PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 December 2016

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I was taken to this venue and sponsored by a local, who is also acting as my tour guide in the region, so I was welcomed. And I had a great chat with several fans before the game. Although I cant speak Masai Swahili and they couldn't speak English, using thumbs up and thumbs down, we managed to have in depth conversations.

I was amazed at the in depth knowledge they had. In summary, most are sympathetic and supportive of Mourinho and advocate patience. But they were very critical of Rooney and poor old Fellaini. In fact, when Fellaini was shown to be warming up just before the end, almost all of them started to jeer with agitation ... I was amazed! Likewise their was deep angst at the Mhkitaryan injury as everyone knew he was finally showing some form.

When Mhkitaryan scored, they all performed some kind of tribal chants and dance; they potato vodka moonshine had kicked in and it was nuts. I couldn't get my iPhone camera into gear so missed VDO recording it, but it was nuts; something Ive never seen or could have expected. Same happened at the final whistle, they has their own song which was very uplifting! But I didn't dare taking any photo's as my guide informed me that many Masai believe its an attempt to steal their soul .... its quite risky business!

Was quite a surreal experience which I doubt Ill ever forget!
That's cool :D

bdspeedy

A better result but still too much squeaky bum time for me. The last half hour I couldn't get that old Monty Python song "here comes another one" out of my head. We should have won a few more but no losses in a while is a good start.
Defence is coming together. Not sure at all about Darmian. Would prefer to see Bailly for Rojo and Rojo out left which may do the trick. Jones looks solid. I'm still hoping to see Valencia use his
left foot just once but he's getting it done. Herrera, Ibra and Pogba are starting to gel. Carrick has been epic. I think we're starting to peak at about the right time. Some "easy" games. I hope we don't slip up any.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Very relieved we have broke this pattern of drawing league games.

Good performance overall - although I would haved liked us to kill the game off earlier. The team's own anxieties about throwing away the lead was a bigger opponent than Tottenham to overcome.

Mickey was fantastic again - just our luck that he's now injured.

Tottenham didn't really threaten much in attack - perhaps down to the fact that our midfield was so resilient. Carrick was immense in the holding role, Herrera worked his socks off pressing Spurs' defence and Pogba had another impressive outing.

We had an obvious weak spot down our left-wing (Martial and in particular Darmian) which Spurs tried to exploit, but Rojo and Jones were solid in the box (crazy how it's turned out, when you think 99% of the caf wanted these two sold in the summer)

The Fellaini booing was obviously pathetic.

This win meant a lot to the players psychologically going forward towards the mid-way point of the season. We can really push on from this with some consistency.

frank lee madeer..

Good performance that. Shame about Mkhitaryan, he's different class. Hopefully people will start to realise our squad compares very well against our peers.

Rojo and herrera were superb again.

OldTrevil

I'm going to have to credit our recent upturn in form to this groovy new sweatshirt that I purchased last week.

That is neat I have to say, probably rape price as with everything with United on it otherwise I'd look more into it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That is neat I have to say, probably rape price as with everything with United on it otherwise I'd look more into it.
Standard price for an Adidas sweatshirt imo, which in fairness is usually pretty expensive. I paid $85 CAD from adidas.ca. It's really fecking nice but a little on the small side (I got it in large)

Also, please try to avoid using rape in the figurative sense. Thanks.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Just hope it spearheads a nice run into the new year, but with Mkhitaryan out for a couple of games and Valencia's suspension, I'm not overly confident.

I think there is scope to get right in the faces of Liverpool and City over the next couple of weeks, and we all know we should already be there or thereabouts.

OldTrevil

Rape price???!
I meant exploitative, nothing more.
Standard price for an Adidas sweatshirt imo, which in fairness is usually pretty expensive. I paid $85 CAD from adidas.ca. It's really fecking nice but a little on the small side (I got it in large)

Also, please try to avoid using rape in the figurative sense. Thanks.
I knew it, to me that is a ridiculous price and I find it hard to believe that is standard adidas pricing for sweatshirts but still

Macern

Pee pee pants
No paedophile or rape jokes before anyone thinks of posting any. Should go without saying but I know what some of you are like.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Good to win and we deserved to win.Spuds created very little, Kane in particular was disappointing.
Class goal too from Mkhitaryan.Vital to win at Palace now and start climbing that table.

Roosney

Yes, a win at last! Vital win, hope we get on a good run now.

Mkhi was very good, Herrera and Carrick too.

Rojo was ok but I really don't get all this praise. I think he just smashed the ball away straight back to Spurs many times. And there was practically no pressure from the oppo and a lot of United players available for a safe pass.

For some unknown reason I felt mehh after the game. Hmm. Maybe I was settled for a draw in the end already.

Eddy_JukeZ

Good win.

Started well. Thought we were very shaky towards the end. Our shape did not look good and we looked outnumbered out there.

Still, glad we won. Easy fixtures coming up. Need to take advantage.

Jaxdan

Good win.

Started well. Thought we were very shaky towards the end. Our shape did not look good and we looked outnumbered out there.

Still, glad we won. Easy fixtures coming up. Need to take advantage.
Easy fixtures? I don't think they exist in this league anymore to be honest.

LouisDanGaal

Dedicating the win to Fellaini.
Jose has my support, but this Fellaini love-in is undeserved.
Its lucky Jose isn't as short term a thinker. Fellaini cost us the win last week and I'm not interested in seeing him in the team again, but Mourinho plays the long game, he knows fellaini won't get a lot of games this season and he needs to keep him happy because he offers something pretty unique and I'm pretty sure fellaini will be quite touched watching that and its not very difficult for jose to do, instantly improves a players morale and that improves all players morale slightly.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@sammsky1, we should twin the Caf with that supporters' club! What a great account.
Thanks, was quite an afternoon!

Whilst they get cable TV there, the internet connection is very bad and as they don't speak English, I doubt they could read our forum. I'll ask my guide tomorrow and see what he says. :)

JG3001

Very relieved we have broke this pattern of drawing league games.

Good performance overall - although I would haved liked us to kill the game off earlier. The team's own anxieties about throwing away the lead was a bigger opponent than Tottenham to overcome.

Mickey was fantastic again - just our luck that he's now injured.

Tottenham didn't really threaten much in attack - perhaps down to the fact that our midfield was so resilient. Carrick was immense in the holding role, Herrera worked his socks off pressing Spurs' defence and Pogba had another impressive outing.

We had an obvious weak spot down our left-wing (Martial and in particular Darmian) which Spurs tried to exploit, but Rojo and Jones were solid in the box (crazy how it's turned out, when you think 99% of the caf wanted these two sold in the summer)

The Fellaini booing was obviously pathetic.

This win meant a lot to the players psychologically going forward towards the mid-way point of the season. We can really push on from this with some consistency.
In regards to Rojo and Jones...

I think Rojo has shut a lot of critics up over the past 2 months, myself included, he seems assured at CB, hopefully he never gets put at LB unless we have a real emergency shortage.

I've always been a fan of Jones, think he needs to be played into form, and once he gets there he's pretty solid. The bloody problem is he looks like he's reaching his top form, then gets injured for weeks on end, and we're back to square one. Seen it so many times over the years, if there was just some way to sort out his glass ankles...

I would leave them both as CB pairing for now though and ease Bailly back into the team, they are both deserving of their place as starters IMHO, overall taken their chances very well

BIGbadBOO4

People criticising Martial but he wasn't that bad. He is a confidence player and he seems really low at the moment. For me he needs Jose to believe in him and give him a good run because we will be better with him in the team. Please remember he has Darmian behind him, I love Micky and he has been playing great but Valencia is heads and shoulders better than Darmian. A solid left back aka Shaw or Blind would benefit Martial, and for the life of me I don't understand how Darmian gets lb position over them. Well played Jones and Rojo, let's give them credit they were very good today. Also poor show booing Felliani but understandable. I do not like United players being booed but people pay week in and week out should be allowed to voice their opinion, whether we agree or not.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Classy Jose dedicating the Match to Fellaini and signaling his intent that he believes in Big Fella and that he is an important player for him.

Son Of Sam

Id be very surprised if he made 3 defensive changes after keeping a clean sheet tbh.
Valencia is suspended, isn't he? Someone has to fill in that RB position. Ashley Young can fill in there though but that means one of Rojo/Jones will drop for Bailly.

Mitser

Classy Jose dedicating the Match to Fellaini and signaling his intent that he believes in Big Fella and that he is an important player for him.
Yeah, thought it was a really good interview and much as I want Felliani to leave in Jan I really respect Joses comments.

m1y2

best game of football this year i think including United and the other team in the game.. great points

RedPnutz

Very energetic and fast-paced. Spurs are no slouches so I am glad we held on to the lead.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 585 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 18% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham