PL W FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 January 2019

0le

Its show just how unfit we were under Mourinho.

bleedred

The nerve/cheek of spurs fans to claim they were battling on all four fronts!!!! Lol!!!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Who was the last manager to win their first six games before Ole - no-one.

Very enjoyable game - even more buzzing than after the other victories. First time I've seen the canee take the strain on here after we've won.

Whole team played well especially the midfield. Shaw and Jones a bit below the rest.

DDG didn't have a shot to save in the first half but magnificent in the second half.

Excellent performance all round.

Edit:
Mourinho 5 games against top 5 this season - 2 points
Ole 1 game against top 5 - 3 points

So glad the coward has gone.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We could have gotten away without playing any defenders this game and De Gea would have still gotten us that clean sheet.

Nothing was getting past him today.

AJ10

Great result and good first half performance, disappointing last 30 mins. De gea made some good saves that you expect a normal keeper to make (only good save was from their cb we're being linked to).

cyberman

We could have scored three or four as well but our chances will be forgotten versus unlucky Spurs.
Feck off Souness.

Abhinav

I am as ecstatic as anyone with the win and with Ole but this post is a clear definition of double standards. Second half was a park the bus performance that Jose would be proud of and would probably be lambasted for by many in this forum.
I am bloody ECSTATIC with that result and performance. Went toe to toe with one of the best sides in the league, away from home and didn't just park the bus. We looked lethal on the break, De Gea was incredible and we just looked assured and in control. We got our United back! Tactical masterclass from OGS there, proving anyone wrong who thought he had done well because he had had it easy. Making a real case for taking the full time job here. Brilliant

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I put my hands up. I have given Rashford a lot of stick in here. But he is arguably United's most improved player. He took that chance magnificently. The keeper even gets a hand to it. And of course, PP did amazingly well all game, the pass for the goal... Even enjoyed the sneaky hit job on Deli. But de Gea. What a keeper! Spuds must be gutted.

Lj82

People here really don't like Lukaku don't they? He was brought in to win aerial balls and relief some pressure, and he did just that. He played to the manager's tactic. People here are unreasonably harsh.

Tony247

Another win!!! oh yeah! another good football, hell yeh! permanent job for Ole? feck yeh!!

I have never seen reflexes like DDG in my life. He is the bestest of bests out there.
Fantastic understanding between Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Matic.
What a world class pass by Pogba and equally exquisite finish by Rashford
Hererra and Lingard both workhorses

Defense is a complete shambles though.
Shaw lost his position countless of time. Spurs were exploiting his side. So many times he left his side completely exposed and drifted in the middle. Really worrying sense of tactics.
Lindelof, Young and Jones tried their best but none of them is top class defender. Finally it was midfield who rose to the occassion and carried extra burden of defending.

Overall it was entertaining football. All players played with their hearts out. Well done everyone!

Siorac

Could have finished 6-4 to them but who cares? Absolutely brilliant game of football and we created chances, played with pace and purpose.

De Gea is just De Gea. No other superlative does him justice.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Credit to Spurs, bar their finishing they were very good in the second half

Eriksen is quality, Alli and Winks were really good too.

MUM

Biggest win yet in my eyes, belief is there, courage is there, skill is there, Man Utd are back there. Wrote off as only beating nothing clubs ( by the press, not me), to go there and beat Spurs is ground breaking, those players have proved what they can do. Well done to all, hoppy.

Reactions: SteveJ

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I am as ecstatic as anyone with the win and with Ole but this post is a clear definition of double standards. Second half was a park the bus performance that Jose would be proud of and would probably be lambasted for by many in this forum.
Yes, and the more possession based style is an essential bit of what keeps you in games. We can use it all now, great composure on the ball by Matic too, in the second half.

December_16

Sign De Gea on a 600k a week contract. It's really that simple.
Then add another extra 100k just for annoying the two eejits who did commentating on my NBCSN stream who kept harping on about how long it took him to do a goal kick - aka how he has wasted time. Wtf was that all about?

dave2528

de Gea is on another level.

Loved the counter-attack tactics in the first half but, our lack of quality in the back 4 was a major Achilles' heel in the second half. That combined with some sloppy possession created major squeeky bum time.

My nails and cuticles are in a neck and neck race with my liver for most self-inflicted damage done in an hour and a half.

Ole being at the helm just feels right.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
There's a huge difference between playing counter attacking football when you're winning away from home against a club in the top 6, and playing with 10 men behind the ball at home against Brighton.

Todd

De Gea was a monster, woe to anyone who has to face him when he's feeling boss

Pogba great, Herrera great

Jones out to sea at times

We've got every reason to be optimistic right now

RedDevil@84

De Gea looked good but he didn’t save anything you wouldn’t expect him to save. Lindelof was where it was at today.
You expected Lindelof to do any lesser than what he did? I would blame your low expectation levels

manutddjw

Solskjaer can even park the bus better than Mourinho.

De Gea is God

Lindelof keeps getting better

Lukaku is lazy

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Good win. But 2nd half was kinda shit. We lost too many headers.
The 2nd half of Mourinho-esque.
We parked the bus.

Pogba's pass to Rashford and Rashford's finish, for the goal was fantastic.
DDG was fantastic.

In all other areas, IMO, Spurs were better than us. Our midfield could not handle the power, passion and pace that Spurs had in the 2nd half and DDG had to repeatedly save us.
Kane, btw, may look tall and lanky, but the guy is very strong. He out-muscled every single MUFC player who attempted to mark him.

In saying all of the above, it was a great result for us. 5 league wins a row.

baskinginthesun

Brilliant dominant 1st half. Brilliant dominant De Gea in the 2nd half. Excellent time wasting as well.

Herrera was the best outfield player.

I am OK with this type of win as we all expected Spurs to come at us in the 2nd half.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
This.

Lots more to say and Dave is clearly MOTM, but he didn’t make a save you wouldn’t expect from him.
Harsh as you judge him by different standards. You wouldn't expect any other GK in the world to keep a clean sheet today, though, that's why this was a monster of a performance. Lloris was fantastic, too. Kept it alive for them at 1-0 a couple of times at least.

KingOle

Supports
Ole Gunnar Solskjær
Pochetino to Ole after the game: you just took my job wankr

F-Red

Who would have thought that playing a consistent team would equate to positive results?

De Gea needs securing for as long as possible - he's a monster in between the sticks.

Spurs were clearly the better side in the second half. But you expect the Home team, when 0-1 to attack relentlessly, that’s completely normal. To say they should have scored 3-4 Is complete BS - had spurs scored, Utd would have then got back in the front foot. That’s the ebb and flow of football.

We were not solid enough through the middle in the second half, and give the opposition to many opportunities, we need to work on that solidity through the middle of the park.

RedDevil@84

I am sorry, but your definition of park the bus looks way off

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Here's something to note:
Arsenal started the season with 20+ games unbeaten. AFC felt they were playing the best they have played in over a decade.
After one of our worst starts to a league season, we are now level on points with AFC.

Fracture90

Very good first half, quite bad 2nd half, we gave away way too much to Spurs and it was only thanks to DDG we took all 3 points here .

We desperately need upgrades on CB and RB.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Excellent win with a great team performance.
We let it go a bit in the second half but we'd ran like dogs by that point so its no surprise. We still looked solid enough considering we have De Gea to mop up half chances.
6 wins on the bounce, can only beat whats in front of us.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 95% of 969 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 776 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw