PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Watford

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 March 2019

dove

Absolutely shite, but I guess it's promising that we're able to scrap out wins from games like these.
Is it though? Last season we were able to scrap these kind of wins but our luck ran out eventually. I fear it will be the same if we don't improve a lot.

Judas

Open to offers
Dreadful stuff. Really really poor performance, lucky to win, didn't really deserve it.

We just look so sluggish lately, the idea of Barca against that team, especially on current form is worrying.

El Jefe

Feck me, that was as shite a win as you could get.

I'm so desperate for top 4 that I don't care too much about performances.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bloody awful performance.

Watford didn’t deserve to lose that. It seems that whenever teams bring a fight and energy we cannot hack it. We seem happy to stroll around the pitch and give the opposition all the Space In the world.

Play like that against anybody with some quality and we’re in real trouble.

Shaw jones and Smalling the only people to hold their heads high.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Shite

Too many players not arsed or not good enough.

It pains me to see players not having any pride in that jersey, that Crest, this club

Shaw was excellent

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well I suppose it's a good sign we took 3 points despite playing like shit.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Only positives were Jones and Shaw.

That midfield performance- in defence and attack, was absolute garbage. Herrera and Matic just not at the races at all.

Pog reverting to type the last few games. He can’t hide behind Jose anymore. If it’s like this, he can well and truly feck off.

PaulScholes99

Worst performance this season. Including the Mourinho efforts.

I know people will say 3 points but that was utterly pathetic.

We play like that the rest of the season and whatever points tally we have at the moment is more than likely what we'll finish the season with
West Ham (3-1 defeat), Wolves (last Week) or Brighton (3-2 defeat) were worse. I don't want to defend the performance, it was crap, but we have been worse (what is really sad).

MrHozl

Inappropriate Content
Horrible performance, utter crap! Many in dire need of raising there game or else we will be raped by Barca

Reddy Rederson

another dire game. At what point do we start to point the fingers at players? We've blamed moyes, LVG and jose for some really gash performances by some players. Will it be ole next or will we finally get on board with the fact that some these players are just stealing a living? We know they can play well, so they must be just not bothering. My hope is a mass clear out in the summer.

bondsname

Feel physically sick after that performance. I would not be able to sleep if I performed at that level at my job. I hope they take the team bus straight back to Carrington and continue working on the basics which the players clearly lack. Feck off.

If I could, I would give the win to Watford without hesitation.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Not a great performance, but this HAS to be Matic’s last season as a first-teamer. He’s shockingly past-it now.

Herrera had on one of his headless chicken days, and when you combine that with Young’s usual headless chickenry and Mata doing his best impression of a 12 year old pre-pubescent boy’s physical presence, we might as well not have a right side on the field.

Judas

Open to offers
That was a Jose like home game. Our home form in general is a bit weird. We seem to play in 1st gear far too often.

The midfield needs serious investment.

Such a bigger summer window coming up.

pjaya

Look like the ole effect is wearing off. But still 3 points.

RedDevil@84

3 pts.
We play like headless chickens. Kinda expected.
Barca is gonna kill us

Red Stone

Is it though? Last season we were able to scrap these kind of wins but our luck ran out eventually. I fear it will be the same if we don't improve a lot.
I'm desperately looking for positives, man... We should never be pushed back like that at home against a team like Watford. Very worrying.

Snafu17

I can only assume Herrera and Matić still carry an injury because that was abysmal from both of them. Pogba was awful as well but we know he's not injured, so I don't understand what happened there. Midfield was non existent today.

Cloud7

Pretty crap in all honesty. At least we got a result, but the post PSG performances have been worrying. This isn’t the form we should be going to Barcelona with.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Lucky with the three points.

So many passengers in our team.

Matic and Young especially

Pogba is WC but he is not as irreplaceable as some said he is.

Doucoure had our midfield for lunch.

we were lucky.

Shaw was terrific

Foxbatt

We need a massive overhaul. New right back, a CB, and I would say two midfield players to replace Matic and Herrera.
I think Lingard is simply not good enough to play regularly for any top team.
I hope Ole gets someone like Carlos Quiroz as his assistant.

Alemar

Poor performance, important 3 points. Luke Shaw a MotM.

RedDevil@84

I can only assume Herrera and Matić still carry an injury because that was abysmal from both of them. Pogba was awful as well but we know he's not injured, so I don't understand what happened there. Midfield was non existent today.
Herrera and Matic had time off, right? And Pogba played internationals..

steakpie

What has happened to Herrera? He needs to play further forward.

I still think Matic AND Herrera is too defensive for a game like vs Watford at home. Also prefer Dalot over Young. And would prefer Greenwood over Lingard.

Canagel

Rubbish performance. Why did we enter into defensive mode after 2-0? We should've kept attacking. It was very obvious we couldn't stop them from score today- infact supprised they didn't score much sooner.
At least Rashford and Martial got their goals. We move on to the tuesday game.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I love Ole, but I have a horrible feeling that he is massively out of his depth.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Defense was excellent especially Shaw.

Very poor in MF. The area in between our box and the half way line. Watford in the second half were winning all the balls there. Pogba was poor movement wise. Not too bad when he had the ball.

Our three MFS and our three attackers were second best to the Watford players.

Worrying performance to say the least. beat up badly in the middle of the pitch. Thought it would be tough, just not that tough.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Our midfield had a shocker today. I would have subbed Pogba after 60 minutes. One of his lazy days.

Art

Art the artist
No surprise that those in the transfer rumour mill played like shit. What's even concerning is Ole's tactics. Watford had 20 attempts to our 5. We're not going to get win the league by counter attacking every team. We need to dominate like we did in our first few games under Ole, something that he's gone away from doing.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We really go downhill when Pogba doesn't play well. I guess he no longer has a point to prove.

drdoityourself

Pity because Watford couldn't defend the few times we made it past the halfway line.

There is so much work to be done, happy with the three points but that was awful.

Any time a team comes at us with an ounce of pressure we end up just kicking the ball away.

The attacking patterns, lack of a right winger and a right back, slow midfield and a lack of quality on the ball from the whole back six except Shaw. These are the issues facing Ole.

Devil may care

That's two really poor performances in a row, we got the 3 points but we wont get away with many more stinkers like that, I thought we'd settled into the game in the first half once we shifted to the diamond but we were dreadful in the second half, there was a complete breakdown in midfield, Herrera and Matic not offering protection for the defense or anything on the ball to feed it forward or retain possession.

Jones and Shaw both had decent games and Rashford and Martial both getting on the scoresheet will hopefully do them good, I also thought Mata performed well in the latter part of the first half in the #10 role.

Andersons Dietician

Weird, I watched it with foreign commentators so wasn’t being influenced and I didn’t think it was all that bad from what I saw. Missed the first 30 but up until the end of the first half I thought we were playing some pretty decent stuff. Smalling and Shaw were good at the back and for the most part I didn’t feel like we were ever really in any danger apart from say the last 15 of the 2nd half.

Romez

Dominated by Watford at home, what a joke.

Smalling, Jones and Shaw good.

Man of the Match

Luke Shaw image Luke Shaw 71% of 519 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 346 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win