PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 West Bromwich Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 April 2018

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So in the past 2 weeks, there’s been stories that Pogba, Rashford and Martial want to leave... After seeing shit like that, I wouldn’t give a feck if they all went and took most of their mates with them. Not a single one of them that looks like they give a feck about the club. Completely fecking wank

Addled

We don’t get the praise that we deserve Jose said last week.

What praise does that performance today deserve?

This was appalling. Utd are years away from winning a title and I don’t know if the current back room team are the ones to steer the club towards that title.

Prodigy24

Yeah, why even bother winning last week if they would serve us with this fecking crap? Bunch of overpaid bottlers the lot of them. So incredibly disappointed in everyone.

Red_toad

Shite result, shite ref and shite performance. Players just didn't look up for it, should have won comfortably.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What a way to confirm your local rivals as champs.....losing at home to the bottom team

stevoc

West Brom will sit back with 10 men behind the ball we know this. And yet we choose to play a 3 man midfield, Mata and Sanchez who provide zero width and Valencia who is more afraid of crosses than Dracula. Great team selection.

minoo-utd

We haven't gone for it since the start of the game. Played like WestBrom will beat them self. And win is guarnteed. Fecking clueless whole the 90 mins. Jose? Players? Same shit.
How ironic, we made them champions today. Wow.

extincti fugax hominum

A well deserved loss for us and a well deserved win for West Brom as they defended well and we had 0 chances. We have no right to have a laugh at anyone with this fecking shambolic attacking play.

Frings

I don't like the football we play. I have tried to make myself like it so much but I can't. There's just no organization or no thought behind it. So much randomness and everyone trying to do the same thing. It's even worse because sometimes the opposition seem to be able to read our moves in advance.

Depressing stuff really.

Castia

Looked like a pre season game.
Post season game maybe?

Looks like all eyes were on Spurs, we should have been better but this is a dead end to the season. Hopefully the likes if Ching gets playing time from here on in

We can quiet easily finish 4th and have to play a CL play off match....feck that right off. Anything other than second from here on out will be a massive failure.

Zlatattack

I knew it was going to be 1-0 to West Brom. Should have put money on it. Shit bastards, all of them.

van Nistelrooy

Lukaku.
Alexis.
Mata.
Lingard.
Martial.
Rashford.

Our entire attacking force all on the pitch at the same time and we can't score a single goal at home to the bottom team who are without a manager! They're all but relegated already and they were playing for pride more than survival.

We're an absolute joke. Everyone should be criticized from Mourinho to the players. Pogba is completely hopeless.

AngliaRed

Beat top team last week away
Lose to the bottom team at home today!

Sums up how random and shit we have been all season. I cant see how we’re still 2nd, sums up how shit the rest have been too!

This isn’t on Jose, this is on the players heads. They have been flat and clueless all season. Soon as underperforming fringe players like Mata, Young, Valencia, Smalling and Fellaini are all sold and replaced the better.

Betson

We should be beyond embarrassment at this club with the anti Football stuff we play most of the time , but that truly was embarrassing.

All the feel good factor from last week gone in a puff again , just like it does anytime we look like we might turn a corner.

There is no corner to be turned here with this squad , we are just not good enough. It is a miracle and a very poor indictment of the quality of the premier league this year that we are still 2nd place.

The_Order

Bye bye Martial. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. No heart, no urgency, nothing from him.

No attacking patterns, no unity, it can't all be on the players.
Two very contradictory sentences

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Meh.

No excusing that performance, but we should have had the clearest of clear cut penalties. It wasn't even debatable. It won't get the same outrage as the Aguero one last week that wasn't given, I predict.

Really didn't need Matic out there today, and it proved costly. Herrera and Pogba would have been enough behind a front 4. Matic doesn't offer much if he's not cleaning up infront of the back 4, which he didn't really have to do.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Probably the worst match ever in Old Trafford.

Mourinho 0/10
De Gea 6/10
Rest of the team 2/10

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
Spineless stuff today.
Well done Mourinho you cnut.

NK86

Meh. It says a lot when players don't seem too bothered with that performance. Wish there was some plan and vision to where we are headed. Under Mourinho, the best I expect is shite on a stick football with some decent and good performances sprinkled over the season and perhaps a nothing trophy. Let him sell who he wants and buy who he wants so that he can play the shite football the he wants us to. Then please feck him off once his contract is up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lucky the title was over by February. Imagine losing the title because of this defeat.

Players were not up for it at all. Just did not want to be out there.

Should not have started with a three man midfield. Jesus christ we were playing the bottom club in the league, not Barcelona or Bayern. terrible terrible performance. Juan Mata in the first half kept on passing either backwards or sidewards.

paulscholes18

Rubbish, poor subs Mata was woefu,l Matic and Sanchez were crap. Mata and Sanchez played far too narrow 1st half, Lukaku had no real service, both full back positions need upgrading badly

Ban

Bye bye Martial. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. No heart, no urgency, nothing from him.

No attacking patterns, no unity, it can't all be on the players.
Blaming Martial for anything today is awful.

siw2007

One of the worst performances of the season. Thought we were slow, ponderous, unbalanced and complacent.

Players must take blame for poor attitude, it was arrogant and lazy from first minute. Thought Jose’s set up was strange as well. We had a lot of possession but it all got congregated in the middle which more or less killed our attacks.

Mal donaghy

Mourinhio has lost half this team , why pick on pogba why take him off , hope he was injured otherwise it's more of Jose's bullying singling players out but letting other shite players , Sanchez, lukaku , play through their bad form.
Genuine question where the hell do we start putting this right

Maybe not lukaku but you get my point

FelixFelixFelix

Truly deserved to lose the match. They wanted to play elegantly but then make things too complicated. And then I just see a team without chemistry at all. I want them to lose the match to let them know how bad they can be and learn from this.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 3:0 West Brom
  • 21% Man Utd 4:0 West Brom