PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:6 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 October 2020

sparx99

Nah it was a red card. Martial knows the rules as do we all. Any time that happens it results in a red, and the game went to pot afterwards. In fact the game went to pot after the penalty when our defence showed how utterly shambolic they are.
but they both have to see red or neither. It can’t be one and not the other.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What’s scary is we didn’t play much different to what we did against Brighton. But this time the chances went in! :mad:
Brighton should've beaten us by a big margin. Probably should've scored 6 against us, but we got really lucky - a penalty after the whistle was blown was insane.
I think we play Newcastle next and they'll probably also give us a hiding, unless we get 2 penalties awarded to us. If we don't get penalties, I can't see us winning an EPL game.

SirMattlives

I'm still trying to understand what I witnessed. The defense...oh wow. Maguire really did try to wrestle Shaw out of the way to stop the first goal. I mean, he literally tried to pull him aside to get at the ball he'd initially failed to head cleanly, like a madman. We might ask why Shaw found himself over that part of the pitch so often but I've not quite seen anything like that in a while. From there, it was just a meltdown. I am not sure I have ever seen a premier league side defend as badly. Sure, the midfield did not really help but we looked like four strangers playing together in that back line. We've heard this a lot before but wow, what possible excuses are there for that performance today? The lack of fight, other than Bailly trying single-handedly to inflict some pain, (ignoring Maguire wrestling with his teammate) is truly worrying. You can lose badly and still play with some pride in the shirt, but I saw precious little of that today.

sparx99

Didn't watch the game but managed to see Tony's booking and it was never a red.

No matter that, we still would've been slapped, just hate it when such a clear and obvious error occurs. Either show them both yellow or send off both, no in-between.

Other than that, thankfully we have 2 weeks to prepare now.
The thing is teams can be very poor and get in only one goal down. Then 2nd half it’s a different game. The ref robbed us of that opportunity. It’s not a defence but it can’t just be written off as not mattering.

Spark

What did our (soon to be ex-) manager say?
Honestly didn’t make much sense. Cracked a shit joke about Lamela needing an operation, whilst agreeing that united were terrible.

Someone else said it earlier, he sounded pissed.

Apparently he told MOTD “not the worst result in United’s history”.

L1nk

Isn't it obvious?
Get rid of the Glazers. Once new owners come in, they'll immediately remove Woodward and create a new board.
Right but that's not happening, is it? So you can complain about it all you want but it won't change anything, they'll sell when they want to and no amount of whining or protest is going to change that. Trust me i'm as much in the same boat as you, i want these parasites gone, but lets face facts, it isn't happening.

Ricardo de la Vega

Isn't it obvious?
Get rid of the Glazers. Once new owners come in, they'll immediately remove Woodward and create a new board.
How do you, an outsider, get rid of the owners of a private company? You are powerless. Unless every United fan everywhere in the world stopped watching or buying merchandise, we're stuck.

Verminator

Pogba jogging around, and an impotent, uninspiring captain, does not motivate when the team needs to dig deep.

The team needs to start high tempo players like Fred and DVB to shake the malaise out of the side, and likewise, a captain that sets an example, with high work rate.

Low effort should never be rewarded.

Kostov

Exactly. Utd played like clowns but Lamela should have had his head drop-kicked over the Stretford end for behaving like that. The Premiership is utterly gone. ...or I'm just too old. Someone take me back to 1990 please...
In addition to that rat Lamela, how can our players stay so calm and leave it be? Where is the team spirit? Where is the captain? Where is Ole to put pressure on the refs to check again? And send Lamela off? Are we too good for that kind of acts? I've seen Barcelona and Real players sourround refs on regular basis, put pressure on incompetent twats like that one tonight, what we do? Feck all. This team lacks that kind of strong and characters ready to do the dirty work. All drama queens and overpaid shits.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
As bad as it sounds this is probably the best thing that's happened to us in a long time. We've been papering over cracks for a decade now. Today's performance has to have repercussions from the top all the way down. The spotlight is definitely on the club now like never before and if todays results brings changes I'll take it all day long.
There won't be any repercussions.
Tomorrow we shall announce a 33 year old striker, on big wages and a 2nd choice LB. That's will be our response.

CG1010

Honestly didn’t make much sense. Cracked a shit joke about Lamela needing an operation, whilst agreeing that united were terrible.

Someone else said it earlier, he sounded pissed.

Apparently he told MOTD “not the worst result in United’s history”.
Thanks.. that line at the end is crazy if true. "Not the worst result in United history..", yeah well great job I suppose for the achievement?

Fooza

Shots
Home5 Away 22
Shots on Target
Home 2 Away 8

I know we went 10 men down but ..... just shocking

Hackman2210

His accountant would.

He's not exactly going to get another job after this (at least not in a proper league). Can't see him turning down that big payoff.
Good point - he might as well take the glazers for every penny. Most of the players do.

CG1010

As bad as it sounds this is probably the best thing that's happened to us in a long time. We've been papering over cracks for a decade now. Today's performance has to have repercussions from the top all the way down. The spotlight is definitely on the club now like never before and if todays results brings changes I'll take it all day long.
The papering over the cracks was till 2013 when Fergie was there.. since then the wall has crashed into a rubble and we have been struggling to put more than two bricks together.

Cpt Negative

Nah it was a red card. Martial knows the rules as do we all. Any time that happens it results in a red, and the game went to pot afterwards. In fact the game went to pot after the penalty when our defence showed how utterly shambolic they are.
Apart from when Mane forearm smashed someone last week and the same ref gave a yellow. Taylor obviously thinks forearm smashes are ok, tickling someone’s chin is not

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In addition to that rat Lamela, how can our players stay so calm and leave it be? Where is the team spirit? Where is the captain? Where is Ole to put pressure on the refs to check again? And send Lamela off? Are we too good for that kind of acts? I've seen Barcelona and Real players sourround refs on regular basis, put pressure on incompetent twats like that one tonight, what we do? Feck all. This team lacks that kind of strong and characters ready to do the dirty work. All drama queens and overpaid shits.
It's possible that a stronger /moany bunch of players get the ref to check the VAR there. Martial in particular should have been going spare at the ref about getting elbow in the neck.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Not really. You attack an excellent poster, who says nothing negative about the club. No reason whatsoever to attack him. Grow up.
Imho all opposition posters should not be allowed to post, especially after a mauling like that, and when 'true' United supporters are pissed-off at our team.

And so you attack me with insults to go and do my transfer gossip?!
And tell me to grow up?
Is it because i'm a female?
Racist.

GenZRed

Any idiot knows you're supposed to go down and act like you've been punched by Mike Tyson in his prime as soon as someone hits you in the face, not hit the person back even harder. Martial must have pudding for brains.

Or perhaps he isn't a soft touch like most footballers.

Kostov

It's possible that a stronger /moany bunch of players get the ref to check the VAR there. Martial in particular should have been going spare at the ref about getting elbow in the neck.
The actually always fecking crumble under pressure. Incompetent ref twats, but our players are just as shit and weak. No fecking fight nothing. The manager also, Fergie would have rained hell on those twats, what does Ole do? When Martial already left the pitch he gets up? What the flying feck man? Get in their faces before it's too late.

KekiZeki

Let us not have any kneejerk reactions to one, although bad, defeat

onemanarmy

Imho all opposition posters should not be allowed to post, especially after a mauling like that, and when 'true' United supporters are pissed-off at our team.

And so you attack me with insults to go and do my transfer gossip?!
And tell me to grow up?
Is it because i'm a female?
Racist.
:lol:

L3G4CY15

I recorded the match and woke up excited to watch (had no idea the result) and when I clicked I guess the coverage hadn’t ended so instead of going to the beginning it started in the post match coverage and I tried to rewind before seeing the score but the first thing I saw was the score. After that I decided I couldn’t be bothered to go back and watch it. I assume it’s much like the players today, couldn’t be bothered.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Unfortunately Maguire and Bailly sparked off this huge loss today by their comical errors for the first goal.
Then we were caught playing suicide football for the second goal.
Lamela was killed soon after and Martial sent off.
End of story and game.

BulgarianDevil91

The thing is teams can be very poor and get in only one goal down. Then 2nd half it’s a different game. The ref robbed us of that opportunity. It’s not a defence but it can’t just be written off as not mattering.
Sure, I just didn't want to sound biased. Totally agree, though.

UtdAgain08

So whats the answer according to you?
I would like at the least for Woodward to pay the price, I don't think it'll happen. The idea you keep calling for the manager to go i think is crazy.

Ole imo worked a miracle getting us third with that group of players and has started poorly this season. He shouldn't lose his job because of it. We sack him, bring in Poch then sack him in a year or two, it seems like a never ending cycle at this club.

Such a long time since SAF told us to stick by our manager, he should have let the board know.

GiddyUp

As much as i like Ole as an ex-player, when you see Biesla tactically out thinking Guardiola and the performances of the Leeds players on the pitch. You do have to wonder what a manager like him (proven elite manager) could do with this squad.

The biggest worry is the players dont look motivated or hungry. Thats really worrying.
They never have. A disgraceful group of players, selfish and lazy.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
You can’t sugar coat a 6-1 hiding at home and there was a lot to be unhappy about, however, it’s not the end of the World. I still have complete faith in Ole and I’m prepared to take a few poor results whilst he looks for the right blend. I’ve said it before, but we need fight in midfield and at the back and the sooner we get Phil Jones back in the side, the better. Fernandez is now being found out and he’s far too lightweight. Pogba is wasting his talent, both centrebacks lacked heart today. You could have replaced any of those players today with Jones and it would have been an improvement.

Bad day at the office, but it’s only 3 games in and not time to panic. Time to stick with Ole at the wheel.

NK86

You can’t sugar coat a 6-1 hiding at home and there was a lot to be unhappy about, however, it’s not the end of the World. I still have complete faith in Ole and I’m prepared to take a few poor results whilst he looks for the right blend. I’ve said it before, but we need fight in midfield and at the back and the sooner we get Phil Jones back in the side, the better. Fernandez is now being found out and he’s far too lightweight. Pogba is wasting his talent, both centrebacks lacked heart today. You could have replaced any of those players today with Jones and it would have been an improvement.

Bad day at the office, but it’s only 3 games in and not time to panic. Time to stick with Ole at the wheel.
Is this a parody account or an opposition poster trying to wum?

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 15% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham