very invested in it. As it was we got beaten, just as I thought we would. The only thing I hope for now is that Van Gaal goes quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win again this season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I hoped that when I came back home I'd see some announcement that this cnut has been sacked. Why hasn't he been sacked yet ffs?

Nik70

As much as it hurts to see United fall to bits as they did, the big picture is this loss is irrelevant. This season was never going to amount to anything once the board decided to stick with Van Gaal at Xmas. Today's defeat was just one more bad result in a season full of bad results. 'Getting fourth' might excite some people, it doesn't excite me. We're done, and have been done for months. Even had we won today I would not have been very invested in it. As it was we got beaten, just as I thought we would. The only thing I hope for now is that Van Gaal goes quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win again this season.
Oh no we'll win again. We'll nick a couple of games, everybody's hopes for a top 4 four will be raised and then we'll get smashed just when it's in our reach.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
This isn't the same Spurs like this isn't the same United FFS. Stop selling Spurs and Leicester short. They are better than United this year, get that through your thick skulls. They are better for a variety of reasons. United must get better and stay healthy(ish).
Firstly, I think you need to relax. Secondly, if you agree with Van Gaal's comments post-match then we'll just have to agree to disagree rather than lashing out and calling people thick.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It's my fecking birthday on Wednesday as well. Getting knocked out of the FA cup on my birthday will be a huge kick in the bollocks. :(

bri2013

That's a bit strong considering that he's a long-standing (admittedly annoying at times) member on here … currently outposting you somewhere in the region of 7 or 8 to 1!

We do need objectiveness here and having a few of the nicer rival fans posting sometimes keeps our feet on the ground. In the good times we get to gloat so … I think I'll give Glaston this one!
So basically, because he has outposted me by 7/8 to 1, he can post a blatant wum that is irrelevant to the thread it was posted in and it's ok?

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
I thought the tactics were all right, Tottenham was under severe pressure and only created chances after a lucky bounce or a chaotic situations after fouls or no fouls. In the final third we were too predictable but that changed for the better after half time. It was a good performance considering the fact that Spurs have the better players at this point in time. And than there was those 6 minutes.

edcunited1878

Firstly, I think you need to relax. Secondly, if you agree with Van Gaal's comments post-match then we'll just have to agree to disagree rather than lashing out and calling people thick.
I'm calm and relaxed. There are dozens more posters who have a vile tone, regardless of today's result. People are thick on here and cannot for the life of them rationalize anything unless it exactly and purely suits their POV/agenda/etc.

The game was tight and scrappy in the middle, just like it was on match week 1. United turned off and were brutally punished, which flattered Spurs.

Spurs have played like this the entire season. High energy, ball winning and exploiting space with pace and directness. United have played like this the entire season; stop, start, stop, start.

RedDannio

I'm calm and relaxed. There are dozens more posters who have a vile tone, regardless of today's result. People are thick on here and cannot for the life of them rationalize anything unless it exactly and purely suits their POV/agenda/etc.

The game was tight and scrappy in the middle, just like it was on match week 1. United turned off and were brutally punished, which flattered Spurs.

Spurs have played like this the entire season. High energy, ball winning and exploiting space with pace and directness. United have played like this the entire season; stop, start, stop, start.
What irks me is how anyone who is a true supporter can be 'calm and relaxed' watching this humiliating bile. How long have you watched United for, 2 fkin minutes? Do you remember the history, the style of play, the never say die attacking philosophy, how the fk can anyone be calm and relaxed watching this fackin shite

Dr Fink

Shambolic second half. Shameful again. Embarrassing. We offered zero going forward. I find it very difficult to watch. Sack the pr*ck FFS. Give us fans something to look forward to..........a new manager.

Perrick Dubois

I really don't know how a team is supposed to outscore their opponent by only having four shots at goal. Especially when they stuffy in three at the other end.

Spock

The caf is a United forum so we're naturally focused on our failings (LVG shite manager, etc.) but Spurs were fantastic in the second half and looked like a trophy-winning side. We knew going into this match we were the lesser the side, but not so much so that hope was warranted.

We didn't learn anything we already knew. LVG needs to be replaced. He's hopelessly out of his depth in a brutally competitive league.

ants7

I thought we were decent until the second half. and it went right down to toilet after TFM (who I really like, I must say) was taken off injured.

And where are CBJ and Varela anyway?

Not even going to get in to the Young as a forward topic. The thought itself is ridiculous enough.

Biggest and richest club in the world :wenger:

GloryHunter07

Have you been waiting 15 years to post that? You are obviously a blatant WUM with your post content as it bears no relevance to the thread title

Which bit of "post match vs Tottenham hotspur" did you seemingly misunderstand?
Relax will you?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The caf is a United forum so we're naturally focused on our failings (LVG shite manager, etc.) but Spurs were fantastic in the second half and looked like a trophy-winning side. We knew going into this match we were the lesser the side, but not so much so that hope was warranted.

We didn't learn anything we already knew. LVG needs to be replaced. He's hopelessly out of his depth in a brutally competitive league.
even in the first half, Spurs looked the more likely to score and would have too if not for Mensah.

Roosney

Exclude the first 15 minutes I think it was the most pointless United I've seen. The Fulham game with 80 crosses seems like brilliant tinkering.

The most miserable moment was just before the hour mark: we fought the ball back and had a good chance to counter but what happens? Every United player stands still except for the one with the ball who runs sideways into those who stand still. Fecking hell was that devastating

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Must be all those trophies spurs have won that back up the arrogance of your attitude about the match.

I'll just have to console myself with the 13 titles, 2 European cups, 7 FA cups, 1 CWC and three league cups I've seen my team win while I jealousy watch you polish the 'spurs trophyless season' trophy again this year :(
It's not arrogance - I've simply told it like it was. If you don't think that United were, as I said, blown away in the space of 5 minutes then you tell me how it was.

Spurs were the better team on the day and we've been the better team over the season. Citing your trophy count doesn't change this.

ZAGREB RED

The best United were going to get today was a 0-0. It shows just how far off being a top side United actually are. I would like to see Leicester winning the League, in the absence of United being anywhere near it, but not clinching it at Old Trafford, as now looks increasingly likely.

Red Dreams

It has to rank as our worst performance in the EPL, worsened by LVG's subs that are in fact now quite frightening after two seasons. I hope someone comes before July.
the way we started, I thought we are getting stuck in, matter of time. But lets not forget, its not for no reason Spurs are second. They are strong right through.

I think if Mensah had stayed fit, we may have scrapped through with a draw.

But this match proved the main fault of van Gaal. He cannot adjust to things happening on the field. Fergie would have been on teh technical area organising.

pretty sad to see how far we have fallen so fast.

Red Dreams

It's not arrogance - I've simply told it like it was. If you don't think that United were, as I said, blown away in the space of 5 minutes then you tell me how it was.

Spurs were the better team on the day and we've been the better team over the season. Citing your trophy count doesn't change this.
I agree and you may just go on to win the title this season, if we dust ourselves off and beat Lecister.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 383 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd