PL L FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 14 May 2017

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
United's second half with vast improvement compared to the first. Seemed like PL vs Championship over stretches, with two thirds of possession and 4-1 attempts on goal for Spurs.

crossy1686

career ending
Believe it or not the "we beat United" trophy does not exist. I know, it's shocking. Who knew?

On discovering this fact, the Spurs players, the fans and everyone associated with the club were unsurprisingly devestated,
Thought that was the reason the fans invaded the pitch? They must be gutted.

AndyMUFC

Crap until the substitutions where we upped it slightly. Some players proving as they have for the past 4 years that they're not good enough or aren't any more, particularly our English contingent.

Can't wait for this league season to end. Bring on the Europa.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Don't think it is fair to blame the defenders. The midfield was the main problem. The ball just kept on coming towards the defence again and again and again. Any defence will concede in these circumstances.

Midfield is more of a problem than defence.
That's fair.

Pogba and Herrera both not playing makes a difference. The game changed once Herrera and Micki came on to play in the middle.

Peanut Butter

Squad players come in and play well, while contributing with assists and goals. He doesn't do that.
He does. You lot want a team of Ronaldos. Football doesn't work that way.

If it isn't Fellaini it's Lingard. Don't you lot ever get fed up? Let it go, ffs.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Who the hell voted Rooney as MotM. Some people never learn.

rooney2009

We actually played ok for the kind of Team we put out,I don't understand all the Spurs loving tbh,They are a good hardworking,hard pressing Team.We had a tough game on Thursday and still could have nicked a draw

JoaquinJoaquin

He does. You lot want a team of Ronaldos. Football doesn't work that way.

If it isn't Fellaini it's Lingard. Don't you lot ever get fed up?
When was his last good game please enlighten me?

Mata is the epitomy of a squad player, hell even Ashley Young is. Don't all need to be Ronaldo at all. They just need to be better than mid table level, that's all I ask.

Giggs86

Believe it or not the "we beat United" trophy does not exist. I know, it's shocking. Who knew?

On discovering this fact, the Spurs players, the fans and everyone associated with the club were unsurprisingly devestated,
Yeah but just imagine, 40 years from now, Spurs fans will be telling their grandchildren how privileged they were to be there on that day.

So you won the PL, right? - Nope, finished second.

The cup? - Nope, lost to Arsenal in the semis.

Then Europe, surely?? - Nope, humiliated by Genk. Or Gent. Something like that.

:lol:

paulscholes18

Need to sort our defence and midfield out big time before bringing a player like Griezmann in

DizeeGorilla20

Another terrible performance. 1 win in the last 5 games now. I worry about our form going into the Europa League final

Arka_BleedingRed

Most of the squad players are poor, being made to look poorer by our game play and tactics. Judging by the amount of hoof balls from the back, one would think that this was a mid table team playing instead of Man United. Unfortunately, this has been the state for most of the season. Numerous hoof balls, no link up through the middle, too much time on the ball, predictable movement and play, too many players who don't know what to do with the ball, and of course, poor finishing. These have been the characteristics of our game play throughout the season.
Teams know that once they get the lead, this United team is incapable of scoring an equalizer. The small sides try to nick one and sit behind, while the top ones pile up the pressure continuously. We might have been undefeated in 25 matches but even the most ardent of us will admit that we should be much, much better in order to compete for the Champion's league. Players like Rooney, Carrick, Smalling, Darmian needs to be moved on urgently. 52 league goals is inexcusable from a side which was supposed to be league contenders. And I honestly don't believe that winning the Europa League will make this season a success.

togg

I'll say again. I'm happy. We made a go of it in the second half. We have bigger fish to fry and i'd say any other team in our position would probably play exactly the same.

Peanut Butter

When was his last good game please enlighten me?

Mata is the epitomy of a squad player, hell even Ashley Young is. Don't all need to be Ronaldo at all. They just need to be better than mid table level, that's all I ask.
Fair enough. I like Lingard. Not good enough to start for Utd though we have that in common.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Another terrible performance. 1 win in the last 5 games now. I worry about our form going into the Europa League final
This.

I understand the need to rest players, but you also want momentum.

I can't be bothered looking up Ajax's results, but I bet there's a chance they're winning games regularly. It does make a difference in the mentality of players.

KGBhoy

I just watched Jose's interview. He rambled on, clearly didn't care about the result and just walked out mid-question. Funny.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This.

I understand the need to rest players, but you also want momentum.

I can't be bothered looking up Ajax's results, but I bet there's a chance they're winning games regularly. It does make a difference in the mentality of players.
Hence the second half subs.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'm sick to death of the post sir Alex managers being fecking cowards.

Zii

I'm sick to death of the post sir Alex managers being fecking cowards.

Oh no the team have attackers quick put on 11 defenders. Sick of managers not just going out and saying this is my team, try and stop me

OLLY ORANGE

Same old Wayne as usual.
Lingard is a coward of a footballer should not be any where near this starting line up. As I'm watching him he sums up every thing I hate from the new modern footballer. So over rated but more concerning he believes he's made it with the way he conducts him self.
Half expecting the result just confirms that Jose needs to move at least 8 players out of the club to progress.

Werd.

Lol, Jose just walked out of the post match interview. He couldnt care less about the PL atm.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 3:0 Man Utd