PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Mon, 27 August 2018

buckooo1978

Quality was the difference

we had 23 shots to 9 in that game.......less than a quarter of us on target, more than half of theirs

we made key mistakes at key times and Jones/Smalling/Lindelof lacked that extra bit of class that Vidic or Ferdinand did to make the difference

actually pleased with our effort and intensity but Mourinho has failed to create a strong defensive or attacking side

feels like the end is near

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
CBs look a mess. Rarely have I seen so many goals so quickly be down to CBs alone.

Rest of the team is playing similarly. Create some decent chances, not great finishing but it's not a team that are good from behind and our CBs are making it way too hard. Childish defending is not what an average attacking side needs.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You lot are a bunch of spoilt whiners. We finished SECOND last season! We won the EUROPA league! We are making PROGRESS! sick and tired of excuses SACK him now I'd take M

Greck

Spurs fans gloating. This thing will go full circle when this showing inspires out board to poach their manager

WensleyMU

Not taking our chances in the first half set us up for the second. Spurs clinical, those that our "defence" played it's part again...

Feels like that time to start all over again is getting closer.

Mister_Stubbs

This is it not a football team, it’s a collection of overhyped wankers at the moment.

Jose looks a beaten man, it wouldn’t surprise me if he walked.

Losing 3-0 at home to fecking Spurs is embarrassing. A certain wanker on this site is going to be unbearable.

We resorted to fecking long ball to Fellaini again. fecking bollocks.

feck off Jose, feck off woodward, feck off Glaston.

walkinhop

The state of the United fans. We used to support Untied through some thick moments and look now. The first signs of trouble and most lose their cool, spoiled with success is what i heard in pre-season 2 years ago when it was already obvious the club isn't working. Now we hear the same.

Siorac

Mourinho needs to go, and the club needs a revamp. Nothing is working as it should right now.

This season is a write-off, looks like.

Also, 5 minutes of stoppage time? Was cruel. Shaw played well.

Thiim

Put that fecking donkey Lukaku on shooting practice until he can't fecking stand straight. Twice he could have scored in the opening moments of a hame to put us up, twice he has fecked up and played like Carroll on crack. Feck off back to Everton.

PiplurvesPip

i feel sadness for Jose at the end, clapping with the fans for a solid 40-50secs. he looks bad man.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Feel so sorry for Jose but its over.

Time to go, problem is the board wont get rid until the end of the season.

Where we go and what we do , i have no idea.

Just gutted, we have gone nowhere since fergie left.

Cereal

Supports
Colo Colo
Too bad Alexis joined another Arsenal.

LoneStar

Game of two halves and individual errors.

Also game of two strikers - the gulf in class between Lukaku and Kane kind of decided the match. One can't score from an easy chance, and the other scores a great header from a half chance.

UncleBob

People need to calm down, third match of the season after a pre-season where we were without the majority of our key players. Pretty clear we'll be nowhere near top form for a month or so. Crucial that we win the next match before the international break.

No idea why some think it's a good idea to sack Mourinho at this stage, makes no sense whatsoever and will only make our issues even worse

Reactions: Sultan

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Poch at half time: Lads it’s United

Hamadovich86

We actually played well in the first half at least in attack, as soon as we conceded the first goal it was all over which is sad because remember the United of old.

Anyways, Mourinho is done the league title is beyond us already and its only three games into the season. Sack him now so we can still salvage something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Anyone who says they didn't see this start of the season coming is fecking deluded. Nothing else to say that I haven't over the past few months. We're a shambles.

Lingard and Shaw can leave that with their heads up today. The rest were wank.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I wondered whether there would be a disclaimer when entering this thread with some sort of warning.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Looked decent 1st half hour and if Lukaku had put that chance away could have been a different game.
2nd half was total capitulation and embarrassing.
Time for a change, i just can't see Jose turning this around.

saivet

Was a weird game though where I didn't think we were that bad, but it probably reflects what we've become used to under Mourinho that it doesn't seem that bad a result.

The sooner he goes the better though, the lack of coherence even in the first half, where it felt more frantic and high energy than a structured way of playing gives me no confidence.

Camilo

Much better performance. Good pace, better passing, a good few chances.

We were beaten by a more clinical team, but that's fine. If we show up with that same level of snap and bite for the next few games I'll be happy enough.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
United fans posing for selfies with Lucas Moura?

What happened to giving any opposition player the wanker sign, no matter who they are?

What even is football now?

eggwithsideburns

From the clubs point of view were a mess from the top down, same on the field too, were not good enough from the front right to the back.

Woodzy

Mourinho still has my support. Sacking him will only make the situation worse.
Don't think so. We could end up with a lot of unhappy players on our hands if it continues, and we need to give the the players and fans a lift before top 4 becomes out of reach before the season as barely began (lets be realistic, this yet again our aim this season now).

Don't get me wrong, I think our problems at this point stem beyond the manager, and we can't even blame 'Rooney and the old guard' anymore. We are simply a badly run club with no direction and I think a managerial change is the only solution to at least stopping this season spiraling out of control.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol: Goes without saying that Mourinho is doing a terrible job but you couldn’t have written a script to make it any more abundantly clear that Woodward has not got the faintest clue about football. Alderweireld absolutely imperious for Spurs while, one by one, all of our CBs put on a flawless display of breathtaking incompetence. Amazing really. It was actually kind of funny and I never find our defeats funny.

PoTMS

When does the relationship with Mourinho become terminal? How bad does it have to get before he gets binned?

Josep Dowling

Seriously United fans having selfies with Lucas at the end of the game, who scored two against us. Just about sums up the state the club at the moment.

singhters

I really can't see him picking up the players after this. I think it could be P45 time.

PoTMS

:lol: Goes without saying that Mourinho is doing a terrible job but you couldn’t have written a script to make it any more abundantly clear that Woodward has not got the faintest clue about football. Alderweireld absolutely imperious for Spurs while, one by one, all of our CBs put on a flawless display of breathtaking incompetence. Amazing really. It was actually kind of funny and I never find our defeats funny.
Well if you don't laugh, you'd cry.

FromTheBench

BTW Jose bought Bailly and Lindelof last 2 summers for 30 odd million each and then played Herrera at Cb ahead of them in a tough game in a strange formation.

As hippie like as van gaal and as disjointed as under Moyes.

Delano

That last goal was so much like the Suarez goal at OT under Moyes it's fecking scary.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Anyone who says they didn't see this start of the season coming is fecking deluded. Nothing else to say that I haven't over the past few months. We're a shambles.

Lingard and Shaw can leave that with their heads up today. The rest were wank.
The first half was really good. The difference is Spurs took their chances, we didn't and it seriously bit us on the backside.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 514 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 15% Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham